Reviews for The Cloud before Lightning
cloudfarron chapter 19 . 3/12
Please update.
Callie6262 chapter 19 . 11/19/2013
Please write more! This is a great story!
firefly282 chapter 12 . 10/2/2013
is serah dead? because if she is I'm not sure if i want to read this anymore
DevilNinjaXIII chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
Interesting.
The Hero of The Found chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
This story is really really REALLY awesome I look forward to its awesome return please continue this
Life Without Pie chapter 19 . 3/31/2013
nonononono! You need to post more! This story is AMAZING! I completely love it! You have GOT to continue. Don't leave me hanging like this, please.
tartanarmygirl chapter 19 . 1/26/2013
UPDATE! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!
thepowerofmako chapter 2 . 11/5/2012
guess he has the power of darkness and light in him which is awesome
thepowerofmako chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
what happened to him? he looks and sounds so evil. Wonder what happened to cause so much darkness in him.
aki arashi chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
I rewrote this review about five times so I can clearly say what I'm trying to say without going around in confusing circles, lmao.

While the concept is nice, I think you should work on the characters more along with the plot - perhaps you're still continuing on, but I'm curious on how Cloud is acquainted with Fang and Vanille when they were from five centuries ago. I also felt like you made Cloud way too 'Godly' - getting promoted so easily at such a tender age, and then the scene where Dajh bumps into that man who soon harassed Serah; Lightning, Snow, and Sazh didn't get any justice in this scene, it was like they were normal civilians being pushed around. Weren't they the ones who saved Cocoon along with the rest of the crew? I mean, man, they went against a shitload of bosses and they got their ass whipped by a normal guy, his size being irrelevant because I'm sure those beasts were ten times bigger. Then Cloud pops in and destroys him so easily? I was disappointed in that scene.

Yes, this is AU with FF XIII's story line mixed in with FF VII's features (like the Edge and Midgar) and characters, and that Cloud would definitely be somewhat OOC to adjust to the fic, but I felt like Cloud wasn't really Cloud, he just had Cloud's name and appearance unless this is generally like FF VII where he takes on Zack's personality...? ('m kind of sad that the buster sword and tsurugi weren't featured as Cloud's weapon, I really don't think using a gunblade suits him either, or Zack :B..)

Lightning was pretty OOC too, especially since I'm guessing she didn't get a story line change (before she met Cloud, of course). You had her keep some of her strong aspects; her overprotective streak and her love for Serah, but some things were definitely off. Cloud and Lightning's relationship development kind of went quicker than I think it should have. Lightning here felt weak compared to the game. Her skills in combat also lacked a lot, I realized Cloud keeps saving her ass out there; Lightning is a soldier, she was trained to withstand anything that got in her way, face things head-on, and she isn't the kind of woman who'd show her weaknesses to anyone. Her personality here was pretty off too since Lightning doesn't stutter, she holds a lot of pride after all. c:

Anyways, those were the things I wanted to point out, but there were some things I enjoyed.
- when Lightning punched Cloud in anger because that felt like something she would do.
- Tifa's appearance; she wasn't bashed ./. ! I love Tifa!
- the whole midgar/edge concept and how lmao midger pretty much went against them, and that Cloud was the one who suggested going to midgar; he made a mistake and that was totally human of him.
- Lightning wearing Aya's outfit ./.

This may be incoherent with shitty grammar mistakes because it's currently three o' twelve in the morning and I'm very tired, LOL. Not that much grammar mistakes, I think in chapter two you should use letter numbers instead of just the digits themselves when describing how many shots or even head count of what's fallen, etc. Either way, I like how you planned it out (although it's quite confusing at some parts, but those will be revealed later on, perhaps?).

...Yeah.
Vanessa chapter 19 . 8/6/2012
This is an amazing story and really hope I can continue it! Of course we understand that there are certain blocks in the writer's life but please! We need more The Cloud before Lightning! I'm becoming depressed you know? Well, please! I make a fan really happy?
GunBunny chapter 19 . 7/23/2012
Sooooooo... noticed you didn't update in a while for this story. I mean, no rush or anything... Well, yeah, I do want you to update, but if you're having writer's block... Also noticed you started a new story, too. Cool. Still, is this going to be an incomplete story. I hate incomplete stories, especially those which are really good stories. Hope you find the time and motivation to update soon.
i chapter 19 . 7/11/2012
Dear writer, I still believe in miracles, so please update :)
The Forsaken Martyr chapter 19 . 7/10/2012
ilove this story and it will be a damn shame to see it uncompleted
KH-Hardcorefan4483 chapter 19 . 7/8/2012
When will ya continue it? It's already 4 months since the last update.