Reviews for Firefly in Summer
jillybean19 chapter 3 . 4/20/2011
Neither of them have the best impression of the other ... can't wait for their next encounter
crookedsmile101 chapter 6 . 4/20/2011
I love love love the friendship they have.. how playful they are with each other. How Edward cares about her and protective of her... love it!
crookedsmile101 chapter 5 . 4/20/2011
The man knows what he is doing. There is nothing to add!
jillybean19 chapter 2 . 4/20/2011
Aww poor Bella was just trying to be nice and Edward had to go all bat shit on her ... looking forward to more!
crookedsmile101 chapter 4 . 4/20/2011
Her eyes widened as he lifted her knuckles and dragged them across the coarse shadow on his chin, his other hand slipping down to her elbow. Turning her arm up he brushed an open mouthed kiss on the inside of her wrist and held still, waiting.

jillybean19 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Found this today on a rec from Magnolia822 in Strange Brew. I am so excited to read (even though I get a little nervous with angst)... on to the next one!
crookedsmile101 chapter 3 . 4/20/2011
Bella is fierce! I love it.
crookedsmile101 chapter 2 . 4/20/2011
Ahhh.. Bella is so sweet!
crookedsmile101 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Obsmama sent me here with her love! :)

Let me start with, Carlisle is... such a prick! LOL
denverpopcorn chapter 15 . 4/20/2011
A time travel fic!

Hell, yeah, I'll take it. See, you make me want to believe and root so hard for them that it doesn't take much suspense of disbelief here, sister.

Ugh...the sad sketches of his call with his dad, in the room with her ghost talking about an errant hair (that made me gulp!) and Mrs. Cope trying to help him, finding the drawing.

Talk about pulling my heart string till they almost snap.

I loved the ending to the chapter. Thank goodness! What a place for me to catch up.

Is it Friday, yet?

denverpopcorn chapter 14 . 4/20/2011
Had I read this when you first posted it, I probably would have broken my own rule and asked you for reassurance.

Thank goodness, you've earned my trust a hundred times over.

So much pretty and so much darkness...but still, even if this were the end. She had a moment of freedom, didn't she? I mean, not everyone gets that.

You could have probably gotten away with ending it here and it not seem contrived.

Glad you didn't even follow that path. Holy cow.

denverpopcorn chapter 13 . 4/20/2011
Less is more. You have this nailed.

I had noticed that you were dropping little hints here and there...Emmett's arrest, the guy at the boat house, the Stanford professor. Frankly, I didn't think much about it, just kept it all in the back of my head. But now that I'm going back, i want to give you big kudos for planning all of this and planting the seeds in our subconscious.

It's brilliant, because towards the end there, I how does all that time travel talk fit in? I trust, we'll see.

Also, the lemon at the bottom. I love when they're short and sweet because, lady, I re-read a few times more after I was done.

Less is sooo much more.

Thanks for writing!
denverpopcorn chapter 12 . 4/20/2011
Man, did I need this chapter.

You're killing me with chocolate and sweet Edwards and things like "I want you to kiss me Edward"

I thought...from here on'll be ALLLL ROSES!

denverpopcorn chapter 11 . 4/20/2011
What a tough chapter. You convey enough of what we need to know with perfectly painted scene. I could have been on that houseboat on that lake on that night. I could almost smell the moss.

And, is it wrong to be happy that she doesn't really remember the actual violence? That her head trapped it in so that we didn't have to hear it?

Having said that, I'm glad you gave a little of that to Edward, even if fleetingly. It made him seem real b/c no one is perfect and she does have a lot of baggage. He should for a second be scared and stumble along with her. Glad, he's by her side, though, and is stronger than that.

Oh, Rose. The vain sister, mama's girl, beautiful and knows it. I'm not even mad at her. Just sad.
denverpopcorn chapter 10 . 4/20/2011
Oh! I just remembered...your 3rd person voice is fantastic. It translates our characters on to the page very well. I never feel like it's stilted or awkward.

I believe that it's gotten tighter, more confident, as your story progressed. By chapter 4-5, I think, I stepped back and realized that I was still reading in 3rd POV, yet I got enough into each character's head that it didn't feel like it.

You command that very well.

I loved his homecoming and that they pick up where they left off.
9,853 | « Prev Page 1 .. 595 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 615 .. Last Next »