Reviews for Miraculous
Esmeia chapter 1 . 2/4/2015
Adorable and fitting fic for Foxy. I really like and accept the headcanon that she loves lightning bugs. Being nocturnal, it's probably the one bug she'd find too beautiful to prey on.

Very well done!
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Good. Excellent
Rain Crow chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I'd thought I had posted a review here, but seems my memory is going...

Anyway, this is a wonderful character sketch, EM-C. Your prose is, as always, very smooth, and you paint a lovely picture with very few words. When I came back and re-read this story I could see the whole thing clearly, perhaps because I used to sit outside to watch the lightning bugs when I was a kid...

I really like the question that Foxglove asks herself, about who would destroy something so beautiful. It's a question very few people seem to entertain these days.

Wonderful job!
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
Aw exllcent and adorebale fic here
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Your K.P. beta ran it through spellcheck. Looks ok. (hehe). This story evokes a number of thoughts that sort of interrelate.

Seeing the fireflies myself in the backyard on a summer night, wavering and glimmering. Little moving blinks. Seeing one close up. Astonishing, that an insect can make it’s abdomen glow. Quite a trick for humans. It’s a warm ivory-like or vanilla-like glow. I envision a scene from the Nutcracker Suite part of the original Fantasia movie; the fairies / pixies flitting from blossom to blossom. Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream has a similar feel, wandering among the faerie.

There’s a scene in Immortal Beloved, the Beethoven biopic. Gary Oldman, the elderly composer is in attendance during the performance of his 9th Symphony. He recalls a scene in his youth where he fled his father’s drunken rampage. He ran to a lake and just floated on the calm surface. The sky was bright with stars, and the lake mirrored it. The scene takes place as the symphony reaches its crescendo. To see it is to experience visual and auditory transcendence. This viewer was awash in glory.

This is sort of what I imagine wending her way among the fireflies is like for Foxy.
The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Wow again! Nice to see you post this here now!

Heatless lights? Well, maybe LED's, but I don't think Gadget has explained those to Foxglove yet :D