Reviews for What Are The Odds
Kaniner chapter 9 . 8/30/2013
God damn it. I hate this so much. Off to read the next now...
androidromance chapter 9 . 11/8/2012
This was sad, but I seriously wanted to burst into tears when I read McCoy's message to Spock. Great work and thanks for posting!
mou chapter 9 . 6/13/2011
cool!
mou chapter 8 . 6/13/2011
so sad
mou chapter 7 . 6/13/2011
wow
mou chapter 6 . 6/13/2011
wow, talk about stoic vulcanism.
mou chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
whoa
mou chapter 4 . 6/13/2011
aw, poor spock.
mou chapter 3 . 6/13/2011
wicked.
Doni chapter 9 . 6/6/2011
This is by far one of the most painful stories I have read in this fandom. Holy sh*t, have you taken the biggest, meanest stick and both literally and figuratively beaten the f*ck out of your characters. What has happened to Spock is heartbreaking...and was made so much worse by what Jim has done. I don't think I have ever been as close to hating him as I do here. I'm close, but not quite there yet. I wish you'd had Bones beat the sh*t out of him. Sure, he's in pain also, but what an absolute coward.

As much as I'm not 'happy,' you've done an excellent job here. Can't wait to read where you take this. Actually...I can a bit. I think I need to read a little fluff first. ;)
Loyal Lurkeress chapter 9 . 6/1/2011
Oh my God. Oh my effing God. (I've never actually cussed in a review; too paranoid - what if it doesn't get posted? But I definitely would otherwise. Sorry, random side note.)

This story is kind of phenomenal. And by kind of, I mean it most definitely is. I apologize for my rambling - I'm pretty sure I'm still in shock, and this probably won't be the most coherent review I've ever left. But please bear with me.

The concept of this is just - wow. I love the realism of it - how you acknowledge the dangers of space exploration, something I think we often forget. And you certainly don't pull any punches: the characters react in very believable, very real ways... which of course makes the story just that much more enthralling.

You have a real knack for emotional impact, by the way. I was on the edge of my seat before you revealed what happened to Spock, and when you finally did, the word "amputations" just hit me with all the brute force of an 18-wheeler. And after that, you just had me absolutely hooked.

I loved your exploration of the different relationships: Kirk/Spock, obviously, but I definitely enjoyed the Spock/Uhura interactions and especially the Bones/Spock moments. Very few people truly grasp the dynamic between Bones and Spock, and I think you did it marvelously here.

There’s really no criticism I can come up with; a few typos here and there, but nothing distracting. Thanks for a really amazing story. I’m heading over to read the following installments now – just wanted to leave some feedback really quickly so you know your work’s appreciated.

I really enjoyed this fic. Like, loads.

-Rhia
Celestinasong chapter 9 . 5/1/2011
so sad!
Celestinasong chapter 5 . 5/1/2011
Ok not what I expected... I'm hoping there's some kind of happy ending somewhere down the line... but I do enjoy how you write them. But not so much the amputation part :(
Celestinasong chapter 3 . 5/1/2011
This is my first star trek fic I have read and I'm really enjoying it.
gwynhefar chapter 9 . 4/30/2011
Ok, I want to hit Jim now. Can I? Can I hit him? Asshole.

Which is my way of saying you're doing an amazing job of portraying the emotion here :)