Reviews for Denial
Synchronicity911 chapter 1 . 11/3/2019
Only thing you should consider is investing more for your 'villain'. I'm not sure about Yodogiri but something of Shiki just rubbed me in the wrong way. It's a waste when you write other characters so well.
Synchronicity911 chapter 12 . 11/3/2019
This ending ... was truly complete in my opinion. Stop in the right place for the emotional aftertaste to settle. Thank you for sharing this masterpiece!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/30/2018
Yadogiri should have known that it was the informant.

Just as he was losing consciousness, Yadogiri felt not relief for an escape from his pain, but inexplicable, burning fury.

Orihara Izaya.

Yadogiri Jinnai was not one to let his enemies walk free. Orihara Izaya was no exception.

When the phone rang, Izaya didn't expect anything important. It was a lazier day today and all that he really brought himself to accomplish was brewing a pot of tea without even asking Namie to do it for him. Much less progress than usual and it was already seven in the morning.

So when he heard his cell phone chime its familiar music, he dived for it, craving for some sort of excitement. He checked the number and frowned when he didn't recognize it. Was it a new client? Or perhaps a tedious advertisement begging him to take a survey. He gave a small shrug to himself before flipping the cell phone open.

"Orihara Izaya speaking," he said lazily, sitting on top of his desk.

"Iza-kun?"

Izaya raised his eyebrows so high they nearly disappeared behind his bangs.

"Iza-kun, are you there?"

"…yes, I am," Izaya said carefully. No wonder he didn't recognize the number on the caller identification. He never bothered to save it in his list of contacts.

"Iza-kun! We haven't talked in such a long time! How are you?" the woman's bubbly voice rang in his ear. Izaya shifted awkwardly in his seat.

"I'm always fine. I take care of myself just fine," he assured her. In the background, Namie snorted with disbelief as she cleaned his kitchen.

"Are you eating well? I know how little you eat and that's not good at all, Iza-kun. You should gain some more weight—"

"Okasan, you didn't call me for the first time in months just to check on my eating habits, did you?" Izaya said, irritated.

"No, but Mother needs to check, you know!" Izaya's mother insisted.

"No, you don't," Izaya deadpanned. "I've been living by myself for quite an amount of time. If I'm not dead yet, I don't think the risk is too great."

"All right, I trust you, Iza-kun," his mother sighed. Izaya knew that deep inside, she didn't. "I have a favor to ask of you, and unfortunately my time is a little short."

"Hm," Izaya replied noncommittally.

"Your father and I have just been asked to go to a business meeting in Hong Kong. It's extremely urgent and we might be there for a long period of time."

"How long?" Izaya asked.

"Oh, we don't know yet. See, our business has a problem with its international affairs, says the letter. It could take us weeks."

Izaya didn't speak, waiting for his mother to tell him why she bothered to call him about this. He always knew that his parents were all over the world for business trips. It had been like that since his childhood.

"And we can't leave Mairu and Kururi to stay by themselves for such a long time—"

Ah, there it was.

"You've certainly didn't mind doing it before," Izaya said bluntly. He remembered times where he survived by himself for weeks when he was the twins' age.

"They're little girls, Iza-kun! What if something bad happens to them?"

Izaya giggled behind his hand. "Mairu takes martial arts classes. She's practically a black belt—perhaps ebony if she was allowed to use thumbtacks. Who would possibly mess with her?"

"Iza-kun, these are your sisters," his mother said sternly. "Please let them stay with you."

Izaya gritted his teeth. His mother had very little idea of what he did for a living. Having his sisters live with him would cause him many more problems.

"I'm going to prefer to decline," Izaya said.

"Izaya," she said. "Don't be so childish."

Izaya laughed, sitting cross-legged on the top of his desk. "It has nothing to do with immaturity, Okasan."

"Then what is it?" his mother demanded.

Izaya stopped laughing immediately. He bit his lip, trying to find the right answer for his mother.

"I wouldn't be the greatest of guardians," he said guardedly.

"Don't be silly. You've babysat them before," his mother pointed out.

That was before I was an informant, Izaya thought to himself.

"Take them with you, why don't you?" Izaya said. "I can't take care of Mairu and Kururi."

"We can't. You know we can't, otherwise we would have taken you all those times before," his mother pleaded. Izaya suppressed a scoff.

"You should have asked Shizu-chan to take care of them," Izaya said dryly. "They'd enjoy that more than living with onii-chan."

"Who?"

"Never mind," Izaya muttered. He bit down on his tongue, measuring how the cons outweighed the pros by far. His computer gave a little chime and he checked his email. During the time he was talking on the cell phone, he had received five new emails from clients, demanding an appointment. Many of them were from the Awakasu-kai. He narrowed his eyes before closing his laptop before even opening the mail.

"They wouldn't listen to me," Izaya reasoned.

"They know to do what's good for them," his mother counterattacked.

"They hate me," Izaya tried to say.

"They don't actually hate you. Sibling rivalry is common."

"We can't handle each other."

"It's only two or so weeks, Iza-kun."

They aren't safe with me.

The words nearly escaped Izaya's lips, but he caught himself before they came out. He took a sidelong glance at Namie, who was arranging his papers on the coffee table. What if it was too risky? He was usually one for risk, but only when he knew the outcome.

"…Drop them off at the park," Izaya finally said resolutely. "I'll pick them up there."

Before his mother could inquire, he shut off the phone.

"Oi, Namie," he said, tossing his phone onto his swivel chair. Namie raised her eyes up at Izaya. He slid off the desk, wiping away any telltale sign of discomfort or unease with a careless grin. "Go to the playground down near Raira, won't you? I need you to pick up some things for me.
GreenDragon03 chapter 12 . 7/15/2017
Absolutely amazing
Guest chapter 12 . 4/13/2017
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww!
This is absolutely adorable!
I love this!
You wrote this so well and when yodogiri captured the ordinary siblings and everything, your writing made feel so much!
Oh, it was amazing!
Just so you know, this is the second time I've read this and I still think it's AWESOME AND WONDERFUL!
RandomReader chapter 4 . 3/31/2017
Guess who's back, Ha I could understand why past me would get Frustrated
Guest chapter 12 . 2/6/2017
This is an AMAZING story! I know it's been 5 years and that you're very unlikely to continue do to that but please do! Or, at least finish it off with the twins and Izayas reunion please! Thank you so much for writing this masterpiece!
Guest chapter 12 . 1/13/2017
Yaaaaaayyyyyyy! Izaya is back! And Shizuo is so cute! And so is Izaya! This story was amazing! Thank you!
Guest chapter 12 . 11/27/2016
This is basically If I Stay and Durarara mixed together! So cool!
RandomReader chapter 12 . 11/11/2016
I got grey hairs sprouting out of my head. haha
Probably won't be able to sleep for the next three hours (I don't mind tho) Cause my heart rates up. Enjoyed tho I enjoyed it. You wrote this in 2011 shame I'm just reading it now. Really nice story lots of tension. u
RandomReader chapter 4 . 11/11/2016
I'M SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. DAMMIT LET ME CONTINUE READING AAAAHHHHHHH
RandomReader chapter 1 . 11/11/2016
That's a really nice introduction actually.
We the people chapter 12 . 9/28/2016
You wrote this story the day after my !
Random weirdo chapter 4 . 9/28/2016
That was a great ending to the chapter, love your story btw.
StuckInTheWall88 chapter 12 . 7/1/2016
... I had the biggest grin on my face it looked like someone stretched my the corners of my lips to the back of my neck...

Godamn it Izaya you do you do this...?