Reviews for Talk Between Friends
amehaKay chapter 1 . 2/6
some of the people's reaction, like "how could she do that?" seemed to imply that they suspected or knew he's gay...they certainly didn't care. but some of the guys seemed to be shocked/pissed off about it. they might not be homophobic but they were clearly didn't like finding out.

i doubt jake cared...but a southern town full people that "don't care" about someone being gay?

that's impossible, ALOT of people that live in a small southern town tend to be homophobic and/or racist...i've lived in small towns for several years. i knew a gay guy there, he told me people would swerve at him if they saw him walking down the road.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
Awe loved that so sweet!
Ashely Marie chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
I loved this. Its something that should belong in the deleted scenes file. I remember seeing the pic at the end of the movie but I didn't realize that was him.
Is he really gay in the movie? Or did you add that part yourself? I've seen the movie a hhundred times but I still could have missed that part lol. I thought the bar scene was just Melanie being drunk and saying something mean to him
bookish327 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Nice fic. You wrote this missing moment in a very realistic manner that was consistent with the characters from the movie. Good job!
Malady Pond du LesHeuresRoses chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I like that side note since I've seen Sweet Home Alabama so many times on cable, where the credits sort of lose to previews and commercials, that I didn't know that.

This was great, a very nice moment between two old friends. There were just two tiny little typos I noticed (and I tend to nitpick on grammar, I admit): she was going to live "with her finance" (money)? And, "what about you're mom" should say "...your mom".

Like I said, I'm nitpicky on that stuff. But I really do love this story. It's the kind of scene that would fit in perfectly in the movie.
dreamer 3097 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
a good one
muzical chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
This is so cute! I love it and I never noticed the pictures in the credits! Will have to go back and look :)

Great job!
fantasybookworm08 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Heeee, adorable. 3 I just rewatched this movie tonight for the first time in forever, and every time I watch it, I want to just hug Bobby Ray forever.
Erica chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Cute! Hope you write another fic about this movie in the future. It's so sweet, Jake's a real sweetheart. Love it. You wrote it well.
CourtneyScott chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
I love this. Ive read it like 110100102934825 times P. I love how Jake didn't care, and Bobby Ray is soo cute haha ). Great fic D!