Reviews for The Bravest
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
I meant to review this before, but didn't get around to it. Well, better late than never. It was a bittersweet piece to read right from the start. I'd paired Eliwood and Lyn together when I played, and even though you're a supporter for KentxLyn, I thought I could almost detect a bit of Eliwood thinking of her and him in that first scene, maybe a slight wish that they were both younger. Whether or not you intended it that way, it seemed a bit that was.

Moving on, the rest was also as sad yet sweet. Watching Kent die and knowing that Lyn is probably going to join him: that was very well-written. It made me want to cry at it, and I haven't cried at a fan fic yet.
R Amythest chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
I like the idea behind this piece quite a bit. It's also good to see Lyn again after she more or less disappeared from the frame of focus post-Rekka. I feel that her presentation is very true to her character, both in consideration of age and constants that age leave untouched. Her relationship with Eliwood is very sweet, as is Eliwood's pondering regarding his own ability to handle the loss of Ninian.
tattedmariposa chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
I really liked this! It's my favorite out of your recent updates for fe_fest. I like how you captured the way Eliwood and Lyn have aged - how proud Lyn is, how Eliwood doesn't seem to know quite what to do or how to react anymore, how they've changed and how they've stayed the same. And as others have said, the ending was so lovely in a sad, touching sort of way. I love the idea of Lyn taking Kent back to Sacae one last time, and how Eliwood just knows he will never see her again. Beautiful work. :D
Xirysa chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Hrrrrrrngh. You say I'm good at writing depressing stuff? Lies. You're very good at writing them as well-much better than me, at any rate, because my stuff has none of the coherency that yours does.

BUT KENT. AND LYN. AND ELIWOOD. ANDANDAND. ;0;

The fact that Eliwood's glad that Ninian died young is just so. Hrrrrrngh. Beautiful.

This is probably one of my favorite things you've written to date, friend. For serious. Keep up the totally awesome work.

[Xirysa]
Trevor X chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
What a journey...!

Heavy on the angst there, almost doesn't seem manna-rific at all. Teasing aside, tis a good quality piece with plenty of points for tears. Ah, the joys and pains of life and love.

I don't know if you're planning on branching out from the usual fluffiness, but know that this is a solid work to build on. Good characterization and character interaction. Like, even though it makes me want to cry. :)
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
This was really good, Manna. It was wonderful to see a look at Eliwood during Roy's absence- still carrying on the best he can in a world turned so very hostile. Lines like this- "He stopped himself from promising her any aid she desired—he was no longer the young, dashing man he had been, with his dragon-girl bride and a lack of foresight."- were deeply touching. The whole situation with Lyn and Kent was realistic and poignant, as was the change in the rapport between Lyn and Eliwood.

That Eliwood looked at the other couple and felt glad (in part) that he'd lost Ninian so young was wrenching. This was just a solidly good story, really.
Flying Banana Dinosaur chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
You.

You made me cry.
quintilis chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Ah, so very, very sad. Out of all the updates today, Manna, this is my favorite and I wish I could say something coherent, but I want to cry - I nearly lost it at the Mother Earth line.

Beautiful.