Reviews for Of Dusk and Dawn and Holding On
Larkawolfgirl chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
To answer your question, I am typically not a fan of au stories in general. I really like your canon vanven that I have read so far. I think you capture Vanitas so well, and I feel like aus take away from the characters. I mean a person is made up from their experiences, and when you change their life entirely they become a different person. Anyway, I would love to read more stories like this.
Chofz chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Damn! That was good! I loved it!
Chibi chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
I really do love your style of writing-its poetic waxing, and conveys the feelings and messages I think you want to get across in a minimal way, as opposed to the really heavy style of writing that goes on endlessly. Sort of how like I write (XD). I also adore this pairing probably because of the extreme differences that make up each character, as highlighted in their cannon-verse. Although, what I think I really like about them is how there is an obvious difference in their strengths in both the physical and metaphysical sense (bodies and personalities). You write them beautifully.

The one thing I'm curious to know is where you developed your style of following sentences after verbal communication as been indicated, such as:

"'Combine with me.'

He whispers, eyes a golden..."

Its much different than anything I've ever seen, and so I wonder if this is an intentional format you've developed.

In any case, please continue to write your love for Van/Ven; you're stories are wonderful and you do have readers who read your work! Have you considered writing more of a multi-length novel?
pigfartss chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
To me, it matters the quality of the writing when dealing with either AU, or following down the original plot line. With you, I am pretty sure I could read anything of yours, and like it instantly. I guess I just like how you write, and the style you follow. Another double-thumbs up from me! d . b Keep up the awesome work!
Danny-Lynn chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Hm. Must say. I kinda feel bad for Van. Nice story.

(btw, it's not so childish. If people can take the time to actually sit, read, and fave, they should have the time to review. It's only polite.)

Keep up your good work! -heart-
Twilighthippie1 chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Again. I LOVED IT. It was amazing...and so descriptive...and I don't even know how to describe how descriptive it was! It was awesome. Amazing, good, great, wonderful, awesome, bombsome, super, again, no word... *finds thesaurus* I apparently don't have a good one *I have like, three, and I can't find the good one ., and there was not a good enough word.* Sigh. BUT WAIT!

Phenomonal. There we go Just, yes, that.

~Twilighthippie1
KatrinaEagle chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Truly awesome shit right here. Argh I may end up just favoriting all of your VanVen fics WTF. xD

And yes Vanitas is a creepy romantic. :D poor guy.

But seriously, very awesome writing style. I love it.
silver-eyed-fox chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I LOVED it. Oh, and a lot of AU VanVen is actually better than the true-to-the story canon ones. :) I just loved this SO much!
eefara chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Okay, let me say this first (and you're gonna hear this again when I go review one of your other stories): IMO, you capture Vanitas perfectly. I'll elaborate in that other review, 'cause I wanna get to your AU or no AU question. AU V/V is a bit odd at first read, but I like it. :O As long as, of course, Vanitas is his usual twisted self. So my vote is full steam ahead! :D
elvenangel3 chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
I will take Van/Ven any way you want to write them! Gah Vanitas is so badass and sexy and you kept them both in character so well. I liked it :).
SaiSuki 1329 chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
LOLZ~ I agree Vanitas is an extremely creepy romantic but thats one of the reasons way I love him! The story was great, it honestly touched my heart and got me tear eyed XD! It sounded exactly like what I expect Vanitas to see romance as. Two halves of one whole, it was great. But of course its not 'love', isn't that was Vanitas says! n_n
X-INACTIVE chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
I really liked it. It was a good story.

It was kind of sad though. I mean he lacked so much with Ventus. And Ventus lacks without Vanitas. They are what make each other human. They give that taste of the other and they complete each other.

Now I am sorry for my rant. Great job!

~Thomas~
Nightmare controller chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
*taking time to review* I like this storeh, when is the next chapter? Soon?
FoxLover440 chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
this is pretty fantastic! Get it? FAN-tastic, XD omg that was a bad joke! XD Weell anywho, i love this pairing, its so cute and hugable!
Saf Dawnheart chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
This was just... amazing. You characterized Vanitas and Ven perfectly in this fic. I love how well you illustrated the contrast between the two of them; that part about how Ven can't sin, but Vani can't smile gave me the chills. I have to say you're one of my favorite authors for this pairing - you do them so much justice. :3

About my opinion on AU VaniVen... You know, I don't really mind it so much, as long as it's done well.