Reviews for Zero Interface
Bobboky chapter 2 . 1/28/2011
sweet
tuatara chapter 2 . 1/28/2011
Great work once again!

Generic LOLcat's reference to "Majo no Kishi" is an intriguing one that I wouldn't have thought of on my own...but now I totally see what they mean.

I certainly didn't see the cursed form change coming. Well, there was clearly *something* about the cursed form, given how Ranma was treated earlier. I just didn't expect it to be *that*. Does that mean girl-type Ranma's not top-heavy anymore? Ah, alas. (Ooh, unless you were to have that as a typically anime-ish be a way to tell them apart? Heh. But probably not, tragically.)

Always a bit skeptical about authors changing Ranma's girl form, but as long as it's for a good cause, it's fine. I assume it's a consequence of the familiar contract or something? (It's not that Ranma always looked like that, right? Otherwise he'd have recognized Louise as, well, himself...no?) I'm still wholeheartedly giving you the benefit of the doubt, as your writing is lovely and the tone has been almost pitch perfect so far.

Buuut...Generic LOLcat is also right in that a hook of one sort or another will be needed fairly soon. More to the point, Ranma should become less of a bystander ASAP. Though I'm sure you have something in mind, so I'm hardly concerned. One thing that could be construed as a criticism, however: your Ranma's a tad on the astute, insightful, non-brash and unperturbed side, especially for immediately post-training trip. It felt more pronounced in this chapter than the first, actually.

That's my only real issue with the chapter, and it's a decidedly minor one overall. I quite enjoyed this installment, and once again look forward to the next. Kudos!
Fayari chapter 2 . 1/28/2011
Well, they do look a bit alike.
Jokulmorder chapter 2 . 1/28/2011
Reading this now I can't help but think of Majo no Kishi. Look for it on mangafox or mangatraders if you want to read it. Think Witch with a trap familiar/knight, and make it perverted.

So you've turned Ranma's cursed form into a pink haired loli? I can see where you are going with this, class stand in and all. A very good setup for something a little different.

At this point you have people reading, what you need no is the beginnings of a plot or failing that, a net (as in a really big literary hook).

Seeing as most fan-fiction goes along without too much plot, only about 10% of the ones over 20k words worth reading, I suspect you'll need the net to keep readers reading.

Other things I may suggest:

Get Louis' sisters involved. Cattleya's personality makes a great contrast to BOTH of the pink haired tsundere (yes, I believe Ranma is a gender-bending tsundere , just think about it) lolis. The unemployed and unmarried would also make great magic tutors now that I think of it.

Playing with Ranma's curse doesn't mean it has to be over-used. The about half-male half-female proportion you have going on is perfect.

Both series had a measure of fan-service, just because it's text doesn't mean it shouldn't be incorporated sparingly.
animefreak 171 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Sweet start I can tell this is going to b a realy good fic can't wait 4 the next chapter
Muramasa Sengo chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
I've been waiting for a crossover like this! It will be interesting to see how much a difference it will make to have a familiar that already knows how to fight. It's also interesting for Ranma to interact with somebody who shows more vulnerability (intentional or not).

Since you plucked Ranma from the beginning of the series, I wonder if he will be able to do the cool stuff he did at the end of the original Ranma series.
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
This is a pretty good fic - you actually have Ranma act pretty much like himself, which is a refreshing change from some... Well, let's call them "exercises in literary incompetence", to be polite, that I've read.

Keep up the good work, but remember! Ranma here is fairly limited - no Chestnut Fist, no Rising Dragon Ascension, no Fierce Tiger Domination, no Forbidden Schools - which will be kind of odd, if you actually manage to write it well. It would be cool if you'd have him invent some stuff of his own, though. And with a weapon... I have the urge to say something about the smell of awesome in the morning.
DragonGolem chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Interesting start.
LegendaryGamer chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
congrats! you now just make the very first ranma crossover with familiar of zero and it is quite good too.

i wonder if this will be a harem pairing. could be interesting to see ranma react to henrietta, anges and tabitha not to mention tiffania too.

lets see ranma know the neko ken but i am not sure if cats exist in zero world but probably do. ranma's curse did not get actived? it always active at the worst time so it could mean the gandarf runes either destroyed the curse or remove the part of accidential water curse out to get him.

cant wait to see more and may the muse be with you.
WagnisFetcher chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
ho ho this looks like it will be a fun story to see. hope to see more soon
Hishin Trueflame chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
i really dont know how to thank you

i waited YEARS! for this crossover i had but lost any hope to see Ranma summoned by Louise but finally ITS HERE!

and whats even better?

THEY ARE IN CHARACTER!

with good grammar and not spelling errors

this is one is going in the best days of my life list
al-mansur chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Not a bad start you managed to capture a bit of who Ranma Saotome is and combine it with the Familiar of Zero. I really cannot find any fault with this first chapter.
Avid Reader Guy chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Interesting, didn't really get much character depth or any real chance to bond with the character but its interesting. I'll keep reading and see how it turns out.
Kariston Draconis chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Hmmm... Interesting. I was wondering when someone would get around to doing a Ranma/ZnT crossover, and this looks like it's going to be a good one. Of course, the fact that you can keep proper grammar and sentence structure helps too, so good job on that end as well. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Lord Mortensen chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
can you continue please?...I like this fanfic...update soon please..
471 | « Prev Page 1 .. 20 27 28 29 30 31 .. Last Next »