Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
polyptera chapter 20 . 4/11/2013
I loved your story!

I'm interested to see how you plan on budgeting a wizarding ? Perhaps you are thinking of the classes that Cassie teaches to the lifeblood children? Maybe she would be teaching them again?
Shinteo-5 chapter 20 . 4/11/2013
Don't bother with the DLP forum. They never have anything nice to say about any story, and anything they find interesting, I find boring. Add in the fact that they have driven many good fanfic writers away with their attitude, so I say, ignoring them is the best way to deal with that bunch.
Lioness32 chapter 20 . 4/10/2013
Great chapter! Love the interlude with Sirius and I can't wait for more of their shenanigans!
Iphigelina chapter 20 . 4/10/2013
Well, I think hating what you are doing here is a little too much. I think that you've got a good style of writing and you do well in your scenario. Your Sirius is great, and Orion is very likeable. All in all it is a good fanfiction.

I don't know if some people think you make some huge mistakes but I don't think it is deserved. Maybe they don't like the liberties you took a any author has the right to.

I hope you don't let yourself be stop by those bad comments!

(ps: sorry, I'm french and my english is probably awful ''''')

Have a good day!
kt chapter 20 . 4/10/2013
I checked out the DLP forum for good recs, and apart for one or two novels, the only stories with high marks are short one shots, (presumably because less words means less to pick over?) and most hard core fans I know of prefer big, meaty stories. So, it's really not that helpful a place to go for anyone who doesn't enjoy having a good whinge.

Love your story. Really enjoy the concept of magic and blood you have developed. Interested to see where it leads.
kjate95 chapter 20 . 4/10/2013
Brilliant chapter yet again. I like the pace of the story but would love even more for more frequent updates as I had to skim read the previous chapter to understand what was going on! But, apart from that Im really looking forward to what you have planned :)
Gioia chapter 20 . 4/10/2013
I'm just stopping by to let you know I'm still just nuts about this story. I'm so sorry you encountered the DLP review of your story. For the record, I have absolutely no respect for them. It's a complete mob mentality over there, and the behavior is utterly thoughtless, conscienceless, juvenile and crass. Their idea of quality literature is laughable; they certainly don't understand the difference between utterly-cliche, over-the-top crap!fic vs. stories such as yours which do a fantastic job of approaching a what-if premise and taking things to their logical end, all without writing redundant, tired plots and OOC protagonists. Your story is fresh, exciting, and a ton of fun. Furthermore, you do a fantastic job of self-editing. I tend to be an obsessive stickler about writing errors, and your story has never once caused me a moment's irritation.

I am also enjoying the steady progress you are making with this story. This chapter was particularly fun, as we got to see the enthusiastic response of the werewolves to the new legislation, as well as enjoy the absolutely hilarious Board meeting at Hogwarts. Dumbledore's method of handling the Board is a hoot! I'm particularly amused by the fact that Sirius not only sees right through Dumbledore's manipulations, but has decided to out-maneuver Dumbledore and the entire Board by sticking to what he knows: pranking. I suspect an exorcism is coming up quick, LOL! Hopefully Sirius has someone in mind for a teacher who will work for cheap, because otherwise he's going to risk someone like Umbridge getting appointed. What a shame that the wizarding world is too bigoted to accept a werewolf such as Lupin for the post, considering how cheaply he would be forced to work! Then again, Harry did just observe that the only thing that the wizarding world has ever protested was an inconvenience to their finances. Perhaps the thought of having a werewolf work for so cheap will overcome the Board's bigotry?

I know this is a bit presumptuous, so I hope the teasing spirit in which I intend this does come across: Should you ever have the urge to write more outtakes, I'm DYING to see how certain characters would respond to discovering that Orion is really Harry Potter. I wouldn't wish this disclosure upon your Harry at this time, given all you have going on, but part of me can't help but be amused at the shock that Dumbledore would feel, the enthusiasm I hope Dobby would be capable of feeling, as well as the reactions of many among your diverse cast, such as Lupin, Arcturus Black, Draco, McGonagall, and the wizarding world at large. For example, would the Greengrasses be so eager to push an arranged marriage with Harry Potter the famous half-blood saviour?

Mostly, though, I'm just eager to see where you're taking the story. You've done a great job of writing a dramatic adventure, particularly given that this story is mostly politically-based, not action-based! It takes a real gift to make wizarding politics this exciting, particularly when showing it all through the eyes of the likes of Harry and Sirius, who both detest politics. Love it! I can't wait to see what comes next. Thanks for all of your hard work!
actualhobbit chapter 20 . 4/9/2013
Don't let the DLP get you down, they kind of hate everything over there. Anyway, awesome chapter, and awesome story. Skipped a lot of important schoolwork because I couldn't bring myself to stop reading it. Keep it up. ;)
Triggerhappy Sniper chapter 20 . 4/9/2013
Ay, I'm a DLP member and your fic is one of my favorites. Brush off the negative opinions cuz haters gon' hate. Keep writing till your hearts content and supply us s'more of that literary crack! Peace.
G chapter 16 . 4/9/2013
I just wanted Harry to have the "Accessor" ability every since you brought it up because it seems so amazing and unique. Gratz!
Duquette7 chapter 20 . 4/9/2013
Well, if its any consolation I think your story is great! The fact that you have over 4,000 followers should be proof of that.
SnowyAshCat chapter 20 . 4/9/2013
O.o I really like the story - I don't see why they wouldn't, but I also don't think I've ever been to the DLP site. I guess everyone just has different tastes though. I don't normally care for time-travel/alternate universe fics much myself, especially with both Harry and Sirius, but I've thought yours is one of the more well-written ones and you've managed to make it seem fairly original.
That being said, I'm eagerly waiting for the next update ;) I'm insanely curious as to where you're going with the theft of the philosopher's stone and I'm awaiting Luna's arrival at Hogwarts in second year to see what might come of it.
squarepancake chapter 20 . 4/9/2013
I love that you have a realistic portrayal of the board meeting. There's no "OMG, did you guys not notice that the history teacher is a ghost? Let's fix that!" while everyone cheers, agrees and coughs up money as though no one else have ever noticed this.

I do wonder whether the Wolfsbane potion will have any affect on the public's reactions to werewolves.
HaRoHe vs VoBeSe chapter 20 . 4/9/2013
Yaaaaay for new chapter :-)

You are an amazing alternate-story writer, don't let the bums at DLP tell you otherwise.
Keep on doing what you do.
I do hope Sirius idea is to employ Remus Lupin as DADA teacher, under a taken name now that the wolfbane potion has been made.
I also would like the next chapter to be in Harry POW. And I hope that the Aurors soon gets a lead at least to where the Philosophers Stone is.

But, it's your story. I am fully content with reading what you have planned.
Celena Black chapter 20 . 4/9/2013
great fic, i hope you do continue :)
3,191 | « Prev Page 1 .. 83 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 103 .. Last Next »