Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
SlightlySociopathic chapter 22 . 10/23/2013
Hells Bells. That was intense. I can't say I didn't expect Acturus to die but at least it wasn't Sirius. Things are gonna change with the Black family...UPDATE SOON! PLEASE!
Angelic Hellfire chapter 22 . 10/23/2013
This is such a powerful chapter, but the repercussions will be enormous and quite multifaceted. We readers have a long wait for the next chapter, don't we?
d1x1lady chapter 22 . 10/21/2013
You are a wonderful writer and I am thoroughly enjoying your story. Keep up the great writing!
Vallavarayan chapter 22 . 10/20/2013
i liked arctus... could u not have had him alive... and knowing the truth.
BookWorm181 chapter 22 . 10/18/2013
PLEASE UPDATE THIS STORY SOON! You can't leave off with such a huge cliffhanger! I love this story... it's awesome how you've changed some of the characters to keep this new universe from being identical to the story. VERY creative! Though I wish that Harry and Ron would befriend each other again and Hagrid is kind of left out, this is one of the best Harry Potter fics I've read in a looong time. Please update!
K.I.Toruen chapter 22 . 10/17/2013
Hello, I don't remember if I have reviewed this story, but I really like it, i don't see Harry as Orion been a cliché since it is really well written. Dobby's actitude is also a refreshing change by the way. My heart hurt along with Harry on that final part. A really really good story. Please keep the good work and thanks for sharing.
Rose-I-am chapter 22 . 10/16/2013
Please write another one you can't just leave us at that. I'm practically crying. Please write more.
bluca bluca bluc chapter 22 . 10/15/2013
update the story dudey! its more than three months!
CreslinWest chapter 22 . 10/15/2013
This chapter was amazing. I mean yes it was sad and somewhat harrowing but that's what makes it so amazing. I am saddened by Arcturus' death he seemed to have a great deal of integrity as a character and an ability to adapt that was quite brilliant, also with a fantastic grasp of politics and your characterisation of Sirius still has a ways to go if he wants to fill his grandfather's shoes in the Wizengamot. Experience would help but will he have time to get it with Voldemort's resurrection already accomplished and a war about to start?
CreslinWest chapter 10 . 10/15/2013
I love a good Slytherin!Harry story, or in this case a Slytherin!Orion story, one of the things that annoyed me about the Harry Potter books was the obvious disdain JKR had for Slytherin, even Severus got the rather odd compliment from Dumbledore "sometimes I think we sort to early." And then that epilogue it's pretty clear that poor little ASP (honestly, what was she thinking) is going to end up in Gryffindor because his dad told him he could argue with the hat and clearly everyone still thinks that Slytherin is a breeding ground for cowards and dark wizards otherwise why would James Junior be teasing Albus about it to start with.

Sorry had to get that off my chest.

Anyway I look forward to seeing how Hermione fares as a muggleborn in the house of the pure.
Guest chapter 22 . 10/12/2013
oh my. Arcturus was one of my favorite characters! *cries for millions of years* Whyyyy?!

Other than that this story is definitely one of y favorites. please update soon! Id follow this story and add it to my favorites but I can't log on to my account so yeah sigh :-(
CharmingKarma chapter 22 . 10/12/2013
And cue my strangled cries. Akdjflahdkshdkelf. Gibberish and leaky eyes aside, this is an absolutely brilliant fic! You have the lovely character development and portrayals, you successfully went more in depth with the cannon issues that lie between the lines, you altered the cannon events enough to be both realistic and gripping! Seriously, I could gush for paragraphs. Instead I'll just tell you that you are a super duper awesome author. And thank you for writing of course!
Junky chapter 22 . 10/11/2013
I reread this story... and it's as magnificent as ever. I admit some concern about Dobby; he obviously has been proven to be capable to being a traitor to his family if he thinks they are doing something wrong. He also has a horrible sense of judgment. Will Harry win him over somehow? Also, I wanted to ask about this: has Harry improved in transfiguration or acquired James' affinity after becoming a "purer" blooded wizard?
bellachaos chapter 22 . 10/9/2013
You can't just leave us with a cliffhanger chapter and not update for months! I've really enjoyed this story so far. Orion Black is an intersting character and you're taking a really balanced and thoughtful approach all the changes in canon and character. As much as I love Hermione and loathe Draco, you've shown them both to be faceted and dimensional characters, which is something a lot of authors are unable to do. Please update soon, I'm desperate to read more.
anna123 chapter 22 . 10/8/2013
Well that was just an awful chapter to end it on. Not badly written, simply not a happy one. I hope there will be more to follow.
3,711 | « Prev Page 1 .. 83 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 103 .. Last Next »