Reviews for Reminiscence
PeacefullyJos chapter 39 . 12/25/2013
Amazing. Just... it was amazing, reading this I laughed, cried, and swooned over this pair.
PeacefullyJos chapter 33 . 12/24/2013
Loved this so much! I love jealous Chuck!
PeacefullyJos chapter 31 . 12/24/2013
loved this last part so much! Loved it.
PeacefullyJos chapter 15 . 12/20/2013
Loved it!
suspensegirlinc chapter 28 . 8/27/2012
It seems I’ve become a masochist. I went to see what your author’s note would prescribe & then I was reading it and I couldn’t stop myself. First scene isn’t as painful as maybe I suspected it might be. I’m glad you mentioned the awkward elevator ride. I felt it. It was so obvious. It was just so horrible that he was really in on it the whole time. *shudders* I shall continue.

He’s so sure of himself. *sigh* Just so sure. You emphasize how they love each other, over and over throughout all these chapters, but it’s just so twisted & painful that it almost doesn’t seem real. Like…how could he do this to her? I mean, I know why he did. I get it. But it’s just so awful. And the fact that he’s so sure of them, even as she’s broken down and crying in front of him, and he stands there stone cold, acting like what he did was completely justified…and then there’s this side of him, the side that insists that they love each other and they’ll get past this. That there are no limits. It’s the truth, but it shouldn’t have to be tested like this. It’s so awful. It makes me want to have him lose her for good – or at least temporarily I want it (XD), just so he wouldn’t take advantage of her love for him, just so he’d see that it’s not justified in the least, that just b/c she’ll never stop loving him doesn’t mean he can do this to her, needing his “dead” father’s approval or not. *sigh* Thank god he finally comes around…2 seasons later. *gulp*

“I knew there was a possibility.” That one line just really sticks out to me. She knew Chuck Bass could break her heart all over again, and that it would be worse than before, but she still risked it, b/c she just loves him that much & Jack doesn’t get it. No one really does. That line…amidst all the angst and the horribleness and how much you focus on the horribleness & get me near tears & yet still needing to read on at almost 2 in the morning…I just admire it. It’s a beautifully concocted line & part of the content that I can really appreciate for the first time in about 4 chapters.
suspensegirlinc chapter 27 . 8/27/2012
*sobbing* I can’t…I just…no.

I…*trying to form words* *seemingly unable to* It’s so wrong how he starts thinking it’s her fault that he feels guilty about hurting her, like she forced him to betray her somehow. But I’m not angry at him, not where I would yell & scream at him for his betrayal. I’m just disappointed. He’s so lost, and they’re so torturous. Even though I know they’re meant to be and that they get past this, at moments like these I just want them to be done, b/c it hurts so much to watch them tear each other apart & know it’ll be MONTHS before they can actually build each other up again. *sigh* How awful. Just….so SO awful.

*slow, heavy exhale* I think I’m gonna need to read the next chapter right now, just to see if it can reconcile any of the murderous reading I’ve just put myself through. *gulp*

*suddenly realizes there's ANOTHER chap for this ep* Then again I might just spare myself. It's almost 2 in the morning & I have classes tomorrow.
suspensegirlinc chapter 26 . 8/27/2012
I’m going to break down crying. This is just too much! I think I might have to read the next chapter after this tonight, just to get me through this episode you wrote on! *takes deep breaths* Just…first it was 2x15 and then 2x16 (which was a GREAT episode btw) & you don’t even know how BEYOND glad I am that Jack & Blair shared little to no interaction. I just…*sigh* it’s just so depressing. It still amazes me how I made it through S2 AT ALL.

Second scene makes me shudder, as you probably suspected it would (or should have at least). It just…ugh. I actually started liking Jack at the end of S4, but going back to this is just so AWFUL. The way Jack thinks about them like they’re doomed to fail b/c of how much they love each other, that it’s their downfall. I remember how terrible I felt during this time. I just wanted it to be over. I didn’t want the threat of them never really being okay again. I just…*shudders* well written is I guess all I can say, b/c the content itself is KILLING me. You’re SO good at angst. It should be a sin, just so I can save myself.

I’m not sure how much more of this I can take. I’m THIS close to crying – over fictional characters. *blank stare* WHAT HAVE I BECOME?! *sigh* Such is the curse of being a CBer. *shakes head* Great chapter, but again, strictly b/c it’s so well written. *gulp*
suspensegirlinc chapter 25 . 8/27/2012
Omg. That first scene. *grimaces* (hope you don’t get offended by all my sobbing & complaining btw. JaB just gets me so worked up. I can’t stand it.) I’m SO sick of the Jack/Blair stuff, even if you’re clearly in love with it. *sigh* I am trying to be brave. I am trying really, REALLY hard. I just hate getting inside Jack’s head when it comes to Blair, how he’s drawn to her, how he wants her, and how he loves watching her boil, especially when it comes to destroying Chuck. Aside from that last point, it’s very similar to how Chuck operates & that’s what kills me most. God, THIS episode was just so awful. *gulp* On to the next scene…

Oh wow…that second scene. How crushing. His inner struggle. I’m sure that’s how it was. I know that’s EXACTLY how it was. Because even as I was so horrified by what Chuck had done in 3x17, I understood why he did it, and that made it even worse. It’s good to see him feeling in this scene though. His emotions seemed so vacant, and just…gone. Until his moment of realization at the very end. *sigh* Very well written. Extremely tragic.

I don’t know what to do with that last scene. It was definitely tragic, I just don’t know how much. It leaves me with an uneasy feeling, but then so do all of these chaps revolving around Jack and Blair’s association. *gulp* I think I might try out one more chap & then I’m done for the night.
suspensegirlinc chapter 24 . 8/27/2012
*sigh* Okay. First scene. At first I was just beyond relieved to see that Jack wasn’t in the scene whatsoever. But then you just dug into Chuck’s feelings & it made me break all over again. It was just so awful. Despite the fact that I was beyond upset in the episode when he basically ripped out her heart & stomped all over it in the previous scene, I felt for Chuck so badly here. Because Jack took her, just like Chuck had taken her when she’d left Nate. It’s so repetitive, just like it was with Jenny, even if things obvs turned out for the better, b/c CB just fit. They’re just meant to be. Setting the same scenario up with just different people doesn’t equal the same result. Because it’s THEM, not how it happened. They’re inevitable. *sigh* But I still cringe. And Nate telling Chuck that he thinks no one can make her happier just feels off to me. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I think he was pretty team CB once he got over B in 1x18ish & sometime after their break-up in S2, but…*sighs & shakes head* I just don’t know. Up until recently on the show, everyone that seemed to root for them always had their moments of doubt. And it was usually (and I only say that b/c I can’t recall a time when the blame was put on Blair – though maybe S’s speech at the end of 4x20 was a time & throughout S5 too probably, heh) Chuck that got the hit. Sure they all know deep down that CB are it for each other. But…*shakes head* nvm. I’m rambling now, and I’m on the verge of tears. Should NOT have started reading Jack/Blair stuff right before bed, but…*gulp* on I go.

That second scene takes my breath away. Just…wow. I started out calm, then got angry and upset, but by the end of it I was feeling some sort of easing peace. I don’t know how to describe it. But it was good, and I’m a little less closer to crying than I was before. ;)
suspensegirlinc chapter 23 . 8/27/2012
...
suspensegirlinc chapter 22 . 5/17/2012
Well, this was a great chapter. )
suspensegirlinc chapter 21 . 5/17/2012
Interesting chapter. I liked it. heh. I never considered CB just not being together immediately after the 2x25 ILY. I didn't think B would scamper off just b/c she slept w/ him. It was like...making it official somehow. lol. Idk. Anyways, great chap. Liked the first one alot too. XD
suspensegirlinc chapter 20 . 5/16/2012
Wow...well, congratulations, this chap really was amazing. Especially those last few lines. Leaves me speechless for at least a few moments. heh. Breathtaking. Great, great, wonderful job. heh.

And now I go to sleep. XD
suspensegirlinc chapter 19 . 5/16/2012
oh...*sighs contently* I really liked the last one. )
suspensegirlinc chapter 18 . 5/16/2012
you know, it is really interesting that you have Nate be so into Serena & yet feel so threatened/jealous that his BFF & his gf are comfortable with each, friends even. heh. Though, I suspect in this last scene it was during that period of time that Nate still loved Blair enough to want to be with her and just fantasize about Serena in the back of his mind. heh. Anyways, great chapter. On to the next! D