Reviews for Escape
TeeHunter13 chapter 12 . 2/5/2011
Everybody!Praise Alacquiene!Praise!
OveliaGirlHaditRight chapter 12 . 2/5/2011
Such a perfect ending. Honestly, I knew they'd never end up together, as this was mostly Canon. But at least Vanitas can be her protector for eleven (or more) years. And it's sort of ironic in a way that this entire story was about different types of fighting... now his love for her will lead him to fight for her.

And it was a nice touch to have Vanitas forget everything until he found the picture. He was a fragment of a fragment, so it makes sense he would have lost his memories so easily. But your wording has me hoping you'll someday decide to write a sequel. After all, the words "A fragmentary passage" are in the secret ending for BbS FM. I don't know if you did that on purpose, but...

By the way, that was cool how Vanitas felt the Heartless' emotions. I can imagine that would happen. It's an interesting picture you've depicted with their golden eyes looking at each other. LOL

I just realized that this story was seriously lacking Unversed. LOL I’m actually kind of glad for that. I think it would have been harder for Aqua to forgive Vanitas when seeing all the monsters she’d fought were from him.

"‘Idiots,’ he mumbled, glancing angrily for a second at the spot where the Heartless had stood only moments earlier. It could have woken her.” Aww, this part is so sweet for Vanitas. How amazing it is that his entire demeanor has changed.

“His expression was strangely arrogant and reassuring at the same time. ‘I will never let them hurt you. Sleep as long as you want…’" That may be the best way I’ve ever seen someone describe Vanitas’ face. LOL

“He could not be with her any other way. She deserved someone complete, perfect; like she was.” I have to wonder if Vanitas is somewhat bitter at the possibility of her ending up with Terra. He never did like him…

“And it would only hurt her if she knew of him. If she ever found out that such a broken, incomplete part of him still existed, it would tear her apart. His feelings for her would not allow that to happen. It was best that she did not know.” Vanitas and Aqua would have complimented each other so well.

“And maybe, the sound of his voice would comfort her and she would dream of him.”

I really love the place Vanitas has come to. If only he were that admirable while he was “alive.”

"I hope the light is bright, where your dreams are taking you," Wow. I would have never imagined Vanitas saying this if it weren’t for your story. Amazing job. You’ve made me love VanAqua all the more.

“The slightest yet sincerest of smiles touched her lips as she sighed, and he felt a strong sense of belonging, of fulfillment. This was why he still existed. This was his new purpose.

He would love her, until she finds a way to escape.” So beautiful! And I loved how you tied in the story’s title. If only the world had been fair…

Amazing job, and once again, thank you for this amazing story.

P.S. Have you ever heard the song “Where I Stood” by Missy Higgins? Gosh, that song fits Vanitas perfectly in this story. The only problem is that it’s from a girls’s perspective. Oh well. There’s actually a really good Xion video to that song if you’re interested. The video is entitled “R u n;” on YouTube. The video is by ClarityOfMemory
Disposable Camera chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
I am at a loss for words.

I never thought about Vanitas and Aqua being shipped, but you totally pulled it off. So much love for this story!

Beautiful, and I really hope you write more VanxAqua later on
Orochimarisu chapter 12 . 2/5/2011
I never commented did I?

Perhaps it was because I was at loss for words?

Because I couldn't see the keyboard through the tears?

I don't know..., but now I AM commenting I can tell you. And I can safely say, I've enjoyed every WORD, no LETTER, written!
auara351 chapter 12 . 2/5/2011
My Dear... There was no need to ancknowledge me for, I was just doing the duty of a reader. I loved the ending, espicially those pesky little heartless... Since you offered me your thanks, I shall offer your my sincere thanks yous to you. Plus cookies...
EpicMickeyX chapter 12 . 2/5/2011
Aw! Thanks for thanking me and Vanitas is happy your awesome at happy endings! :D
Ars Silentium chapter 12 . 2/5/2011
I was telling myself: "I wonder if I'm acknowledged..."

Then, when I saw that I was, I told myself: "HOLY ******* **** NO WAY. 8D"

-creepy.

Well, in regards to the story... Man. Beautiful in its entirety. It's-gah. It's nice to know Vanitas Remnant got some love this time around. Yes, yes I love Vanitas. As creepy as it sounds, yes, I do.

I want to make this review worth reading, but eh, what else can I say? I could say Vanitas was oddly sweet here. But it was for the story, and he was as in-character yet sweet.

Eh, what the hell. Fave this too. XD
g-peachy-chan chapter 12 . 2/5/2011
BEST ENDING EVER OMG SO CUTE KYAAAA! :D ...Good job!
Gone and not returning chapter 11 . 2/4/2011
I would like to see an AU multi chapter fan fic on this pair from you since I believe you can pull it off well.

You have the talent as proven with this fanfic.
Xelledina chapter 11 . 2/4/2011
.I Have Seen It All~!

That was phemomenal! I never, ever usually review - which I should BTW. Anywho, your's was absolutly amazing that I just HAD HAD HAD to review to let you know how it was!

Story time:

I found this story yesterday late at night and read all the way through chapter 10 in one longgg sitting XD This morning I went to school and logged on to see that you updated. After much freaking out in excitment, I printed out to read it. At least I tried to. As I read the first paragraph I teared up and mae my friend read it as well so she could feel my anguish for Vanitas. I will MAKE HER READ IT! Anyway, I tried again to read it ... failure. I was bawling in my one class and my friend threatened to take it away. I traied again and was crying in the middle of class ... right before I had to do a presentation ... everyone was staring ... I also fell outta my chair because I was to overwhelmed with emotions. It was pretty funny actually. All the while my friend was hissing at me to stop because we had to present. She's a good friend. She got me a tissue. And helped me up. I didn't stop BTW, I kept reading XD SO that was my evenfull emotional day ... all because of that one last chapter lol

So let's get to the nitty gritty: Your writing is beautiful and flows woderfully. It has inspired to to try and force out the rest of the chapters for my own fanfics, since I have an odd case of writer's block. Anywho, I never expected I would Like a Vanitas and Aqua fic, by my god they are now my new fav pairing all beacuse of this FIC! XD feel proud my friend you have crossed lines that I had no idea that existed :D And congrats you have done great!

Yes! Epilogue! Do it! I crave it!

BTW, I want to attempt to make a vid to this fic! Any song suggestions because I really really want to try this :D

Thank you for entertaining me! I will be sure to read your other fics!
NinjaSheik chapter 11 . 2/4/2011
AWESOME~! UPDATE SOON~!
Lionwings chapter 11 . 2/4/2011
Okay, I have been reading this amazing fanfiction for a while now. I thought now would be the perfect time to say,

Wow. Just Wow. The way all of the characters were done was just perfect. You caught every single personality perfectly in my opinion. I think that this is possibly one of the best stories I have ever read on this site. Thank you for being awesome and writing it!
auara351 chapter 11 . 2/4/2011
... Theres really nothing to say... HE'S GONE! But really well written... soooooooooo.. Great Job!
PracticalDreamer chapter 11 . 2/4/2011
i am so depressed now.

thank you. that was such a great story- even if it didnt get a happy ending ;w;
OveliaGirlHaditRight chapter 11 . 2/4/2011
Gah. I could barely even see the chapter through my tears. The ending destroyed my heart as much as it did Vanitas'. I was not expecting the story to go this way. But it wouldn't have been a Birth by Sleep story if it hadn't. And even if Ven, Vanitas, and Terra would have remarkably survived, Ven and Terra would have tried to kill Vanitas, so… I wonder what Ven will think of Aqua’s weird behavior towards Vanitas when he wakes up. LOL

I also wonder if Ven realized, while fighting Vanitas internally, that he was trying to lose (at least to Aqua).

I'm glad that most of the chapter was in Vanitas' POV. As you said, "and hearts have finally changed." And who changed more than Vanitas? If only the idiot hadn't merged with Ven to begin with. -facepalm-

So I really want to see the epilogue. LOL And I like the idea of Aqua trying to revive Vanitas, too. I think it's something that should happen in Canon. Because Ven's heart—even with the help of Sora's—is still incomplete. I really want Vanitas to return. LOL

And I have to say my favorite part would probably be when Aqua realizes it's Ven, not Van, in her arms. How hard that must have been for Aqua! She got her friend back, but at the cost of her newfound love? Of course how could Aqua have known that a creature of Darkness would become so selfless?

It’s so heart breaking in realizing how cruel the multiverse was to Vanitas. That he realized he loved her just in time to lose her forever. Something Xehanort and Braig had known all along. And then Aqua doesn’t even hear him!

But at least they were able to share one kiss (even if it was short).

“Ven will always remind me of you.” That line is so sweet, yet sad. You seem to give the reader the impression that it’s because of the “put an end to me.” bits, but it’s a nice layer of hope that even if she can’t save Ven… he’ll always be with her in her heart. What he’d always wanted.

I’m crying again, and I do not want to catch a cold, so I’m going to cut this Review short. You’re a truly gifted writer, you’ve woven a truly meaningful story, and I thank you for every minute of it. I look forward to what you write in the future.

Your Friend, Shanna

P.S. Do you think you might ever do a sequel of sorts?
162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »