Reviews for Jay Bird
SoulRain chapter 3 . 5/23
It was perfect. That rather bittersweet ending made me tear up quite a bit, however. It wrapped up on a hopeful, yet I found a sad note. I wanted Alfred to stay as well. I want to praise you on the way you write them, esepecially Authur. I admire the way you directed their personal feelings with their people's. The way they blend is remarkable, brilliant. I'm interested on how American and British English differ as well. It's quite intriging of a topic. The deleted scene was humorous. A part of me wished you had kept it in. I'm interested in how you form the story, I find it puzzling that you add so many details in the revise, and not the original draft. It's quite a system to just have the dry cut charcter's speech. Anyways I'm glad I decided to stay up late to read this hidden jem of a story. It was an sweet, pleasant sit through.
jennyVDL93 chapter 3 . 10/26/2016
SHIT this is beautiful. This piece deserves more attention.
Yuukilover chapter 3 . 11/12/2013
Nice description of both characters! :D great story! -
Pho chapter 3 . 9/30/2013
This was really great! I enjoyed it very much. :)
D-Channerz chapter 3 . 10/13/2012
Beautifully written and historical ancedotes- loved this very much. The whole thing tore at my heart in the best way. Very well done.
QueenBlueLake chapter 3 . 5/5/2012
Brilliant! This is very well done, you stick to the characters and the history very well.
Girl-of-Action chapter 3 . 3/6/2012
Awww... I loved it. o
ellypie17 chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
uwaaaaaaaaah... why does hetalia have to make history between the US and UK so heart-wrenching? I normally don't review to stories that are finished, only to ones that aren't so I can spur the author on, but I love this story because it is so historically written. It makes me put history into place- especially the resentment that england must have had for america (and probably still had until world war I, although honestly i love the brits because they really are the closest thing, besides canada, that america can call "family"- it surprises me how similar their ideologies really are) and how the united states didn't start out as the "perfect" model for democracy that we boast about today (- seriously, it sometimes surprises me at how "powerful" america seems to be, and yeah i get that america IS powerful, but I step back and go... we're just americans. naive, isolated americans. for some reason that doesn't scream "world power!" to me. not that I'm complaining- I love america). so thank you for this wonderful mini-story- i look forward to others that follow!

*fireworks and confetti and hugs for a job well done*
Lamashtar Two chapter 3 . 9/27/2011
Wonderful story. Breaks my heart to think of 1812. And I wonder where the trade embargoes Britain tried to wall America up in-forcing America to go to China-fit.
Anon chapter 3 . 8/22/2011
This story needs more love, seriously. I love the way it was written with enough angst for the readers to understand the strain of US-UK relationship, but ended in a good enough note to see that it's not beyond unrepairable. And the history notes at the end shows how much effort you made to make this fic 'real' enough. I love it. Thank you for writing this enjoyable fic.
The.Babble.Fish chapter 3 . 7/27/2011
Wow, this is so, so good, and so nostalgic; I wish I could write like this...
LUka chapter 2 . 7/8/2011
Rereading this chapter, and all I can say is

Y SO SEXY?

It is directed to the author, and US and UK.
Halloween567 chapter 3 . 6/25/2011
8D

This story is love.
Trumpet-Geek chapter 3 . 6/23/2011
I adore this. People always write about the Revolution or about after, but never the transition from war to friendship.
Helisse chapter 3 . 6/14/2011
I already reviewed this story on LJ, but what the heck - it deserves the praise. I like this story a lot - the historical events (this particular era in Anglo-American relations is rarely mentioned in the fandom) and how much work you obviousl put into it. Good job.