Reviews for Marvel, His Name Was Marvel
Everlarkfan15 chapter 1 . 2/10
I really liked your story. I think his reaction when he heard Rue yell for Katniss was realistic. And his family andffriends reactions were good, understandable. But I should say, Katniss herself felt sorry for killing him. Or at least she said she couldn't hate him. I say this because people seem to think she killed him in cold blood or something.
Shannon Williams chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
This is really good and actually helped with an assignment I had to do
QuinnDeRavensborough chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
This was amazingly written- the emotions are beautifully and painfully portrayed, the organization of commentary after each of Katniss's quotes was a nice touch, and the fact that you humanized such a hateable character as Marvel really made this story stand out.
moonlight chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
i love marvel! i cried when he died and i've cried now when i read this...everyone hates marvel for killing rue, and they love katniss for murdering him. but both have killed for a living. both had a heart. both had a family. both had friends. both had a life. and now he doesn't have it anymore
lunadighiaccio chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
i cried
Amelya Amelia chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Hey I am writing a Marvel love story and if I could use you text it would be great and I would dedicate it to you because your text is amazing and you use words that I could not.
Fajuta chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
hey ;)

i begun to read your story here, found the story at and thought "let's read english" ... but my english is horrible (like you see here) and after a short time I changed to the german website, but I have to say YOU that your OS war ... (shit, I don't know enought english words to finde a good one) ... without words (am I able to say this in engish, I'm not sure, sorry)

haha, I am horrible. Bur back to your little story. But it wasn't really short. In german about 3,200 words, it's much for a OS but I read it and it feels like only seconds. It was absolutly ... beautiful? (not the right word, but it must be enought, I remember no better again).

Love it! Hope you have more storys and I hope someone translate it too ... ? waa, if not, I have to read it in english. scarry ;) I'm excidet if I'll understand something

my review is not really ...with really topic (wrong word, shit -.- ... ) but I LOVE YOUR OS. Should be enought.
Maybe you'll read some reviews in horrible english of me

bye, Fajuta ;)
Kassidy chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
That was great! I really enjoyed reading, although it made me cry xD You were very descriptive and precise! I loved it! :)
Foxface97 chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
your story is so wunderful*_* crying..
Marvel is one of my favourite characters in the Hunger Games and I think your story expresses all his feelings and his short life although we didn't know much about him. I think he's a great character and I'm totally in love with him haha :DD 3
Whatever, I#m from Germandy, I read your story and I cried:)
I have a question: Would it be okay for you if I translate your wonderful ff at , the german fan fiction archive? I think the german readers might be very happy with that:)) PLEEEEAAAASE! I love your story *_*
It'd be gorgeous if you answer my question, eh? :D:D

SibunaShannon chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
this is so amazing! Marvel is one of my favourite characters and I wish we could know more about him...
Becca chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
That made me cry.
readwritereview chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
The sentence, "Marvel, his name was Marvel" had a very...effective effect on readers like me. I tend to like such impactful statements.
It's been done before, but I like the way you quoted the books-it added to the effect of this piece of work.
This is a job well done!
Sallen chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
I've always liked Marvel the most - in the whole series! This is definitely one of the best I've ever read.
DarkWatersAhead chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
This is simply amazing. I really liked how you tied the quotes into it. It really showed that Marvel was more than just a Career who killed Rue. He was a real person who had a real family and a real life. Simply beautiful.

sea hunny chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
At this point in time, I am bawling... crying my eyes out... however you want to put it. I don't really cry like this, not from just reading things anyways, but now I am and it's all because this one particular story is just so wonderful. :)

I really like when people give careers lives, reasons, and otherwise just humanity. I think that is the reason I love the careers so much. There is just so much to explore with their lives.