Reviews for Ever In Your Favor
the5elementsOfNature chapter 14 . 3/31
I read it again...this time I understood better... I liked the part when Katniss forgave Gale...
the5elementsOfNature chapter 1 . 2/28
Thank you...to give a perfect ending to the novel...
moleking chapter 30 . 12/29/2014
Great story
Guest chapter 30 . 11/18/2014
So wonderful! Could not stop reading it
GraphiteGirl chapter 9 . 9/26/2014
OMG, this just has to be the most beautiful Everlark I've read in the longest time.
colorprism chapter 13 . 8/22/2014
Thank goodness for Annie. When Katniss is being particularly obtuse, I have to remind myself that there are many different types of intelligence, some of which Katniss has in spades, and some of which she has little. Your story does a good job of showing the importance of different intelligence types. Moral intelligence (Katniss), emotional (Annie), intellectual/strategic (Gale), life/spiritual (Peeta).
Maddy chapter 30 . 8/7/2014
Best Everthorne fic ever. Simply beautiful.
ForFutureReference chapter 30 . 3/11/2014
Okay, prepare for an essay ahead:
This was a good story.

I normally do not like the idea of killing off a character to forward a ship (granted, it's better than making them so evil that even Snow would cringe), and Peeta is probably my favorite character in the series; however, you did this in a way that still treated him in a very respectful manner: be it his refusal to stoop to dirty measures to save his own life, to his acceptance of what's coming and encouragement of Katniss to reconcile, to his final message at the very end and the idea that he's watching over Katniss.
Not to mention showing that the recovery process for Katniss is a hard one is a hard one for her to take. Going along that, the path to her forgiveness towards Gale also took a reasonable amount of time.

But that's not why I liked this story.
I liked this story because it involves Gale's path to redemption from his actions during the war. The fact remains that he went down a very dark path. It's not really even the bombs (though there's something about a bomb that preys on the compassion of others that raises its reprehensibility above most weapons) or the sealing of the Nut (which many fic writers seem to brush under the rug) that's the problem (as Brighton himself states, it definitely can be argued that, strategically, taking down the Nut had to be done); rather it was the vicious and hateful mentality that he went about it. That is why the fact that personally not dropping those bombs doesn't not absolve Gale of responsibility.
At the same time though I do believe that, at his core, Gale is a decent guy. And I do believe that Prim's death was indeed a big wake-up call that potentially . So having him go through his actions of penance starting with attaching to a grave-digging unit and culminating with the demand to stand trial (oh, and facing Rory's temporary hate), were all good touches.
The conspiracy was a good plot. There would most definitely be factions that consider Paylor too "soft" and would seek to oust/kill her in this period of Panem's rebuilding. Not sure I agree about the idea of Beetee going bad, but at the same time, you did also write that well.
All of the military side characters were great, plus the fact that you gave each of them distinct personalities. Especially the idea of him working and becoming buddies with former Peacekeepers; I applaud you for the character of Redstone (It may be a bit silly, but the fate of the Peacekeeper in the square is something that nags at me.). Granted, getting to know these guys makes several of their deaths a big reader punch (something I didn't get from the deaths of the soldiers in the Star Squad).
On a lighter note, I could definitely see Johanna as a black-ops agents.

Lastly, I noticed the potentially metaphysical themes (Peeta's father and the dandelion, Marik's last words, whatever happened to Batton... etc), which were definitely an interesting touch.

To sum up the mess above: great work.
sorrystateofmind chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
Dropping a line :)

I'm starting this today and it's interesting. I'm wondering if it's a love triangle or a poly relationship, probably the former. Interested in seeing how you go about it.
Molly chapter 30 . 1/10/2014
Brillantly written, but I can't imagine her life without Peeta, sorry :D
Ambiguous21 chapter 30 . 1/9/2014
This was an amazing story
Ambiguous21 chapter 29 . 1/9/2014
That sunblock line... Oh the feels... :))
Ambiguous21 chapter 13 . 1/7/2014
This chapter left me in bad shape... It did an excellent job of making me cry for at least 10 minutes straight.
Aretee chapter 30 . 10/27/2013
Perfect and lovely. Love the Rory story and his signs from Prim. I truly love the flashback you give right at the end and Katniss shaking it off. She's going to be fine. Just fine. Love Rory's rocks, too. Now we know how Peeta sketched her. His presence will be felt for a while and I'm glad Gale is fine with it.
You tied up everything nicely even with the couples. I'm glad the Julina turned out to be trustworthy and hooking up with Redstone...and Annie and Doc...possibly. So cute.
Again, Perfect and lovely. Thank you for your time to produce this happier ending to a story I already loved.
Aretee chapter 29 . 10/27/2013
I love that she's drawing on Peeta's strength, using his techniques. I love that she went off script because that all she does well. I hate that BeeTee is the bad guy. :( It was a brave choice and bravo for a job well done. I didn't like him in the end. Good feint with the Brighton suspicion. But, when I realized your names are so symbolic, I was back to my original conclusion that Onyx was the bad guy and Brighton was good.
More sunblock references. ;)
And, I still love Posy. She's a pretty little flower.