Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
Lingu chapter 2 . 12/18/2016
But... The only reason Sirius stayed sane was because of his knowledge that Harry was safe. It wasn't particularly happy, but it was fact, so the dementors couldn't take it away... and that's not going to be true in this world? Ah, well, I'll have to read on to find out.
Hashai chapter 26 . 12/16/2016
I still don't like Hermione, even if a understand her better. There was one thing i didn't take into account, was the fact that they all feel a little bit patronize by Orion. I didn't realise is effort to act like a twleve year old were not totally successfull _
I really hope you'll update soon, i will love to see the goblins became their allies. I kind of start seing a pattern, with magical creature being the Black allies : after the werewolves, the goblins !
Hashai chapter 25 . 12/16/2016
It official : i hate the way this Hermione is !
I do understand that she is only 12 year old and that being in Slytherin confronted her to the wizzarding world bigotery earlier and harder, but i still don't like her. As justified as she is in wanting equality, she just appears like a colon to me : coming into other people land, branding them barbarians because their believes and way of life is different and wanting to impose her own view as better. And, as Harry told her doing the same thing as those she critiqued. I didn't see a critisizing of Harry/Orion friendship coming and i was king of disgusted by it because she is so selfcentered that she forget that they are actually pureblood people who fought against Voldemort and all that. I hate how selfcentered she is. And ship wise i'am a sucker for Harmony but i feel like am not going to want it, for this fanfic.

Other than that, i really love your fanfiction. I'm in love with Orion and Sirius father/son relationship. And the Blacks dynamics as a family. Draco/Orion friendship makes me laugh a lot and i neraly died laughing when Melania proposed a Sirius/Tonks wedding xD I was so sad when Arcturus died.

Vilain wise, i really love the changes in that story and i'm curious to see how long Voldy he's going to continue is political approach. I a little afraid to see how Sirius and Orion re isolated, without real ally when they do no lack ennemies.
In other changes, i'm so impatient for a Longbottom confrontation, like someone need to talk to Franck up regarding the way he treat Neville. I have a question : he's Neville wand his own and his difficulty doing magic just caused by the trauma of the differents ways is familly tried to awaken is magic? Because in canon (or is it just the fandom? I don't even remember ... i read to much fanfiction -_-') the use of his father wand played a role in his less effective magic. I hope my question is clear.

Now i'm going to go read the lat chapter then i'll go pray for you to up-date soon _!

Thanks fo sharing your story !
torogi71791 chapter 26 . 12/13/2016
I must say, love the story progression it's leads the tale to be fresh and non obvious which often makes the story interesting. I hope you would continue and suggest in next chapter Surius fail any agreement with goblins and that there are open revolt and with himself and his son. Resulting in them having to come up with a wizard version of a monetary system to provide voldemort from having full control of wizard economy and give the blacks control of the printing progress. Harry's come up with the idea and process for the material using unicorn blood willing given through luna as magical ink, this ink is a primary binder for the currency with the color of a twisted dark silver and red hue like curse. With that of the unicorn but act as the writhing curse had with dumdore progressional growing stronger over time with the misuse of currency in addition different color ink with unicorn blood for added curses and protection. Magical spell resistance plant for the paper gain through Neville longbottom. The plant must be only able to use this ability well its alive so that harry must use evil or trickier fairy bones that are melted with the paper with an addition of time runes use time tuning and animation rune and spell used by necromancy to form the trickier paper which is scripted in unicorn blood and then finish pressed in a alchemy press wooden and metalic stomp print of a fairy mind or brain with its heart a the center for the completion of the wizard currency.
sarah chapter 26 . 12/13/2016
HOLY SHIT WAts SIRIUS GONNA DO!? MAAN I SAVED THIS FIC A LONG TIME AGO AND HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO READ THE NEW UPDATES RECENTLY cos i was busy BUT THEN I WENT AND READ THE WHOLE FIC AGAIN COS I FORGOT SOME BITS OF IT AND WOW IM SO HAPPY I DID AND IM HOPING UR STILL CONTINUING THIS GLORIOUS STORY BECAUSE IT'S JUST AMAZING AND UR WRITING IS PHENOMENAL! everything seems like it's spiraling down to shit but man i hope harry and sirius have a plan sdjflskdfj THANKS FOR THIS WONDERFUL STORY AND I HOPE TO SEE U UPDATE SOON!
Locket1 chapter 26 . 12/7/2016
Just found this story. Quite eager to have more updates sent my way. Keep smiling.
7ima chapter 16 . 11/29/2016
Gotta say buddy, love Ernie's choice of words. Old bean!? xD
jasmijnnnn chapter 26 . 11/24/2016
Well, this was really something else. I quite enjoyed your take on the whole muggleborn/pureblood magic. Very well done!
moosejuice5 chapter 26 . 11/23/2016
Realy loving this fic, I hope to read more soon :)
Overide22 chapter 26 . 11/21/2016
I am really enjoying this story. Please keep up the great writing!
reddir chapter 20 . 11/18/2016
I'm surprised DLP 'hate's you. I'm not often on that forum, but it seems to me that you've introduced some deeper thought about the politics and society behind magical Britain. (Its new to at least me.)
reddir chapter 15 . 11/15/2016
I think of him mainly as Orion, due to his developed personality - not a child anymore.

Still, I do like your occasional references as Harry. It reminds me of where he came from, and reinforces the sense of contrast between this and the original universe.
reddir chapter 12 . 11/15/2016
I'm intrigued by what you might do with Snape. He was such an important character that I find myself hoping you will make him an important character in your story and develop this new angle on him further.

Still, even if you don't do much more with him, I think what you show of him is fairly true to character. Without any trace of Lily left, what does he have to live for? Harry at least gave him some thing to be passionate about, even if only in a Love/Hate complex.
reddir chapter 11 . 11/15/2016
Since you asked...my thought is that anyone who has to invent lies about a supposed enemy is just frightened and trying to shore up some sense of superiority over that enemy. Its a sign that in their subconscious they have some sense (rightly or wrongly) that the enemy actually is more powerful than them, or that the sense of superiority with which they comfort themselves is quite wrong - and so they invent new and more ridiculous reasons to try to maintain that faltering sense of superiority.

This fits quite nicely with the Magical Britain - at least in Rowlings books. I'm not yet sure if this was your intention for your story. If nothing else, it might indicate that Footswitch is feeling insecure as an individual and trying to grasp some sense of acceptance by putting down a commonly accepted target.
reddir chapter 6 . 11/14/2016
Very interesting ideas here - they really add to the richness of magical society.

It always felt a bit bland to me, and after reading this chapter I now know why. Such a long-standing culture should really have had more details and complexity than we saw in the books.

(The new movie coming out seems like it will show some of that complexity, although in America.)
3,764 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »