Reviews for Emerging From the Shadows An Autokill fanfiction
Louise Hargadon chapter 8 . 1/26/2011
Good grief, waht an interrogation from her new-found family! Give the girl a minute to catch her breath! Aww, even though they were only in the chapter very briefly, you characterised the other orphans really well. The way they all feel they have to tell her everything, the way they feel lost without her and worry when they see her hurt.

I *adored* Susan's extremely sarcastic telepathic rant to Craig about having NEMESIS emblazoned all over the headquarters. It's often confused me as well! I really love the relationship she has with Craig, it's as though he gives her room to be a kid, and to laugh and joke around like a kid's supposed to. She obviously views Richard as more of a father figure and naturally feels she has to be more grown-up around him, but she seems more relaxed and 'normal' around Craig.

Lovely little hint of fluff at the end, there, too. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Really loved your first story. Hope it won't be the last one - I want to know what happens next with Susan!xx
Louise Hargadon chapter 7 . 1/26/2011
It's really lovely to find out more and more about Susan as each chapter progresses!

It must've been really scary for her to have to go through telling everybody the truth about what had happened to Richard during his torture, no wonder she came over all peculiar. It can't be a nice thing to read such horrible lies about people you're close to either.

Are you sure it was only water Tremayne handed out? The man has the most extensive drinks cabinet in the Northern Hemisphere! His first words to everyone are "Would you like a drink?"! I bet he slipped her a sneaky gin. Just for the shock, y'know. It's medicinal, after all!

I really like the gentle teasing from Richard and Craig, it's very sort of big-brotherly.

Living in an alleyway, caring for other orphans and taking charge? I don't think we'd expect anything less from Susan Redman!

My favourite thing about her is definitely her inability to say goodbye properly!
Louise Hargadon chapter 6 . 1/26/2011
Before I go any further I would just like to heartily congratulate you on your FABULOUS method of getting William Gaunt's name into the story! That was GENIUS!

Nice way of explaining why Susan's so forward and eloquent for her age. She's a really complex character isn't she! All serious and grown-up one minute, teasing Craig and doing her best Craig-face (I totally know the expression you mean - I was killing myself laughing!)!

I also like the fact that Susan actually has a 'job' of her own in the Champions' team, she's not just the irritating tag-along nobody has the heart to send home. It's obvious that the other three really value her contribution as well.

I love it when Tremayne's a big softie! Bless him!

Ooooh, angst alert - we're going to find out what REALLY happened to Richard!
Louise Hargadon chapter 5 . 1/26/2011
I love the way Susan is so excited about Richard being all right and not having to hide from the rest of Nemesis and tries to balance it with trying to sound grown-up when she speaks to Tremayne. Sometimes the way she says things can seem a little disrespectful, but you can tell that it's just her general exuberant personality, which is why Tremayne lets it go.

Really liked the back story of Richard knowing her father which is why she's closer to him (although she's probably got a teensy bit of a crush on him, let's face it, she's only human, even if she is only, 12 - when I was 12 I was going to marry Davy Jones from The Monkees. I soon grew out of that though. I'm a Mike Nesmith girl all the way now! Erm. I digress.). It's all starting to link together.

Tremayne's confusion and general giving up arguing was spot on. It never ceases to amuse me at how many unanswered questions there are about all of The Champions' escapades and how utterly disinterested Tremayne really is. Take Get Me Out Of Here! for example. Tremayne wanted to know how they could see so perfectly in the pitch dark while they were rescuing the doctor - and he seems perfectly satisfied with Richard's answer - "Carrots!" Seriously, that man has NO curiosity. How on earth did he become head of NEMESIS?

Another really good chapter. Onto the next!
Louise Hargadon chapter 4 . 1/24/2011
Tremayne knows Susan's father? Woah! This is getting more intriguing by the minute!

Love the fact Susan's so worried about Richard. She may only be 12, but she's a mortal female after all. And I love the fact more people were bothered at seeing a random 12-year-old girl in Nemesis than they were at seeing Richard beaten to a pulp! "Ah, Richard in the infirmary again, eh? What is it this time, a paper cut?"

This is really shaping up to be a really gripping story - roll on Chapter 5!
Louise Hargadon chapter 3 . 1/24/2011
This is definitely my favourite chapter so far. You really come into your own with this. There's some brilliant detail, and it feels as though this is where the story really starts to get going.

I got goosebumps reading Susan's feelings towards Craig's decisions regarding the case, it was very well written. Blaming Craig for making the decision, not being best pleased with Sharron for just going along with his idea without protest, feelings of regret that she didn't speak out against him. And Richard, poor Richard really didn't want to go on that assignment, you could see on his little face he wasn't happy about it, not one bit.

Really looking forward to reading Chapter 4!xx
Louise Hargadon chapter 2 . 1/24/2011
I love the fact that it took three of them to stop Richard. *fans face* Whew! Oooo Richard! *sigh*

Ahem. Where was I? Ah yes.

Susan does seem a bit handy when it comes to having a scrap. Nice way of quashing the "helpless little kid" character and making her more of an equal to the others.

Your description of Richard and Craig's fight was brilliant, it felt just like I was watching it again, you got all the detail and emotion in perfectly.

Off to read chapter 3 now...!
Louise Hargadon chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
Great start! Lovely to read more Champions fic, and this is a perfect starting point. We're all familiar with this particular bit of the story, and I love the way you kept some of the original dialogue from the scene intact so we can get a better picture of it in our heads (especially Craig saying "Mark it? I'll rearrange it for you!" - ALWAYS cracks me up, even now!). You explain the backstory very naturally so that it's easy to keep up with the new twists you're bringing into the plotline.

Can't wait to find out more about Susan, she sounds like she'll be a really fascinating character.

Fabulous start - can't wait for your next update!xx