Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
J-Kid chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
This is exactly the sort of thing I love to read in my fanfiction. Thanks for posting, I'm glad I tried this! I'll be following it for sure.
S.Peridot chapter 19 . 12/11/2012
I had to go back and read this from the first chapter to remember. And I've really enjoyed this fic. Nice chapter. And please update sometime soon.

MargaritaS chapter 19 . 12/10/2012
interesting story, i look forward to reading the next update. and seeing what 2nd year holds. im saddened that harry is no longer a parslemouth (is that a confirmed fact? what with the adoption a his assessor talent creeping up from nowhere it seem possible that it could have been triggered again)
femalefarrier chapter 19 . 12/9/2012
please please keep going loving the the story..
Secluded Tune chapter 19 . 12/9/2012
Lockhart! At least Harry Potter isn't 'Harry Potter' anymore, so he'll have no reason to bother the poor boy. . . . Right?
monkey kix ass chapter 19 . 12/9/2012
lol, sirius turning into a politician. i wonder how harry and sirius are going to expose lockhart. also, that was an interesting twist to have voldermort be successful in stealing the stone. i must admit that i did not see that one coming. wonder how much of a divergence that little fact will cause. and i wonder which follower voldermort is now possessing in order to have followed through with the heist. really interesting plot line. thoroughly enjoyed reading what you've written so far. can't wait to read what you write next.
happybunny688 chapter 19 . 12/9/2012
LOVE this story, hope you continue soon! Great ch :)
Sweetdoggie chapter 19 . 12/8/2012
Finally got the time to read the latest update. Had to start the entire story over from the beginning, but that's OK as it's still a great read. I feel sorry for Harry having to do childhood over again. The best thing you can say about being a kid is that it eventually ends. I can't imagine going through it twice! I'm anxious to find out more about the Philosopher's stone and what happened to it. You are doing a great job with this story. Thanks for sharing your work.
Kayamve chapter 19 . 12/8/2012
You know this is a well written fanfic, it's also an intriguing concept. While I was a bit aprehensive about a time/dimension traveling fic, I am quite taken with this story! Keep up the good work!
Kairan1979 chapter 19 . 12/7/2012
I really enjoyed your story so far.
I liked the idea of Sirius blood-adopting Harry (it makes more sense than in canon) and Black family accepting 'Orion' because of his abilities.
Is Daphne genuinely interested in 'Orion' or just think he is good match?
I enjoyed the way Snape dealt with bigoted DADA teacher.
I bet Voldemort is furious that his Half-blood status became public knowledge.
I wonder what Sirius is going to do with the Wolfsbane potion and Lockhart situation.
Also it could be nice to see Harry helping Luna lovegood to deal with bullies (after all, he already helped Neville).
imgettingtiredofyou chapter 19 . 12/7/2012
I cannot express how glad I am that you didn't have Flamel speak modern English.
Evil Monkey chapter 6 . 12/7/2012
Hm, i really hope this isn't gonna develop into one of those stories where so many historical people were actually wizards, and muggle culture, laws, etc are inferior or bashed upon. harry's already changing view of hermione and her spew campaign and/or logic almost being inimical to magic are quite simply stupidly broad generalizations and logical fallacies.
just because house elves enjoy their slavery those not make it right for instance. (especially since they most likely would not have evolved or simply popped into existence as slaves to wizards)
also, muggleborns needing to assimilate wiz culture isn't really a must. rather it is the other way around, wiz. need to accommodate for muglbrns because not only have their numbers been reduced drastically after two devastating wars, it is their self-imposed exile from the rest of the world that makes them desperately need muggleborns more than muggleborns need them. something i've never understood about fics where muggleborns are treated like dirt is why they don't create their own society removed from the wizards.
anyway, i'll read a bit more, but the tone of the story makes it more than likely that i'll eventually abandon it.
we'll see
bmhallows chapter 19 . 12/6/2012
just found this story and love it
sunsethill chapter 19 . 12/6/2012
I like the background you came up with for the Stone. There still are some weird elements, but that's canon for you. ;-) The discussions with the werewolves continued to illustrate that wizards really can't think outside the box.
RavenclawEncyclopedia chapter 19 . 12/5/2012
Harry could use his Assessor's powers to walk up to Lockhart and shout out, "He's a fraud!"
I really, really love this story. It's a new take on this kind of thing, and you've made it really unique. It's funny, interesting, and exciting. Good work! Please update soon!
Mischief managed,