Reviews for Firefly in Summer
jillybean19 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Found this today on a rec from Magnolia822 in Strange Brew. I am so excited to read (even though I get a little nervous with angst)... on to the next one!
crookedsmile101 chapter 3 . 4/20/2011
Bella is fierce! I love it.
crookedsmile101 chapter 2 . 4/20/2011
Ahhh.. Bella is so sweet!
crookedsmile101 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Obsmama sent me here with her love! :)

Let me start with, Carlisle is... such a prick! LOL
denverpopcorn chapter 15 . 4/20/2011
A time travel fic!

Hell, yeah, I'll take it. See, you make me want to believe and root so hard for them that it doesn't take much suspense of disbelief here, sister.

Ugh...the sad sketches of his call with his dad, in the room with her ghost talking about an errant hair (that made me gulp!) and Mrs. Cope trying to help him, finding the drawing.

Talk about pulling my heart string till they almost snap.

I loved the ending to the chapter. Thank goodness! What a place for me to catch up.

Is it Friday, yet?

;)

Thanks!
denverpopcorn chapter 14 . 4/20/2011
Had I read this when you first posted it, I probably would have broken my own rule and asked you for reassurance.

Thank goodness, you've earned my trust a hundred times over.

So much pretty and so much darkness...but still, even if this were the end. She had a moment of freedom, didn't she? I mean, not everyone gets that.

You could have probably gotten away with ending it here and it not seem contrived.

Glad you didn't even follow that path. Holy cow.

denverpopcorn chapter 13 . 4/20/2011
Less is more. You have this nailed.

I had noticed that you were dropping little hints here and there...Emmett's arrest, the guy at the boat house, the Stanford professor. Frankly, I didn't think much about it, just kept it all in the back of my head. But now that I'm going back, i want to give you big kudos for planning all of this and planting the seeds in our subconscious.

It's brilliant, because towards the end there, I wondered...now how does all that time travel talk fit in? I trust, we'll see.

Also, the lemon at the bottom. I love when they're short and sweet because, lady, I re-read a few times more after I was done.

Less is sooo much more.

Thanks for writing!
denverpopcorn chapter 12 . 4/20/2011
Man, did I need this chapter.

You're killing me with chocolate and sweet Edwards and things like "I want you to kiss me Edward"

Gah!

I thought...from here on out...it'll be ALLLL ROSES!

;)

*ahem*
denverpopcorn chapter 11 . 4/20/2011
What a tough chapter. You convey enough of what we need to know with perfectly painted scene. I could have been on that houseboat on that lake on that night. I could almost smell the moss.

And, is it wrong to be happy that she doesn't really remember the actual violence? That her head trapped it in so that we didn't have to hear it?

Having said that, I'm glad you gave a little of that to Edward, even if fleetingly. It made him seem real b/c no one is perfect and she does have a lot of baggage. He should for a second be scared and stumble along with her. Glad, he's by her side, though, and is stronger than that.

Oh, Rose. The vain sister, mama's girl, beautiful and knows it. I'm not even mad at her. Just sad.
denverpopcorn chapter 10 . 4/20/2011
Oh! I just remembered...your 3rd person voice is fantastic. It translates our characters on to the page very well. I never feel like it's stilted or awkward.

I believe that it's gotten tighter, more confident, as your story progressed. By chapter 4-5, I think, I stepped back and realized that I was still reading in 3rd POV, yet I got enough into each character's head that it didn't feel like it.

You command that very well.

I loved his homecoming and that they pick up where they left off.
denverpopcorn chapter 9 . 4/20/2011
Sigh.

One of my favorite chapters..."I miss you I miss you I miss you"

His heart's on his sleeve and he's no longer hiding. Such a bittersweet chapter, too.

He kept opening up and offering to take her places, be with her, and there was no word from her! I can't say I wasn't nervous, biting my nails here.

Way to set the tone (and possibly some foreshadowing).
denverpopcorn chapter 8 . 4/20/2011
Ugh. Painful. But good. Good to see their reactions are normal and real. Glad that you bring enough levity in the scene to keep us interested because every little action is refreshing and you can't anticipate how these two are going to be. You're not giving us boring stuff here. I mean, suddenly, I really am reading everything she has to say. It's not just another plot device to give us her background.

(I'm probably not making sense. Forgive me!)
denverpopcorn chapter 7 . 4/20/2011
Hahahaha, the DMV lady!

So glad Edward's personality and charm carries them in and out of the tough subject. He lightens the mood and pressures her just right. What a charmer. :)
denverpopcorn chapter 6 . 4/20/2011
Man! I love little moments that define a character. First of all, I'm loving Uncle Peter. I loved the small touches...his wink, for instance.

And thanks for, essentially, painting scenes, little gems for us to capture them - the protectiveness of the bar, Edward's reliability at the end of the month, the casual flirting on the beach while Edward slyly tries to breach her soul.

Sweet.
denverpopcorn chapter 5 . 4/20/2011
Ah...moving in months does wonders for your story. So glad that Bella is not too insecure. Otherwise, she'd fall in the same fic trap of becoming passive aggressive. Not your girl, she's got real strength in her.

It's refreshing to read characters that are opening up little by little. We WANT to root for these two. Oh, they're lovely.
9,878 | « Prev Page 1 .. 597 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 617 .. Last Next »