Reviews for Drinking Tea and Waiting
InsanityIsClarity chapter 2 . 4/5/2015
I loved this.
eleventy7 chapter 2 . 4/4/2014
I really enjoyed reading Iroh's perspective and seeing the justifications for the choices he made. It's certainly an original and creative take on why Iroh would have insisted on placing a highly inexperienced and ill-equipped Zuko on the throne (and really, the only plausible explanation now that I think about it).

Iroh's musings about his military past (particularly his consideration of his "effectiveness" as a general) was a great (and IC) insight into his own motivations regarding the war and the consequences afterwards, and drew a good parallel between his own life and Zuko's (certain stains that never come out regardless of time passed).

Lastly, I enjoyed the light humour here and there. "Like a fungus" made me laugh aloud and ended the fic on a light-hearted note.

I look forward to reading your other work!
Snugglesthefluffykitten chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Hm... Pretty good.
I'm not the only one that has made the Gaang's HQ in the Jasmine Dragon.
Could you maybe give me an idea for a story? I have the worst case of writers block I have ever had.
Igornerd chapter 2 . 1/25/2014
Of all the Gaang, I think that only Aang would not understand what was really happening.

Maybe Sokka, too.

Nice short story!
TexasDreamer01 chapter 2 . 1/25/2014
*snickers* It's a good thing that it was Aang that was there - anyone else would have questioned Iroh more. XD
Fireborn101 chapter 2 . 1/24/2014
When I first got the email about the update I was really excited because I thought that it was an email from my friend who I'm worried about because he's depressed and stuff, but it was this and it made me smile so thank you :)
I really loved how Aang just sort of bought it where as say...Suki would have noticed something was up and investigated.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
That is a perfectly plausible reason for Iroh to not ascend to the throne.
1sunfun chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
Nice.
Earthspark chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Aw, jeez. I could see this happening, too. Why didn't I think of assassins, post-war?! This fic makes me want to knock Iroh unconscious and drag him back to safety. Like that would happen. I like your Jianguo, too. Your style is very realistic.
Atarah Derek chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Oh, Iroh, still serving your country even from Ba Sing Se, and making unlikely friends along the way. Don't you ever change.

I enjoyed this little story, and especially your portrayal of Iroh's skills in defending himself. Zuko has little to fear concerning his uncle's safety. And I'm not the least bit surprised that Kuei's been seeking Iroh's advice. Iroh has become the heart and soul of Ba Sing Se, as well as the heart of Team Avatar, even if he's not actually an official member.
Obsessive Consumptive Reader chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Kinda creepy, but also funny at the same time.
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
This was a good look into Iroh's mind (:
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
ha! gotta love iroh. thanks for writing. it was fun to read this. :)
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Old soldiers never quit. They just learn to fake harmless, and fans of A:TLA know how good Iroh is at that.
bookfreak1317 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This was really good ad interesting. Are you thinking of writing a sequel? Because that would be pretty cool. Great job! :)
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »