Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
Sakae Doragon chapter 2 . 4/28/2014
I like this story: the plot is GREAT, your writing is really good, and everything is believable. There are 20 more chapters for me to read and each seems to be of decent length. The only thing that concerns me is that the 22nd chapter was updated mid-2013 and this story isn't complete... but I'll continue reading since I like it so far, hopefully I won't be disappointed on where the story was stopped at.

P.S. I am a little confused on when Harry is dropped off in the new world; is it where the Harry from that world would've been 10 years old? Earlier? Later?
MisteryMaiden chapter 22 . 4/23/2014
Are you ever going to update this? It's been months, almost going on a year in two more...
HoratiosGirl101 chapter 22 . 4/23/2014
NOOOOO! WHY'D ARCTURUS HAVE TO DIE?! :'( TTTT
Mari92 chapter 22 . 4/22/2014
I feel the need to ask, did you change anything in this chapter? I am asking because I got an update alert in my mail box but as far as I can see I have read this before and nothing new...
Harriverse chapter 19 . 4/21/2014
You know, very few stories that I've come across ever have the stone staying in Gringotts. In fact, yours is the first. Wouldn't it be cool if Voldy used Nagini to steal the stone? Snakes like to be underground and are good at getting into tight spaces. Go Team Snake!
Harriverse chapter 18 . 4/21/2014
Your explanation of why Hogwarts is having financial troubles was very convincing. The true story was just so ironic as to be funny.
Guest chapter 16 . 4/21/2014
Harry has all kinds of luck, doesn't he. Kudos for inventing a new form of magic. I kind of thought it was a made up skill, or I'm saying you made it so plausible that it turning out to be real in your 'verse is just too funny.
Harriverse chapter 14 . 4/21/2014
I like how you switched points of view. By letting us know how Sirius is working to help Harry, it seems more like Harry is actually having a better life. He has a family that he belongs to. I can't wait to see how Harry tries to fix Snape.
thehereandnow33 chapter 22 . 4/19/2014
Ahhhhh! UPDATE PLEASEEEEEEE! :D
Cherrysinger chapter 22 . 4/19/2014
Oh my god! I was actually really beginning to like Arcturus! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
kira66 chapter 22 . 4/14/2014
More?!
Taure chapter 21 . 4/13/2014
"the Potter trust vault (which, following canon, is just about enough for 7 years at Hogwarts)"

This is not canon. The only indication we have as to the amount of gold Harry has is that he has enough to buy a Firebolt, but not enough to buy one casually.

Also, earlier in the fic you had Sirius hand over the Potter vault to Harry.
Taure chapter 11 . 4/13/2014
Not much mention of magic here... it hasn't even occurred to Harry yet that he could and should be using this second round through Hogwarts to reach a higher level of magic use, rather than coasting on his slightly-above-average advanced knowledge.
Emily J. Redbird chapter 22 . 4/13/2014
I have no words. I did not expect this. It was a very convincing scene, and though it did not make me cry, it was very strong and touching, and I can tell you now, my heart is still pounding. Thank you.

Hope for a new chapter soon!
Emily
Guest chapter 21 . 4/12/2014
Just reread your story and it is still one of my favourites. I was just wondering if you were planning to update soon.
3,843 | « Prev Page 1 .. 83 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 103 .. Last Next »