Reviews for Promise of a Lifetime
Dimplz chapter 10 . 1/8
Cute story. I've read a handful of Snily fics and I thought yours was pretty original. I liked how you had Lily in the original timeline and did not set the story while they were teens. Because of the short length though, I thought some plot beats didn't get played out such as Petunia's reaction to seeing Lily. With Sirius still alive and also with Harry heir to the Potter fortune, Lily should not have been concerned about money or having a place to live. However, I understand that was a way to get Snape and Lily under the same roof to move the plot along. Anyway it was a cute story and I liked the ending.
KraZiiePyrozHavemoreFun chapter 10 . 8/12/2014
Very cute
Figment chapter 10 . 7/23/2014
Good story - liked the initial plot. It felt a bit rushed at times though and I felt like there were a few elements left unexplored (e.g. the nature bond). Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading your Snily fic and thanks for sharing :)
It's OK chapter 3 . 7/7/2014
I really liked the first chapter of the story because it had a sort of dark undertone but tge rest of the story is just plain fluff. And none of the characters expressed any feelings and most of them were out of character (according to J.K. Rowling's characters). I'm prertt sure that Snape in real life wouldn't have said "I haven't sung since Lily died" as this was sort of a sentence that would have told every one listening that he had feelings for her. Also, wouldn't he denied what Petunia said about Lily and him given the circumstance he was in?
Yusuke Urameshi - Mazoku chapter 10 . 4/30/2014
Awesome!
eNough89 chapter 10 . 6/17/2013
So cute and sweet. :D
Guest chapter 10 . 3/3/2013
love it!
peanutbutterjamjellyyy chapter 10 . 9/4/2012
This is the first time I've ever read a Severus/Lily story and I really enjoyed it.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 8/13/2012
Nice ending. But neither Severus or Lily feel real. Neither one is facing the issues that separated them in the first place. What will Lily think when he goes back to being Head of Slytherin, with all those dreadful, horrible little Snakes?

What happens when Voldemort returns?

Nice bit of fluff, but like I said, doesn't feel real.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 8/13/2012
Why didn't Harry hex the stranger? Does he not have a wand any more? And why didn't Snape wake up much earlier? Was it necessary for Tobias to show up at all?
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 8/13/2012
One thing I've noticed is that in this story, as in many other Snape-mentors-Harry stories, is that Snape stops being Head of Slytherin and ends up de facto Head of Gryffindor (not that Minerva cares, as long as she has the title). I'm afraid this story has reached this territory now. Harry still hasn't resolved the jealousy issues over his mum keeping company with Snape, but he's suddenly much more mellow about it, even though Lily doesn't seem to spend much time with her son.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 8/13/2012
Lily isn't paying anywhere nearly enough attention to Harry, when you think about it. She's continuing the fun she had with Severus (and likely trying to put all the We All Had Fun With Snivellus stories she undoubtedly heard from the Marauders while married to James).

And frankly, Harry was a brat in canon. He really was. Once he learned that St. Albus would back him and not Snape in any confrontation, he took full advantage of it. Snape *had* to keep order in class, or watch it all go to heck when it appeared that a student had an immunity token from him.

I'm afraid that Severus is right; Lily loved/loves James. How can you love a bully and his victim at the same time?

You can't.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 8/13/2012
This is a good chapter, and everyone is happy and cheerful (ok, except for Tuney)...but none of this feels real. Lily and Severus have some real issues to work through; she loved/still loves someone who enjoyed roasting Snape at the end of his wand, and did *not* quit when he said he did. Lily doesn't seem to be able to understand that she chose James, not Snape, and was friends with Sirius Black, who tried to kill Snape at least once that we know of. Snape, of course, is used to being her doormat; so of course he's never going to say a word to rock the boat for now.

But eventually, they are going to talk about the kind of choices *Lily* made, and it won't be so pretty, because one day Severus is going to remember the way that Lily really treated him, and not the edited version in his brain.

As for Tuney, I don't blame her for wanting them out of her house. Given that Dumbles never asked them whether they wanted Harry or not to begin with, they were dragged out of their house, Vernon might have lost his job because of it, and now Lily and Severus are continuing the let's-bait-Tuney game they used to play, I am really not surprised Petunia wants her own place back.

If I were them, I'd move and not leave a forwarding address.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 8/13/2012
No Slytherins picked fights against members of the other three Houses.

-And of course no one ever picks fights against Slytherins and blames it on them, right?

Why on earth would Snape's mother leave _Lily_ money? The only reason I can think of is because she must have died before she learned how Lily dumped her son. I would have been outraged at that if I'd been Snape.

And I see Aurora has a somewhat more cynical view of things.

150 points to Gryffindor? Is Snape still Head of House for Slytherin, or has he forgotten all that?
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 8/13/2012
Nice Christmas-but Lily at Privet Drive? There will be lots of fireworks, and not just for New Year's Eve, I expect. And though Lily has started grieving for James, she isn't done yet.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »