Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
MissChriss chapter 16 . 12/9/2011
This fic is really good. I love political Harry. I think the gift of Assessing is awesome and am looking forward to seeing how he views people and watching his predictions come true. I wonder if he will have any other talents in the art of divination. I can't wait to see what will happen with the diary. I have the feeling that Lucius recognized the name.

I really enjoyed how you described magic and the magical community. I am looking forward to the next chapter. I think it is cute how Harry and Draco are hiding from Daphne and Pansy.
Confeito chapter 16 . 12/9/2011
Interesting story _
BreGurl23 chapter 16 . 12/9/2011
hurry up with chapter 15 please :)
hentai18ancilla chapter 16 . 12/8/2011
Well ultimately it is your decision. Don't forget. Really like the story.
Shinnyshin chapter 16 . 12/8/2011
Normally, I like leaving constructive reviews that can maybe help the author by discussing strengths and weaknesses of the story and possible pitfalls in the future based on the directions the author is going. However, road trips ugh, so wayyy too tired to do the job right. So just going to say that I'm enjoying this story immensely and do really hope that you keep it up. It's well-written, good, honest fun. My only real concern right now is about pacing.

Considering you're very, very, very early in your story (less than halfway through first year) and it's taken you a year and 110k words when the entire first Harry Potter book was 75k words, well...at the rate you're going (not saying you're necessarily going to continue like this, just as is...), it's either going to take a decade to get anywhere in your story OR this is going to be one of those many promising stories that has a great start and just enough substance to get readers really going, but just peters out and ends abruptly (unfinished or forced ending).

I don't want that for your story. Please be careful?
FairAris chapter 16 . 12/8/2011
I think it does make more sense that Harry really could be an assessor. Great chapter! I'm so glad you updated
The Flying Spaghetti Monster chapter 16 . 12/8/2011
ggg
kyzhart chapter 16 . 12/8/2011
I think him being an assessor makes sense. Magic is partly willpower and partly belief. They say if you act the part you become it so it follows that his magic is following his actions and subconscious to make him into an assessor. I'm loving this fic. I like the relationship between Orion and Sirius and their plans on changing the world. One piece at a time. I was surprised that Orion didn't offer to back the twins joke shop as an investment. I look forward to reading more.
Duleny chapter 16 . 12/8/2011
I really liked that he does have the ability of assessing after all. I can't wait to see how Sirius talks Snape into making the potion or if you even write about that.
raj chapter 15 . 12/8/2011
I think of him as harry
sunsethill chapter 16 . 12/8/2011
Many stories that have Sirius and Harry begin to work the pureblood circuits have them effortlessly falling into it and accepting all aspects of the culture as superior. You have hit a happy medium here of showing Sirius and Harry recognizing the good, putting up (unhappily) with the silly, and trying to circumvent the bad. I like that Harry is an Assessor and can't wait to see how you use this. And I hope Harry can get some slack over having to choose his bride at age 11. Nice update.
Cleo26 chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Your story is awesome! You're a talented author as well, please update soon :D
the real sound ninja chapter 16 . 12/8/2011
When Dumbledore talked to Harry and first called him an Assessor [back in Ch12], did Dumbledore feel the Elder Wand reacting to Harry’s presence?

Harry was the Master of Death in his previous life, and may have a magical connection to this new universe’s Elder Wand, Invisibility Cloak, or Resurrection Stone.

To me, the most useful power a Master of Death might have would be the ability to destroy a Horcrux without damaging the object its stored it.

Just imagine what an Assessor wearing Ravenclaw's Diadem coud achieve once Harry removes the Horcrux inside it.
1529 chapter 13 . 12/8/2011
I'm going to have to stop reading this story. Sorry, I tried, but the claim that the wizarding world doesn't need to catch up due to some'rules of magic' or whatever is ridiculous. The entire problem in the wizarding world that we see through canon is the lack of respect for others. While I can see the true purebloods that were raised perhaps holding muggles in contempt and hating them, you have twisted Harry to the point that he is doing so as well.

From being a 'hero of the wizarding world', Harry in this new world has fallen to being a part of the problem. He sees nothing wrong with completely separating the worlds and keeping wizards above responsibility for their actions, because what all of these stories invariably forget is the mass murders committed during Voldemort's reign in MUGGLE areas, beside that the occasional act of child abuse is nothing... Especially since in canon we see one abused child by muggles (Harry) and one by magicals (Neville)... Furthermore we see abused house-elves, no respect for any other magical creatures, diseases create second class citizens... The list is nearly endless, and Harry KNEW all of this in his old world, yet he is defending the pureblood bigots in this case (or as close as).

Like I said, I'm sorry, but the logical platform of where this story began has been lost as Harry's actions and beliefs have shifted so far as to be unrecognizable...
XinnLajgin chapter 16 . 12/8/2011
I don't think its much of a leap,Harry was a bit empathic in the books. Not really psychic as it were but sensitive enough for it to not be unbelievable in this fic.
3,077 | « Prev Page 1 .. 138 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 158 .. Last Next »