Reviews for Jealousy
Soulstealer8 chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
TT Awwwww! poor L at the end! This is seriously the first time I've ever used the crying face in one of my reviews and I've read quite a lot of sad storries. However I don't think Watari should be blamed for any of L's growing doubts like everyone else is saying, he did after all refused the visit first, L insisted on tagging along, Watari must've refused in order to protect L, but since he went along it lead to the discoverment of Watari's grandson's (forgot how to spell his name sorry) jealousy and angst towards him and believing Watari never genuinely cared for him considering what he'd done to him. L made his own emotional damage it worse by talking to Watari about it in the car even though Watari did mostly deserve everything L shot at him the relationship between them shouldn't have changed because for the world's greatest didn't seem to catch the possibility that Watari might have been trying to protect him if anything L should realize it was his own fault for intruding in personal business. The world's greatest detective should eventually realize that sometimes knowing the truth can sometimes be worse than never knowing at all. Anyway, fascinating story, loved it. :)
3waypetal chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
That was very well written and I enjoyed it immensely. Wonderful job.
Sonorous Serendipity chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Your take on their relationship is heartbreaking. L's been turned into a machine, and Watari is sorely to blame.
Dr. Ashtray chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
This is interesting. I felt a little sad after it, but otherwise...nothing. And I suppose that's how L felt. The most depressing thing about this story is that afterward L would further became emotionally disconnected, and I blame Watari for that. I think that you wrote both characters beautifully, I could imagine it perfectly. And I do think that L feels as though he is a tool, created for the police to use.
Katamabob chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
That's sad :( Poor L. Kieran's a jerk... (I find it weird saying that, because that's my brother's name, but still xD) Oh, and in this fic Watari is also a jerk. And yet... this really does feel like something that could actually happen in DN O_o

Excellent one-shot.

Rein Mikazuki chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Yeah I agree. L is human and he does feel. But you know what? Watari deserved everything L told him.

How can he take an innocent child without a loving family to support them and turn them into a machine when he can't use his own flesh and blood! He's a filthy hypocrite if that's true!

Of course I don't think Watari is actually like fact I rather like him! But like this he's horrible.
Viyola chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
That was an incredibly interesting take of L and Watari's relationship. I always founds Watari's attitude towards the kids at Whammy's house a bit questionable but I think with this little twist with the grandson, you really nailed it! good job!
Pita chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Hmm, not really how I see these characters, but a very interesting take on them. Also, I love the idea of L meeting Watari's relatives, though, I found Kieran to be rude. Great work.
Maara Annika chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Thought it hurt L I am glad that Kieran helped him to open eyes. After reading Another Note and learning about first generation my opinion about Watari dropped low.

Great work, thank you for sharing!
Bittersweet Freedom chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
...I will never see Whammy as the same kind old man.
I suck XP chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
What a creative story. I like your writing style, too. I thought it was great!

Kieran seemed like a little asshole. Not even giving L a chance... I'm goting to check out your other stories. Keep up the good stories!
Pink Star Art chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
wooow. That was really shocking! This was really well written!
Keikaku chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
The fact that L notices the subtle changes in Watari's behavior (and also the fact that he in turn recieves a mutual feeling) adds a certain quality to the relationship. Most fics tend to have Watari as someone who never has his faults with L (and if he does, then it often turns sour and not in a very good way), but you captured this down pat.

I had almost forgotten that Watari had a family. I love the interaction between his grandson and L, and his revelation that Watari didn't want his own flesh and blood going through the training, rather L was a "tool" for an inventor like Watari to use. This oneshot really makes you think- Watari may not be the caring caretaker to L that we make him out to be.
WhiteLadyDragon chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
I may never look at Watari and L the same way again...

And I mean that in a good way! What a beautiful rendition of their relationship!
1.6180 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
I think you wrote L beautifully. This is definitely in character to me, and I like how you weaved Watari's mind as an inventor into it- I have been thinking about this lately.

I am quite glad I read this. Very interesting and thoughtful, a plausible insight into their relationship.