Reviews for Curtain
duj chapter 3 . 11/13/2013
I'm not a fan of meddling-matchmaker stories in general, but this one is exceptional.
fan-rei chapter 3 . 5/7/2013
great story
you are really good at banter.
thank for sharing.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 9/16/2012
SEVERUS: (hesitatingly) Yes, you might feel a bit lost, at first. If you think you might enjoy …

HERMIONE: Yes!

SEVERUS: … dinner, I thought – or just drinks, perhaps…

HERMIONE: I'd love to. Either. Dinner.

-Heh. We can write the rest ourselves if we must, though I would certainly enjoy an epilogue, hint hint...

Lovely story, and I'm so glad both of them made their escape.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 8/30/2012
So there was absolutely no need to think of Miss Granger's delightful sense of humour, or of scenarios for unexpected photographs of her.

No need at all.

-No, never!

What, never?

Well, hardly ever...

And I can guess what the offer was. He should take it, he's been a prisoner of Hogwarts since he was eleven. I doubt Minerva will be surprised (if it wasn't her idea to begin with).
Light on the Horizon chapter 3 . 8/24/2012
Brilliant story :-)
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
She would want to clear his name – trust a Gryffindor. He might be a war hero.

-He still trusts Gryffindors, after all this time? Wait till he finds out what actually happened to his Slytherins (I do hope there are still some Slytherins, and not just Draco, and that Snape gets some time to worry about them. There are so many stories where Snape forgets about his own House and ends up de facto head of Gryffindor, at least for the Trio).

You mean the Slytherins risk being lynched on account of their being Slytherin. Don't worry. They'll survive. They're used to it, after all.

-I'm surprised that Minerva has the guts to say it has to change, given that she was just as bad as all the rest-chunking all the Slytherin children out of the castle because Parkinson couldn't keep her mouth shut. I do hope this is dealt with in the story-it would be disappointing for her actions to be ignored.

As for money, once Snape is in better shape, he could brew some of the rarer potions that would fetch a high price at market.

But frankly, it would do him no end of good to finally escape Hogwarts-he's been its prisoner with only a few years' letup since he was eleven.
monkeemary chapter 3 . 8/4/2012
I enjoyed this. The matter-of-fact coming together of two bright minds, the whole very idea of the calendar and Hermione's take on it, and how it was Minerva who was the ultimate Slytherin all along :) I wish you had more HH/SS, but I enjoyed your writing so much that I'm willing to give some of your other pairings a go!
Miravisu chapter 3 . 2/8/2011
Teehee, I particularly enjoyed the first installment!
heartmom88 chapter 3 . 2/6/2011
"I think you'll be better off playing with Miss Granger."

Indeed.

I believe that was Minerva's strategy all along! Thanks for a lovely Sunday giggle.

hm88
Laurel Tree chapter 3 . 2/6/2011
All youur Jane Austen-ey, angst-ty banter was great. A very nice wrap-up to this story and I look forward to a reading more from you.
moira of the mountain chapter 3 . 2/6/2011
Quite the little game our Minerva was playing - and very succesfully, it seems. She's managed to get two people she cares for onto the same chessboard - where they go from there - and what degreee of love grows out of it - is entirely their decision - but she's set things up for them nicely. The door is open - how they proceed, only time will tell.

I especially enjoy the insights pertaining to "our old selves" - no one comes through trial and trauma unchanged - thank god for that... how tedious that would be.
kitt46 chapter 3 . 2/6/2011
I really enjoyed this story. Especially liked the theater approach. All the best, Kitt
THD chapter 3 . 2/6/2011
Hi. I don't often review, but I felt I simply had to after reading Curtain. I quite enjoyed it, especially the banter between Severus and Minerva in the last chapter. You have a unique visage of what their relationship is, and it is a much appreciated one. Thank you for writing such an interesting literary piece. I am looking forward to reading more of this kind of work from you.

Your new fan,

Tao.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
really interesting beginning. you have a good way with words. I think you already know about your capable touch at dialogue.
Swallow B chapter 2 . 2/1/2011
This is when I am happy not to be at Hogwarts... Oh, wait it's happening everywhere else too. Sigh.

To be honest, I hesitated before reviewing this because I am allergic to HG/SS and all this exchange of smiles, etc, is making me cringe uncomfortably. Come on, Severus deserves better. Too bad Minerva is spoken for in this story. (Please, please, don't be offended, it's just my personal taste.)