Reviews for Offering to a Star
Ahh this story never fails to make my day. It's so beautiful, so lovely! This is like my third reread of this. Kudos to you
Lunar Hikari chapter 72 . 10/30/2014
My urge to wrap the boys up in blankets and never let go is getting stronger with every chapter you write. I honestly didn't think that was possible. I love the way you write emotion - Kratos' dull horror and acceptance at killing his father is SPOT ON and I feel so bad for him seriously everyone in this fic needs therapy. Which is proof that you're doing an AMAZING job with it because let's be honest here, the desperate need for therapy is the Seraphim's defining characteristic.

Congrats on your project! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Lunar Hikari chapter 71 . 9/24/2014
Oh geez. I. Oh wow. I have... no words. Just. Bye Sandor - you won't really be missed, you gigantic turd. Also! The return of math kid! I had literally JUST been wondering if math kid (or anyone from the academy really) was ever gonna be relevant again and HERE HE IS.
Zaren broke my heart. Dangit Zaren I LIKED you why'd you hafta go and do that. :(
Can I just hug the whole cast? Is that a thing I can do? Because I feel like 90% of this cast needs to be wrapped up in a blanket and hugged for twenty years.
I am forever in awe of your ability to write and the way you consistently break my heart about the Seraphim (and sometimes put it back together and break it again and...). Seriously you are amazing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If it were possible to favorite this (and you) multiple times I definitely would. I just. So much love! For everything about this! asdjfklsjakdfj
slotat071 chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Please read and review my story! :) Thank you!

/s/10622520/1/The-Exsphere-Journey
Thunderblade14 chapter 69 . 6/4/2013
Wow, good chapter. Mariya was adorable and Lyrion was his usual jerky self.

The plan of theirs makes me a little nervous, though, if they pull it off, reading about the human king and generals' reactions sounds like it'll be priceless. XD

Thanks for the update. Good luck in college and Spain. Please update again as soon as you can, I look forward to reading more. :)
1412 karasu chapter 69 . 5/28/2013
Two Kharlan fics update at once?! GASP.

So, the truth behind Daddy Dearest will be UNEARTHED! I vote Martel as being the person who brings the humans 'the prisoners.'

Hmm, I was thinking about the end. Martel is killed by 'a human,' correct? It kind of shows how deeply ingrained race is. To put it into the context that I'm coming from:
A white man kills your sister.
A minority kills your sister.
In both cases, you will feel rage and sorrow. However, for the people who experience the first (while being white as well), they don't focus the blame on the race, but the identity of the murderer. However, once race changes, It becomes a fixation, instead of solely on the identity, also on a more generalized catagory.
For another in-game example, Zelos' mother is killed by a half-elf. Therefore, he is edgy and distrusting of half-elves. Had it been a human who killed her, would he have been distrusting of humans? Doubtful.

Urk. I'm going to hide now and pretend I didn't just embarrass myself.
1412 karasu chapter 68 . 5/27/2013
... And so, that's that. I've caught up. Very liberating, but also somewhat sad.
I haven't mentioned this before, but your quotes are all very beautiful and very fitting. I wish I had such a knack for finding these quotes. Though, you've read a lot of famous pieces; while none of the ones you mentioned have been quoted, I can only assume that you've read at least one or two. You seem to like The Great Gatsby, at least. Did you like the film?
Ugh, it seems that as my reviews lengthen my eloquence rises as well. I think I cracked my crazy-self of short reviews. I'm really not all that adept with words, though, just kind of pompous when I write about my personal opinions, haha.
I love your characterization of everybody- I've fallen in love with your Mithos and your Martel, your Yuan and your Kratos. I've become deeply invested in their lives and what will happen, and it truly pains me to know how the story ends.
You're not the perfect writer-your writing is sometimes a little too overwhelmingly abstract, and some might say that you focus a little too much on character interaction, to the detriment of the plot-that is to say, you take for granted the knowledge of the fictional world and how it works, as fanfiction writers are apt to do, so much so as to make the plot almost a background feature. (This isn't necessarily bad, and keep in mind that I am in no way shape or form a professional editor, or even the slightest way more than a somewhat competent writer.) But nevertheless, you've managed to create a wonderful tapestry that I do not regret spending hours studying. Most of the time it is so difficult to find fics that have some semblance of grammatical structure, despite whatever interesting premise they might have. I'm not all that thick-skinned when it comes to writing, so oftentimes I find myself giving up on reading fics due to grammar or stupidity. There was a Kharlan-era fic that I tried to read right before this one, but it only took until chapter 4 for me to give up due to the fact that the author, for some reason, could not grasp the concept of 'tenses.'
... I digress. To sum up these words from my too-loquacious self (yes, this is actually how I think, and sometimes speak. It's really rather embarrassing.), I enjoyed your fic tremendously, and hope that you might update eventually. I can only hope that 68 consecutive reviews have some impact other than annoyance and surprise upon you.
... I'm actually hoping that you'll read at least the majority of my reviews- I know most of them are really just nonsense but they did still take forever. But that was my decision, so whatever.
(Hopefully) talk to you (in a less one-sided way?) again,
Your obnoxious reviewer,
1k
(Would you believe me if I said I almost signed this review with my real name? XD Scary, what years of conditioning can do.)
1412 karasu chapter 67 . 5/27/2013
Ah, sorry, got a little sidetracked.

Not much to say, really. They've got quite a few pacts ahead of them! And wow, I know it's just Gnome, but this really speaks to how powerful Mithos is. I wonder how long it will take Kratos and Yuan to get back into shape. Also, that military man is a dick. He should go die soon.
1412 karasu chapter 66 . 5/27/2013
Ahhh! And so the plot thickens.

Okay, I've been wanting to ask this since you made that comment about someone riding on Noishe at least 20 chapters ago, but how big is that goddamn protozoan? I DONT UNDERSTAND.
1412 karasu chapter 65 . 5/27/2013
Goddammit, it's hard to keep track of what I want to say in my reviews when the chapters are so long.
Lets see... No, to the fic about Zaren and what's-his-face, because I really don't care much, as cold as it sounds... Haha. I'd rather this story be updated. (Unless this is finished. But even so, I don't think I would be able to muster up the energy to read that fic if its too long.)
Wow! 6-7 months... Was NOT expecting that.
So what the hell happened? Was Mithos and Martel just dicking around in Iza-whatever? They didn't even bother searching? Hmph. They haven't even gotten another pact.
Alright, so in your world the fight really is between humans and half elves. Well, I'll just take it as creative licensing.
So, will Mithos and Martel ever find out about Kratos' father?
Gahh lost my train of thought... No doubt, ill remember it in the middle of reading your next chapter, upon which I will either promptly forget or mention it in my next review, whereupon I will simply assume that you will take my response for granted as the correct order of events.
1412 karasu chapter 64 . 5/27/2013
Ahh, I just registered this, but you've kept the war itself rather ambiguous. Had I not known the sides of the war I would have said that it was between half elves and humans, which really isn't the case. It leaves me a little confused, at times.
Mithos and Martel didnt try to rescue them? Well, I'm sure they had a perfectly viable reason, but still a little strange. You did say that they had been prisoners for months (I'm inclined to think about 2-3), so that's ample time to try- but maybe they had been pushed to continue their quest. Still, it's not in their nature.
Also, wow am I good or am I good? Uncertain-Kratos is adorable... He's so clueless when it comes to women. Though really- women not falling for him? Have they seen him? Janine or whatever her name is must be the only sane woman out there.
It makes sense that Kratos would be the weakest link, I suppose. I like to think that Kratos is better at weapon-combat, but he and Yuan are about even, with Yuan having that extra boost of hightened senses. And, not having a natural propensity towards magic, he isn't as good as his companions. Mithos would stay back, and he is an incredibly proficient magic-user, making frontal attacks from him out of the question. That goes the same for Martel, except she is even more removed, focusing more on defense and healing anyways.
1412 karasu chapter 63 . 5/27/2013
YIKES. Well, that escalated quickly. You weren't kidding about wanting the fic to end. Which makes me wonder if chapter 68 is truly the end of the journey?
Martel...
Also, it's a little sad that Kratos doesn't get any love til Anna. I mean, people like him like that, but he doesn't like them like that. It's not really necessary, but it's something that separates him, a little... I dunno where I'm going with this really. It doesn't even make sense, much.
1412 karasu chapter 62 . 5/27/2013
So who is this mysterious blacksmith-san? And you really love the whole 'no name' thing don't you?

AHHHH, I've almost caught up to you. I feel almost bad for you, and I wish I could see the look on your face when you first see the amount of reviews I have left you. I feel a little accomplished, actually, and I only wish that I had kept track and celebrated the 100th review.
1412 karasu chapter 61 . 5/27/2013
Ahhhh, and so the journey begins!
1412 karasu chapter 60 . 5/27/2013
AHHHH, Kratos hasn't shared a story with them yet!