Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
Sue Clover chapter 25 . 9/11
Well, I feel this chapter was just fine. Better than fine, it seemed to be quite up to the standards of the rest of your chapters. I do think it was a might depressing, what with everything seeming to be going wrong, so maybe a little more lighthearted comedic relief or something wouldn't go amiss, but overall I think it's going quite well.
Sue Clover chapter 24 . 9/11
Ohhh, boy. Their aims don't seem too far-fetched, overall, but I just know SPELL will be seen as them forming an army of muggleborns to upset the status quo, and everything will just become increasingly 'us' versus 'them.' This is going to be a problem.
Sue Clover chapter 23 . 9/11
Ugh, I can't figure out the anagram! What is something related to Voldy that has a P in it?
I guess I'll take this moment to tell you how much I like this story. It's really interesting, and I love all the character development going on, how the characters are themselves, yet different. I love how well thought out all the differences between canon and this AU seem. And the plot. I like how every time they take a step forward, they mostly succeed, but there are negative consequences. Like all the ghosts avoiding or harassing him for getting rid of Binns. And then sometimes the enemy wins, like Voldemort stealing the stone and getting a body back. It's all fascinating, and I look forward to reading more. I'm not even caught up with where you are in the writing yet! I will be soon, I'm sure, though.
Acacia Jules chapter 25 . 9/11
I want to like this. I DID like this. But it's gotten SO BORING. Politics is so fucking boring, it's not funny. There's a reason you don't see many books that make every single thing that happens/doesn't happen politics, unless there is action involved. It just makes the story DRAG, and you just stop caring, and realize it's all pointless, because NOTHING IS EVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Not to mention, Harry's become a pureblood asshole.
Acacia Jules chapter 2 . 9/10
The whole underage magic thing only applies to students after the age of 11 who have wands. The only reason they went after Harry was because he was in a muggle home, and they knew a student was there, so there should be no magic happening, thus why Dobby's magic was thought as Harry's. But nothing he'd done PRIOR to that was ever mentioned.
MarshMadness chapter 26 . 9/5
Sucha a good story please please please keep writing it.
Padfoot's Time Turner chapter 26 . 9/3
This story is pretty awesome. I love your character development and plot. The only actual problem is how frustrating the story is, but I suppose that's points for you for having me sympathize with the character's views. All in all, this is a great fic and I think you should keep writing.
daisycb chapter 10 . 9/2
I've always wondered why Hermione could do spells prior to starting Hogwarts and not get an owl from that underage magic department that was always after Harry and the fact that Hermione didn't mention that discrepancy when Harry had his hearing or the other two instances. I'm enjoying your interesting take on Harry's story.
Calypto chapter 25 . 9/2
wow every time i read Hermione behaving like she is the undoubted moral compass of the universe I feel like ripping my spleen out. its so damn retarded that a diagnosis of bipolarity would not be farfetched. nyways im done with this fic, gl writing further
mckertis chapter 15 . 8/31
Yeah, Wolfsbane potion was SUCH a "great" idea. Now, the criminals who are werewolves can keep their mind while transformed, and attack who they want, instead of whoever is nearby ! Seriously, the way some people keep jamming the frigging potion into their fics without for a moment thinking about the implications...
Chinnus chapter 26 . 8/29
I am in love with your story! The way you manage to tell (or write in this case) the plot with twists is incredible. Hope to see another update soon. Other than that hope you have a nice day:)
Aegorm chapter 26 . 8/29
Your Hermione is even more irritating than some Hermione in bashing stories.
It's rather impressive really. You never bashed her and you still managed to create a character I utterly despise...

Ah well, update soon!
PMinra chapter 1 . 8/27
Woaw, I liked it!
tunasalad chapter 23 . 8/25
Someone please tell me what the anagram is for empero gaunt, I'm horrible at this
Calypto chapter 25 . 8/22
wow i knew i was going to read drama, but this is getting pretty intense and ridiculously headache inducing especially as i usually immerse my self in the story. Hermione's one year into the brit wiz world and has so much problem why doesnt she just go to france for school? and she turning on harry jus cause he is a supposed pure blood. and how is saying all pure bloods are probably inbreed any different from the other side saying all muggle born are mudbloods and beneath them? i understand that u are at liberty to write as u want and it might be important for these events to occur for your plot to progress, but if both sides remain this intensely bigoted then unless you pull an dues ex machina out of your writer ass it would be impossible to reach a compromise..nyways all the best with the fic and thanks for sharing your story. i might not like all of . it
3,708 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »