Reviews for The Secret of Happiness
Inmyownbubble21 chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Awww their so cute im glad Edward stood up to Renee great fic xx
phoebes.promise chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Gorgeous friend, I sit here awed, giddy and in love. What surprise bliss this is... I'm ever grateful you have these words on a page. You made my afternoon. You're a brilliant storyteller, the flow is amazing.

Wind swept hair, banana notions and the sweetest romance. Beautiful, dreamy love... It's a complete and total gift. Thank you for writing. I hope to the heavens and stars and such that you're outlining and penning more and more. Please and how...

Much peace to you xxoo
Jessypt chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
First, thanks for sending me this link. I LOVED reading this. I really enjoyed the flow of this. I felt like I was in his head the whole time I was reading this and the flow of his thoughts was sometimes jagged. It made reading it really enjoyable. Really really liked that.

You are so witty. I was cracking up all throughout this thing. There were so many funny little lines... "I've come to appreciate the vibration of my cell phone more than ever..." the little jokes over text, "I think my sausage likes you... how about Frank?" OMG I almost died over that! And then naked scene in the kitchen with Renee... epic! LOL

You did a really nice job with all the little details - white polka dot panties, small strand [of her hair] sticks to her lips, scraping for more at the bottom of the bowl [pudding]. I could totally feel/see exactly what you were describing in those moments.

This story took a completely different direction than I thought it would, and I was pleasantly surprised. Renee is a hateful old bitty, although as a mother, I can't begrudge her the need to protect her daughter... even if it's misguided. Loved Charlie... so much love there.

Ok, this review is getting ridiculously long. I really, really enjoyed it. I hope you do continue it. I would love to see how they handle the complexities of her being pregnant, her writing career, and his touring. Continue please...

Jess xoxo
americnxidiot chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Wow, I really am craving some Magnolia's right now haha. I've never had their banana pudding, but it always looks so good. I may make a trip over there once I'm back in the city and the weather is nice lol. Anyway, back on point. This was so sweet, Annie. I love that you did something a little different with the picture, letting the drama and the action take place away from the rooftop. I also love how you wrote Bella's parents, supportive if skeptical Charlie and Renee who both served her purpose and was realistic (my friend's mom reacted the same way when she found out she was pregnant at 18). I hope you write more, even if it's only contest one-shots. Sometimes those are the most fun anyway hehe :)
katinki chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
congratulations on your first fic. nicely done! :) i enjoyed this. thanks for writing and good luck in the contest!

-k
MamaJoyof3 chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Wondeful story and oh so sweet!
barbarito chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Wow! My dear friend! I am so proud of you! Fantastic job on this! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Well done bb!
arfalcon chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
I loved this! I can't believe it's your first stab at writing. You're a natural born storyteller, and you're writing is absolutely terrific. You're getting my vote!
we live for love chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Loved your story.
georgeygirl chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Sweet and hot and lovely and so well-developed in so few words! Great job writing from EPOV too! Wow! Next time make sure this doesn't get past me okay? Love you, sweets!

gg

xo
Songirl chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Oh Annie!

First I need to apologize for taking so long to get to this point. And by this point, I mean reviewing your very first writing post in the manner you deserve. I knew you are entitled to more than a haphazzard iphone review with all it's autocorrect and impossible-to-express-yourself brevity.

You blew me away.

I loved it.

As I read, I was reminded of DeverPopcorn and Rochelle and their incredibly chlll, masculine Edwward's. It was neither cliche, nor over-dramatic. It was so perfect and sexy and authentic and loveable and everything that I think of when I think of you- happy, smily and hot-for-her-husband Annie.

I honestly can't wait to read anything else that you write. I will line up and pimp you until I am blue in the face.

The pacing and imagery and dialogue and flashbacks did not make me think of a new writer at all. It was complex and real and emotionally true. WE need more Edward's and Bella's like this. The reason we came to fanfic was for fantasy. I believe in soulmates and that healthy, sane people are neither boring, nor incapable of making something quietly epic out of only their love for each other.

More Please. I would like some more. (and who am I to ask?)

Love and hugs,

Jen
twilightmom1 chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Awe I loved it
dlhk chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Yay! Oh, Annie, I LOVED it. So good. Your style is great. I like the present tense a lot. It works so well. I really grew to love these characters. Edward is such a sweetheart. I love how you weaved in the flashbacks. I had a feeling she'd get pregnant, I'm not sure why. I really liked how things ended. I'm glad at least Charlie was on Edward's side.

Excellent job, my dear. This would be great expanded into a full story. Thanks for taking the plunge and sharing it with us. Great one shot. Mwah. -mommyofboth
ilsuocantante chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Oh, that was so sweet Annie! You had me cracking up with them all through the middle and then a little teary at the end. I love the way it played out-even being fic, their relationship seemed so realistic. Love love love the Elliott name. Now I'll have Elliott Smith in my head all day, and I'm already craving banana cream pie.

So exited you decided to write, I hope you continue!
justbri chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Sweet story, Annie! Even if Renee did deserve a junk punch. Hahaha Congrats on your first piece!

xoxo Bri