Reviews for Chaos
Nickel Xenon chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Nat's death hit me really, really hard in the third book. I'm still not over it. He was my favorite character. It's always nice reading some good Bart x Nat. They're such an angsty couple. But still so cute together.
Tristitia chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Beautiful in it's own unique way.
LightDarkandChaos chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
All I can say is... brilliant.
lionfish chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
That was really incredible. I just finished the series again and am currently depressed over Nathaniel's death and the lack of (written) interaction between Nathaniel and Bartimaeus. I loved your story, the end especially. Your style reminds me of a friend's. Thank you for easing my sensitive feelings towards character death.
Mafia Boss chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
I like Friday and Sunday the best...Tuesday was depressing :'(
inpeace chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
this is damn good. Poetic, smooth, still sexy. that's not to common.

I like how you began and ended with the same thing but in the beginning it's really confusing. I really don't know because this is really good stuff but I wonder how it would be if that paragraph was simpler.

wright now I really want to make a comic out of this but I have terrible follow through so I'm not going to ask you if that's all right.
PsychedelicFungicide chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Wow. Just going to write a quick review about how I loved this fic!

I loved the language, the way in which you portrayed the chaos, the difference of the other place with only a few choice phrases. Without waxing lyrical on the subject, you created clear pictures and sensations in my mind of the other place and the emotions of Bartimaeus. I also thought your mastery of the dialogue throughout the piece (especially the uhh... smut scene) was very impressive. It flowed very naturally while still giving a firm impression of what was going on.

I also really liked the structure of the fic. The small glimpses into different experiences of Bartimaeus created a full picture of him during and after Nathaniel died. The titles of the different days of the week create a sense of progression despite the different time frames of some of the sections and helped the brilliant twist at the end. The twist (of which I had no idea existed until I read the last line) also gave a sense of completion to the fic by returning to and revealing it's beginning.

And your characterization was really cool. Despite the fact you haven't read the series in a really long time (which I do suggest you re-read them if you're ever in the mood for a fun novel; they may be for kids but Jonathon Stroud makes an excellent story), the characters are still entirely believable even as you show a very non-canon side to them. Nathaniel's prissy indigence and Bartimaeus's capacity for deep reflection put beside his challenging taunting of Nathaniel were exactly on the money.

So, uhh, if you ever feel like writing some more for the fandom, know that it will be well appreciated. Bartimaeus always could do with some more excellent fanfiction. :)
peckforever chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
Great fanfiction. I really love the way you wrote it, and how you respected Bartimaeus' personality. Thank you very much for the great moment I spent reading your work.

Another one, please ? :)
Phantasmik chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
Considering that your Bartimaeus fics are what pulled me into the series to begun with, I was absolutely delighted to wake up to this. And I think this might be my favorite of your Bartimaeus/Nathaniel fics, even if Distractions was cuter and the excerpt was hotter, but this- this hurts. It's beautiful.
TheApathyImp chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
I think I just feel in love with Bartimaeus all over again... "Did you know him?". Oh dear, that made me cry a little... I cried when Nat died at the end of Ptolemy's Gate, IT WAS SO SADDDDDD! I love you for this.
Yuruki14 chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
Awww 3 it's so depressing! Don't get me wrong, at the end of the series it was sad and shocking to have Nathaniel die like that (even tho I can't picture him dieing any other way) butto have bartimaeus's thoughts on how he felt, with yaoi in it of course, was just... it got to me lol I love it! I'd say "I really wish for u to continue" but there's really nothing else to say in regards to this story. the ending is wonderful soooo just excellent job lol 3333333
26 | « Prev Page 1 2