Reviews for Like the Deserts Miss the Rain
J.T.'s A.X chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
Woow... my mind is now twisted like a pretzel... that was cool how you did that! dreamception, huh? lol XD
chaitea16 chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
The descriptions really make this scene for me. The way you articulate Will's progress to the bathroom sets the scene without being too obvious where exactly it would go. But one we get there? Wow. You don't let up and keep right on detailing the moment, building up without drying it out. Your word choice is also impeccable. Setting a tone and following through beautifully.

Reading in to her direct actions, Sarah really is just taking a normal shower, not meaning to get overly sensual like in those old herbal essences commercials. She doesn't need to, not with a narrator like will on the scene. Even taking the simple and tedious task of shaving and turning into a glorious moment to behold. The fact that it feels so right and not over the top is all the more impressive.

And as if the simple act of showering couldn't possibly get any more sensual, it turns in to so much more. The voyeur aspect of this is carried through in tandem with the beautiful act of a women masturbating. Describing even her flaws as a gorgeous sight to behold, I can't blame Lennox for not wanting to shatter the moment by jumping in with her. The complex nature of their relationship described before and how distance has strained it so. So while tremendously sexual, the scene also hold a tension that threatens the show. It adds to the allure of reading to see how far this can go and where it might end.

So basically, you wrote a voyeuristic sex scene that feels like I'm a voyeur invested in what I'm not supposed to be watching. Damn that's impressive; I don't usually get this empathetic with characters.

Anyway, verbalized memories from Sarah coupled with Will's own thoughts made for quite the climatic joining. And then it was all a blown fantasy. And I can't even be mad thanks to how fantastically you introduced, developed and then executed such a perfect moment. If I didn't know you better, I'd assume you were a soldier, inspired by a new muse developed after fighting overseas and experiencing lonely and desolate nights like this.
1Timberwolf chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Great story, but come'on you can't leave us hanging like this.