Reviews for A Merman's Song
blue-ariette chapter 14 . 9/2/2012
I teared up a bit in this chapter. A giant wave of sad crashed down on me when Luka replied to his confession. I feel so bad for the both of them.
And your writing style is amazing, just to let you know.
My heart hurts now. :(
blue-ariette chapter 13 . 9/2/2012
Oh please, Kaito. Quit bein' so uptight!
Jealous Gakupo is jealous and cute. Caring Luka is caring and cute. A match made in heaven. I hope they resolve things soon...before..GAH.
blue-ariette chapter 12 . 9/2/2012
I like Luka's distress-in a good way, of course. It just goes further to show how great/deep her personality is. So, Kaito the prick and Gakupo as an escort. I sense trouble brewing...
Still can't stop smiling from last chapter, though. "
blue-ariette chapter 11 . 9/2/2012
My mouth is permanently damaged from smiling too much. This was...so..GAH.
The gift from Gakupo killed me. Way. Too. Darn. Cute. Not to mention the milk mustache earlier. I was practically half-dead from the cuteness of the mustache even before the flower finished me off. I must regenerate before continuing any further.
Oh right, review- I think part of the reason I enjoyed this chapter so much was because of your awesome writing style. It compliments the story so well.
blue-ariette chapter 10 . 9/2/2012
Aw, cheering her up. What a good guy..*sniff*
"He'd rather be anything to her – a clown, a mute, or even a footstool. As long as she put her feet on him and he made her smile, it didn't matter."-So effin' cute.
blue-ariette chapter 9 . 9/2/2012
NO. Dear Miss Author, why.
I knew it would happen, but noooo...
Again, Luka's feelings and emotions in this chapter felt realistic and very much human/in character. The crying bit at the end was very, very sweet. :)
blue-ariette chapter 8 . 9/2/2012
HAHAHA. Lobsters. LOBSTERS.
Oh my goodness. My stomach hurts.
Okay so, back to the review! I really like how you are forming their relationship-slow but steadily building. Luka's feelings are really in character! And ugh, the awkwardness almost killed me with laughter. Can't wait to see how their date will turn out!
blue-ariette chapter 7 . 9/2/2012
Gakupo's naivete was well captured here. He's so clueless/oblivious/ignorant/freakingadorable.
blue-ariette chapter 6 . 9/2/2012
I squealed. Couldn't help it- Gakupo and Luka were absolutely adorable. And uh oh. Luka's father-why you have to...?!
blue-ariette chapter 5 . 9/2/2012
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Silly Gakupo.
Wao, this was a refreshing chapter. They finally meet each other (properly). LOL at Gakupo and his 'dinglehopper' brush.
blue-ariette chapter 4 . 9/2/2012
Oh dear, a butt-naked Gakupo and a shy Luka. Her personality really showed in this chapter (again, nice characterization *-*). Too bad she doesn't know the strange naked man was actually her amazing savior.._
blue-ariette chapter 3 . 9/2/2012
Nice, descriptive chapter!...I can almost feel his pain. Laughed at the 'A pair of legs and... something else.' xD
blue-ariette chapter 2 . 9/2/2012
I like the characterization of the Sea Witch. She's not just one of those 'bigbadvillains'..she actually has some personality. Poor Gakupo D;
blue-ariette chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Wow, what a sweet beginning. The writing style is very engaging, like the flowery fairytale type. I love it.
Luka feels in character, and Gakupo's just his usual goofy, cute self..'Squid Girl'. Hahaha. You captured the mermaid-or merman, I should say-perspective quite well!
naraku-doll chapter 17 . 5/5/2012
Ok, so here is the long overdue, long review xD

Ok, first of all: Really good job! You have a nice style of writing; you're a good storyteller, so I have nothing to criticize in that regard. In fact, I don't think I have anything bad to say about this, as I just all around really enjoyed reading this. It was funny, sweet and entertaining, and overall fun to read. Catches you up in the storyline quickly, too!

To tell the truth, when i first saw this story in the gaku luka archive (last year or something?) after reading the storyline i thought "oh lord. Vocaloids and little mermaid? That CAN'T be good. I bet some immature 13 year old came up with that idea, and it's gonna be sappy and cheesy and just all around make me puke and regret i even read it" So i didn't read it.

But it turns out you can't always judge a book by its cover, and i'm glad i decided to give it a try afterall, now. Of course, by the time i read this i had already read your other gakuluka fics and knew you were a good writer. So congratulations on a job well done, and you made a not-little-mermaid-lover enjoy a little mermaid story.

I would have really liked if they had both turned into merpeople at the end, but i guess that's not really true to the story is it? And i guess this way it still makes more sense... I loved the kids though. The ending was absolutely adorable and gave me warm fuzzies. So yet again, well done! )
138 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »