Reviews for Curtain
Very Small Prophet chapter 2 . 1/30/2011
Of course Hermione would have made a superb Slytherin. Just ask Marietta Edgecombe about her complexion, or Dolores Umbridge about her horseback-riding, or Monica and Wendell Wilkins about their daughter, or Rita Skeeter about her fear of small enclosed spaces. Clearly, Miss Granger will do pretty much anything if she considers the cause sufficiently important.

And that’s not counting an ambition to be the best student in the history of Hogwarts, and an absolute hatred of coming in second to anyone in anything. An ideal Slytherin, had the political climate been different. She was clearly misplaced in Gryffindor, not because she lacked courage but because her intelligence and ambition were more important.
heartmom88 chapter 2 . 1/30/2011
Delivered as promised! Looking forward to the next installment!

Thanks for posting-

hm88
moira of the mountain chapter 2 . 1/30/2011
People are rarely more patronizing when they are carefully being unprejudiced, you mean? The some of my best friends are … attitude?

That is a priceless line - and so spot on !

I'm loving this tale - you know I'm usually gagged by the whole SS/HG bit but this is so plausible - a quiet sense of friendship growing on a foundation of newly discovered mutual respect and humor.

I'm off to look up the Pirelli calendar - and I'm intriqued as to the offer Severus is considering - perhaps he'll take up a post as professor at university and perhaps his developing fondness for Herm... er, Miss Granger will have it's opportunity to grow into whatever the Fates intend.
Laurel Tree chapter 2 . 1/30/2011
I never read Snape/Hermione stories (to twisted even for little ol' twisted me), but your tone is so perfect I just have to put this on story alert.
Laurel Tree chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Hahahah! LOL. That was hi-larious. Also, what a pleasure to read something with no grammatical or spelling errors. Your writing style is near perfection. Snape is not the only one who can do alliteration! Looking forward to the next installment.
abacab chapter 2 . 1/30/2011
Great. LIght-hearted. I'm curious what you're planning..
nuktos chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
This is hilarious, even when the bitter aftermath of the war seeps in. I love it, especially the masterful mix of drama and third person narration. I will be following the updates avidly! May your inspiration never fail you.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Oh, some good old Real Snape humour, after those (excellent) heavy stories, I thought. Humour, yes, but sharp-edged. A bit of satire. Pictures of a grinning Snape? Poor, poor Severus. He is right: Minerva is not exactly in her right mind. Nor is anyone.

My favourite lines (funny, but not):

"The Slytherins risk being lynched on account of their being Slytherin. Don't worry. They'll survive. They're used to it, after all."

and

"I'm a Shrieking Shack survivor."

(A reminder: Colin, as a Muggle-Born, was not at school during his last year.)
heartmom88 chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Looking forward to next Sunday! Thanks for posting.

hm88
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Oh you wonderful, wicked girl ! I just want you to know there is tea spluttered all over my computer keyboard now ! I HOWLED - and then right in the middle of it all, you seize my tender heart in a vice like grip and make me remember Colin... ? Poor Severus - like the rest of us, he doesn't stand a chance...
The Winterwitch chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Ah, this was such a lovely read! And of course I love all the action Minerva gets in it and feel confident adding it to the Minerva C2 for it, even if she's not a listed character.

Severus's observations about his surroundings are wonderful! :o)
26 | « Prev Page 1 2