Reviews for Finally Healing
Syein chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
I believed the reason why Himeko is not quite as shock when Chikane did the unforgivable to her is because the thought of Chikane disappeared is more severe than being violated. At that time, she herself been in love with Chikane since the beginning and not Souma (flashback Himeko cried when she kissed Souma)
Though, doesn't matter if Himeko in love with Chikane long before that or not. I'm glad Himeko made an effort of struggles, trying to run away from Chikane. Indicating that she doesn't want it this way.
The manga though, provided another additional reason why Chikane did what she did. Without the virgin blood, Himeko can't summon Ame no Murakumo? (I think)- thus, enabled her useless as a priestess, and the orochi won't be after Himeko anymore.
I'm really glad I got to read this fic. You did such an amazing job of describing their emotions. I watched the anime years ago and Himeko x Chikane are still my favorite couple.
kusaki1910 chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Wow... That was... Great ! Really emotional and well written, that smut scene was so hot and steamy *nosebleed*
kittykatkiki chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
that was really cute and sweet! the love making was passionate and intense. really enjoyed this! the omakes were hilarious btw
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
I liked this but you kept on switching tenses so that was pretty frustrating. Anyways, i absolutely love Chikane and Himeko, they are an amazing couple.

Regarding the rape, yeah i didn't like that at all, though it was more painfully graphic in the manga. I think the reason Himeko was able to forgive Chikane so easily was because of the deep bond that they shared. Himeko has obviously been in love with Chikane from the start, she just didn't realize it. And Himeko knew what a great person Chikane was so she found it hard to believe at first then she found out about the oroshi's influence. So yeah, i'm not condoning what Chikane did because it was horrible but she did it to save Himeko and suffered greatly for it. Chikane is such a tragic character, being in constant pain over her past memories of killing Himeko and having what she thought was unrequited love, having to watch Himeko with someone else then not being able to protect Himeko. And everything with the oroshi too, she suffered a great deal. She is my favourite character, she was just so sweet and perfect and put Himeko above herself.

Thanks for sharing. :)
suziegon chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
I seriously loved the anime. And I was thinking all the same things as you were watching it. It's not perfect, but it works, and it captures your heart and imagination so strongly you can't get them out of your head. I really liked the theme song too. Great fic :D Brought back the feelings from the anime!
JK2809 chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
I was reading through your notes and I decided to recommend you read the manga (I have the english version if you'd like) It makes a lot more sense than the anime and it'll actually explain the rape scene better than the anime did. I actually read the manga before watching the anime so while it was a nice show it didn't really do the characters justice. Nice story though. It's sweet.
Lance58 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
woahh very awesome story.. i like how you portrayed himeko's undying love for chikane.. true if its in real life it wouldn't ended up so sweet... though if the person is like himeko soo innocent and pure it would end like that funny omake hope you continue writing about them
KitsuneToRyuu chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
I pissed myself laughing on the last part xD. Good work, never enough HimekoxChikane fics out there.

Kitsune.
YukiGuni chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
I *really* enjoyed this fic, I remember reading it once a long, long time ago (when I too was just a silly school girl) I just don't remember *where*. But anyways, you really did a marvelous job at conveying the painful and dark angst that makes up Chikane's being; the residual but oh so present guilt of having raped her beloved in a past life. It's not overdone but it is not downplayed, it was done very well. So I just wanted to say 'kudos!' :)

I do agree with you 110% about the whole rape scene. After I watched it I found myself so confused; so utterly and completely frustrated. I was so angry, so confused at *why* Himeko was still pining for Chikane! She *raped* her, she *betrayed* her in every sense of the word! She took her first sexual experience, one that should have been a cherished memory, a transition from childhood into the wonderful flourishing stage of womanhood, and tore it to shreds! She stole her from her childhood and thrust her into the dark world of sexual abuse in an instant! Chikane *betrayed* her as a friend and as a woman in *everyway*, regardless of the justification. I was so angry. Partly because of the way Himeko reacted to the whole situation and partly because I *could* not and *would* not believe that Chikane was capable of doing such a thing. The whole thing made me feel so confused, because I loved Chikane's character and because after that, I could not help but hate her.

As a woman, I felt the rape scene in the very deepest part of my soul. I could feel the betrayal, the pain, the confusion... and it was awful. So I had such a terrible time with the series after that, because it pained me so to watch as Himeko repress the experience of rape as she desperately tried to believe in her friend once again, tried and tried and then was betrayed a second time.

Although I did have a hard time with the series, I did fall in love with it madly. I spent so much of my time trying to sort out this terrible case of cognitive dissonance that hung over my head like a rain-cloud that it somehow became engraved in my heart. I finally discovered that although it brought up a horrible sense of discomfort, it touched my heart! That was undeniable. The ending, *what an ending*! It gripped me from the deepest part of my heart and did nothing to let me go! Their surrender to the cosmic cycle of pain and love, their acceptance of their painful destiny; of an endless cycle of fighting to find each other, of struggling to love each other and being torn apart just as they found each other! God! It was so beautiful in the most masochistic, heart wrenching way! It was an endless cycle of pain and love, of rebirth and death; and I fell in love with it wholeheartedly.

I *was* glad to see some justification for the rape. That was the one thing that saved this series for me, and it barely did; by the skin of its teeth. I was also glad that the rape scene in the anime was less graphic than the one in the manga, although the on in the manga makes Himeko look a lot more willing (which pisses me off. Where do people get off thinking that a girl reacts so well to being *forced into having sex*!).

But if you really take a look at the creators of KnM, you see that they're just a bunch of fetishy little guys in the first place. So the rape and all the weird little fetishy things that are more than sprinkled along the plot (like how the girls are later reborn as sisters and are thus engaged in an incestuous relationship in the manga) are all the product of fan-service, which is, in reality a disappointment. It all distracted from the actual story and added a whole ball of ‘what-the-fuck’ into the mix. But the relationship between the girls, their inescapable fate, their undying love despite the overwhelming odds they face; that's the true gem that shines beyond everything else. And that was enough to save KnM for me, despite my occasional rants. And I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that.

But! I just wanted to take the time to really thank you for this wonderful piece of fiction, you did a phenomenal job. (Ah. And sorry for the 700 word rant. Haha.) I'll look forward to reading more from you. Till then, happy writing!
Literary Anomaly chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
I just finished the story and felt the need to comment... I LOVED this fic, it was beautifully written and so cute, yet very angst ridden at points. The omakes at the end were a great touch as well, very nice. Overall well done on this fic, I greatly enjoyed it!

Oh and a side note.. I feel just as strongly as you with the series, especially the post and pre rape scene. The entire story was just one more heartache after another all the way 'til the damn end! Ah,.. But what an end ;)
Icy-Windbreeze chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Lovely...LOVELY chapter! Made my day! :D
Obsidian And Cobalt chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Awesome story and the omakes where hysterical XD
Larkawolfgirl chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
nice story and your omakes were hilarious
Her Little Doll chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
Beautiful story. I can really tell how much thought you put into this- and I appreciate that. It shows when an author truly cares about their characters and isn't just flinging an idea onto them on a whim. I really, really loved this fic. You did have some problems with switching tenses but your writing was really good. I read your author's note- I really liked Kannazuki no Miko too. Himeko's reaction was unrealistic? Well...I would take into account that Himeko is Himeko. There is not one reaction to any specific event that is generalized for the whole human race. More ever, Chikane was Himeko's best friend up until that point, Himeko has a tendency to blame everything on herself and that was the last thing she could ever have expected to happen. I really can understand her feeling more anguished and at a loss than betrayed. With that aside though...this fic was awesome! The emotions expressed by the characters were spot-on. Awesome. Thank you for writing this.
Yuri-hime chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
LMAO! You know usually I don't too much like Omakes 'cause the authors who write them are *no where* near as funny as they imagine themselves to be. But lol damn ur omakes were hilarious! XD

Also *really* loved this fic It was beautiful, well-written, and a complete joy to read. Thanks for writing it 3