Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
atymer chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
Luna is always hysterical and I love her to bits.
I liked Notts timing and his dry delivery.
I think Orion needs a calming draught at least three times a day. lol lol
griffin blackwood chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
Nice Job with the chapter
FateBurn chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
Great chapter cant wait for the next one, also I cant remember but why hasnt he gone to check the Diadem at the Room of Lost Things unless he doesnt know if so alienation the ghosts of Hogwarts will cost him in the long run when he finally has to go talk with Helena about it. Please try not to take as long with the next chapter.
Joncis chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
Excellent, an update.

I enjoy this story, even if it's a little slowed paced. I love the way you realistically portray most of the characters - something that is rather rare in fanfiction. You have also kept a time travelling Harry from being overpowered, which keeps it interesting by giving your protagonist something to struggle against. I'm glad that you've gotten back to Hogwarts, and am hoping that you plan on having the Chamber open. Without parseltongue, it would be really fun to see how Harry would fare. I'm also looking forward to Neville's development and would like to see some kind of confrontation with Harry and Frank.

As for the slower pace, you could either update more frequently, or simply try to focus on the main plot more often. I think one of the weaknesses of your story is that you take all this time setting up your world, but still haven't done a lot with it. Conflict and change is good, and though it seems you're trying to keep it from happening too fast, I hope that you can find a logical way to speed up the character development and coming obstacles (or just update more often).

Hope you get over your writer's block and keep it up.
Nostalgic Beauty chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
Did you realize that this and the previous chapters are exactly the same?

Anyway, I'm surprised at the change in Quidditch position. I've never read a fic where Harry was anything but a Seeker. On the other hand, Binn's exorcism was awesome and long overdue, and Harry's problems with Daphane are very amusing. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Lord Kolos chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
Why did u repeat the chapter?
CRBox chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
i think you have posted the same chapter twice.
RedBlueFish chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
It's nice seeing Harry back in Hogwarts. Hopefully we see him doing a bit more on the Voldemort/political front besides stewing away in his own frustration.
Mistress Anko chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
You've posted chapter 19 twice. Not that I didn't like chapter 19, but I don't think I need to reread it.
traviswj chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
It could just be my phone stuffing up, but this chapter seems to be identical to the last chapter?
Vaughn Tyler chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
nice
DarkRavie chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
Great chapter! Love this story and you are doing an awesome job with writing it. I can't wait to read what happens next.
mambajama chapter 21 . 6/4/2013
zephyr hb chapter 20 . 6/3/2013
great fic, good direction and mostly good paced
Sweetdoggie chapter 20 . 5/31/2013
Lovely story. I love do-over fics and you have certainly portrayed the problems of the Wizarding world well. I especially appreciate the fact that the Purebloods actually have a reason for not wishing to marry Muggleborns, instead of it just being a stupid 'hate' thing. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.
3,816 | « Prev Page 1 .. 117 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 137 .. Last Next »