Reviews for The Double Standard
bountypeaches chapter 1 . 9/3/2014

I could handle everything else in the arc, including the proposal, but this was just wrong.

Booth definitely has a double standard when it comes to Brennan. It wasn't so bad that he was trying to move on but he wasn't a good friend. Of course I think that was the point- If Booth had truly moved on he would've been able to be a better friend. But most of the arc was him trying to be someone he wasn't to prove he wasn't in love with Brennan anymore. It was always going to work out badly for him because he wasn't being true to himself. The scene where he tells Hannah, Brennan's feelings is indicative of that. It wasn't about Hannah. Booth wasn't hers. It was always about Brennan and his refusal to come to grips with his feelings.
BrennanBooth chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Great story!

I loved!
vampiresrockroza chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Update soon love it
musicnlyrics chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
I put this on my Favorite list..and I suspect on my update list, as well..

But I just reread it, and I wanted to tell you how awesome you did. Though the season has finished (and the new one's about to start), I like the angle you've taken in regards to this particular twist. Truly, an amazing job. :)
Bones0221 chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Wow! There's the feisty, kick-ass Brennan that we haven't seen in a few seasons! I wish one of them would step up to the plate and confront the other on the real show. Very well-written!
LJLanham chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Just read your AN about this story in the last chapter of "The Heart in the Vise." I can't believe I didn't review this little gem when you posted it. *knuckle slap*

This is amazing and so "right-on." I never realized how often he DOES use a double standard when it comes to Brennan. This was brilliant. I'd love to see you stretch it out to a longer story... I'd love to see his reaction to what she's said and how he goes about rectifying the situation. That said, it stands beautifully on its own, as well.

What I loved most was how "in control" Brennan was. She'd obviously given it a lot of thought and knew what she wanted to say. She presented it in a very logical, Brennan fashion while still displaying all the emotion that went into her conclusion... perfect.

As always, I love the "reality" you put in all your stories. This could have had a quick, fluffy ending... but it didn't- because it wouldn't. Brilliant.
itzalliballi chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
you really love the angst way too much! That was heartbreaking! The entire time I was like SAY SOMETHING! damnit.

i love you, poo! 3
marple chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Wow this was brilliant. You really nailed a lot of how he has failed her this season (there are more). He deserved to hear that and i am so happy that she could tell him and be the strong woman she is used to be.

I cant see how they are ever going to get it right again between them on the show. He treats both Brennan and Hannah real lousy.

It was well written and i look forward to see how you continue this. Thank you for sharing.
BlindAssassinUK chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
You know what I wish? I wish HH would hire you to write for his show. Everything that Brennan called Booth on rang true for me. Actually, it was kind of painful to read the list of ways Booth has cocked up. Brennan has her failings, but she is never less than honest (unless she's fibbing to spare someone else's feelings - e.g. the ending of "The Proof in the Pudding"), and I love her for that. Booth on the other hand is most certainly the more damaged, the more emotional reserved, despite surface appearances.

What I love about this chapter is that despite his failings being laid bare, and Brennan's continued anger and hurt, I found myself hurting more for Booth. I'm not sure if that was your intention...perhaps not...but reading all the ways in which he's messed up brought home to me just how fragile and lost he is. And how much he needs Brennan in his life, just as she needs him in hers.

Just a fab read, MM. Thanks for posting.
Bernieb206 chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
i'm loving this story, look forward to the next chapter.
sassybee chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Is there going to be more of this?
daffodil7511 chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Wow. I haven't ready any post-ep fics, either, but this is a doozy. I've been trying not to think about it too much (because it just caused too many mixed emotions, and yep, anger and disappointment were the top two), and I haven't watched it again, nor do I plan to, but you've certainly captured some of what I was feeling, wishing, and wasn't even thinking about in this one. It feels somewhat cathartic. I'm not sure where Brennan in the show stands about all of this. But I have to say, Brennan in this story sure stood up for herself. Good for her. :)
DBGrannyFan chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
This is Great...I wish they would have something like this on the show.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
wercomingup chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Oh my goodness, I am literally speechless as you have officially become my favorite author on FanFiction, OMG! I have felt this as I am sure many others have felt the same way. Her feelings are why so many of us are angry with Booth this season and I have only watched 1.5 episodes!

Its not necessarily that he has "moved on" its the double standard, he is the savior she is the wounded one needing a hand at every turn. It is the double standard! They are both screwed up, royally, but he gets the pass, well not anymore! Go Bren, Go!

Darn, you're good baby! Please write and post very, very, soon. Let's put Booth to work not only for Bren and their partnership, but for himself.

You are all of that and a bag of Doritos...
jenlovesbones chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Dude... Sign me up for more of that! If the show doesn't deal with each and everyone of these issues, it will have failed us, wholly. Excellent work!