Reviews for Couched Conversation
Reader chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
That moment she actually tried the couch, snuggled into it and Grace came in, making Lisbon all startled was one of my favorite moments in the whole series. There was something so incredibly human about it, the tiredness of all things seeping through... And this was such a lovely continuation of it, thank you so much for sharing.
dearmag chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
This was beautiful. Jane's worry is always so endearing... excellent story, like always. Thanks for sharing!
wavesofred chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
:):):) I loved this fic! Especially the whole rhyming thing, 'cause it was always my favorite part of that episode. I do think that couches are very important to this show, though.
Lothiriel84 chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Very funny... and sweet. I loved it.
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Soooo cute :)
alicepuck chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
adorable! I have to say the first thing that came to mind when Jane mentioned warm milk was Ryan's Honeymilk from Castle lol!
csiAngel chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
This episode really did need a conversation about the couch! This one will do nicely :) Lovely description of Lisbon curled up, sleeping. Great mix of teasing and concern from Jane. Perfect.
Famous4it chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
I am glad you rescued the poor bunny, because it has resulted in one awesome story! I loved how this was all nothing but interaction, and the rhyming in the end was a nice touch. And Jane's concern was the cutest thing ever!
The HongKonger chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
N'aww. They definitely needed a better back story of the couch/sofa thing. This was really sweet. Well done.
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
You even worked in a rhyme! HEE!

I like your explanation of why Jane got her the couch. Very plausible and very sweet. Just what I wanted!

I also love that you brought up the (idiocy) of Cho being upset, and if he's upset, it wasn't good, and Jane is scared Lisbon will go back to S2 Lisbon. Stupid team and their stupidity.

If the Show doesn't tell us eventually WHY he got the damn couch, I'm going to cry.

But I'll just accept your reasoning as canon in the mean time!
forthecoast chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
So happy you got nudged into doing this :P

I am completely in love with the image of her asleep on his couch and him trying to decide whether or not to wake her. And how much he obviously cares about her. Even though he tries to evade her questions. Oh, this fic gets filed away in my happy place.

Also, I love how he specifies that he bought her a fluffier couch.

HE BOUGHT HER A COUCH. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID. That is part of my new mantra.

Oh, ps. Lower case "i'm" in the last few lines.
PatsSoxFanGirl79 chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Cute fic! I could see this happening on the show... :o)
Frogster chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Aww! That was soooo cute! I'm glad you followed up on the couch arc. I wanted to know just why Jane had bought Lisbon a couch-and what he did with her old one. My guess is he took her old one up to his attic.

Love his genuine affection and concern for her, and hers for him. :D They're such a cute "couple".

Like how well they can read each other, as well.

Loved how you continued the rhyming game, too! :)

Great job! Update soon!
Afterglow04 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
LOL. Oh, you are so beyond awesome. I'm so behind on all of your stories, you get these done way too quickly, I am envious.

Nevertheless, I'm happy certain individuals encouraged this ;)

I'm SO pleased you continued their little rhyming game, heeee. That will never get annoying for me and I enjoyed it here just as much as during the actual episode. I was also more than amused when Jane was mentally listing the reasons of how her team had wronged her, nicely done ;)

I liked Jane's obvious concern for her and the fact he wouldn't want her to ever actually sleep in her office. It's typical; it's okay if he does it but not for her, of course. He's looking out for her.

"She was starting to get better at reading between his lines."

Loved this line too, because I like to think it's exactly what Lisbon is learning. She's getting better at figuring him out, reading him just like he reads her and it's a nice thought, so I'm glad you happened to include that here.

This was incredibly adorable, I like!
Anni chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
I saw your story, got very exited about your summary, went to watch the episode and then read your story.

Loved the episode and your story :)

Jane spends more time on Lisbons couch then she. So its only fair if he wanted to be comfortable there :)