Reviews for 51 Cordon Bleu
FlaFan chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
This story is making me hungry! Great piece! :D
hildae chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
I liked it, This was hilarious! hahaha poor Johnny no milk.
A Lee En chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Great story! Loved it.

And yep, ya gotta pay it forward!
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This was hilarious! Thank you!
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
How have I not reviewed this one already?

Having actually eaten all of those things Carol Freeman made for the crew (and what's more, liked them) I guess I didn't find the food as horrific as her making Marco throw out the taco meat (what a waste!) and her throwing out all the milk. Did she stop to think that these guys paid for that food? On a fireman's salary? What really horrified me was how she spoke to them and ordered them around as if they didn't have other jobs to do; that really annoyed me, on the guys' behalf.

But this story was wickedly funny. I loved the guys *trying* to get a call when it was time to eat. Loved Chet saying that his sandwich needed a shave (he should know!). Loved the plays on 'polite and interested.' And of course, especially loved how the Fire Department takes care of its own by 'rescuing' A-shift from the Vegan lady with the kind of food that makes Mike Morton shudder.

Oh, and Cap says to tell you to quit aging him before his time. He was only 37 in 'The Great Crash Diet" Season 5.
robertwnielsen chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Very good...and highly entertaining. No part really stood out - I loved the whole thing. XD

Robert
CapLovesHankandKel chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Line of the story:

Marco muttered to himself as he slammed the car door with a knee. "Doesn't she know we have to have energy? Bunny chow isn't energy. I'd like to see her handle a deuce-and-a-half for more than five seconds."

LOVE IT! And I could actually *hear* Marco saying that! Funny story. The dietician was obnoxious off the scale and I can imagine the whole crew wanted to throw her out of there more than once!

So glad the other station pulled them out of eating it at the last second! Good for them!
jquist chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Fun one! Oh yes, flatulence...men fart, women fluff.

Loved all the banter between them all! You served up quite a delightful dish!
jada951 chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
what a fun story!

your character interaction is fun and you have the personalities nailed!

I had to laugh at their hoping on the jinx of being toned out at meals.

and boy, Johnny must have been feeling feisty to say,

"And another thing! She says our equipment is 'minimalist' and 'abused,' all persnickety-like. Well if she wants to see some equipment that's not so minimalist—"

great fun!

VBG!
Ginger S chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Hey...Johnny and Roy cheated! LOL!

Poor Chet got in trouble...latrines again! But honestly, I wouldn't want to be in the dorms with them after all those beans either.

Loved Ms. Freeman, but I bet Johnny won't be very happy with no milk. :O)

Great original hilarious idea. LOVED IT!
Bamboozlepig chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Great funny story, Kelmin! I needed a good laugh and I got one! You have the guys down perfectly, I could see Johnny eating the casserole in the end and actually liking it...after all, he did like Roy's Beef Barfola in 'Cook's Tour'. Nice of 85's to come to their rescue and save them from the dreaded dietician lady's nutritious meal, hope they do pay it forward.
Dianne chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Thanks so much for the laughs! You made my day. Your stories are very high quality and I haven't laughed out loud while reading a story for a long time. I'm a vegetarian too, but not a vegan. I'm working on it but I love cheese ... I haven't eaten meat since I was nineteen which is too many years ago to discuss. Anyway, the characters were magnificently in character in this story and I loved how you included all of them. Your chef is a wonderful original character. A very refreshing read.
RosalindB chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
This was hysterical! The chef was a hoot. I've dealt with people like that before. And the other station chipping in was a nice touch.
mstaz308 chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
I can just imagine the boys eating vegetarian fare. I don't think it would go over very well for meat and potatoes men. Most of my friends, on the local fire department, would rather starve than eat vegetarian. I can entice them into eating a couple of my vegetarian main courses that have cheese in them. I do eat dairy products. But they have to have a burger to eat with my spicy pasta bake. I don't think they'd touch my vegetarian chili with a ten foot pole though...even though it is very good. It was dinner tonight!
The Delirium Threemen chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
LOL Poor boys at the mercy of that chef. I really enjoyed this.

TDT