Reviews for Life, Love, and After Death's Done Its Part
sapphireswimming chapter 8 . 6/2/2011
Haha. Wow. Yes. This worked surprisingly well. I was not expecting this pairing at all, but it worked. Of course, it was one sided (poor poor misguided Lancer) but the internal monologue really got his feelings across. And this did make the episode make a whole lot more sense. I really liked how you gave the reason for Spectra's actually getting the job at Casper High when as a ghost it would be hard to have the right contacts and references.

Wow. Yeah. That was good. :D

sapphireswimming chapter 7 . 6/2/2011
Wow. I haven't read too much Tucker x Sam, and I don't really intend to because it just feels so wrong. But I liked what you did with it here. It was really one-sided and Sam was the clueless one this time. I really liked how slowly Tucker took everything and how he didn't really make it real because it wasn't what Sam wanted and it wouldn't have been fair to do that to Danny. But he got hurt in the end all the same.

He's so often left out of Danny and Sam's relationship and just tags along as the third wheel. It was really really sad that he was here too, even when it would have been the time to have something for himself. He is so selfless.

The ending was so bittersweet for me, because it turned out well for everyone else, but Tucker was almost heartbroken. It was just so sad to see him sitting there, trying not to let it get to him when it obviously was.

Thanks for the read. I really enjoyed it.

Kittyclaw chapter 8 . 6/1/2011
Love it. I really liked this episode, so it's awesome getting to see it explored in pairing form :] And, like the last chap, I also love seeing pairings done in not so traditional ways-like this, with a crack pairing that's not being treated like, well, crack. Fabulous, fabulous. I can't wait to see more :D
Kittyclaw chapter 7 . 6/1/2011
So, apparently I'm not getting the alert emails for this for some reason. So evil. But I digress.

So so so awesome. I love that you didn't do Sam and Tucker as a straight couple, but more the idea of a couple. It's really cool, and a nice alternative to the plain old one friend gets the girl, the other gets heartbreak. Fabulous.

Also, not sure if I reviewed the last chapter or not...but also fabulous. I love Tucker at the end most of all XD
sapphireswimming chapter 6 . 5/30/2011
It's good to finally get some Danny x Sam as you simply can't have a romance collection without the basic cannon pairing. I must say, I was not expecting it to happen on facebook, though. And I didn't see anything wrong with the wording of anything facebook related. That was quite clever, although it could have backfired quite epically in Danny's face.

I was actually a bit surprised at Sam's reaction. I think that she would have accepted the fact that they are dating (of course, because she's wanted it too), but I think she would be upset that Danny didn't talk to her first or do it face to face. I think that would be important for her. Of course, I like the way that you crafted this story too, where she leads him along thinking that she knows nothing and then is completely fine with everything. I could see that happening as well. Sam's devious and teasing nature coming out...

The Tucker / Valerie scene at the end was really funny too. I think that wrapped everything up quite nicely. :D

Another nice one. I am really enjoying this collection.

sapphireswimming chapter 5 . 5/29/2011
Ouch. Poor Sam. Her love life in the show is seriously messed up. Everything in this piece just reaffirmed that fact. How she desperately wants someone to like her and how awesome Gregor was except for the fact that he was a complete fake.

I actually liked how concise and compact this was. It mirrored her reflection with the guy.

Yeah, this chapter left me feeling all empty and depressed inside. But I think that was a good thing. XD

sapphireswimming chapter 4 . 5/29/2011
I actually really like this chapter. Quite a bit.

I do understand what you mean about something sort of missing from it and I'm not able to put my finger on it either. But I like the overall construction and feeling of the piece as it progresses.

At first, I thought it was going to be Tucker, but then it made more and more sense for it to be Dash.

I liked the ambiguity a lot though. And the faraway standoffish adoring but not quite romance. I think it worked a lot better this way than if you actually described their relationship after this point.

You work really well with pointing to a feeling or an event without ever describing it. It's hard to do effectively, like from an outsider's point of view or just setting up a relationship to know what would happen after you stop, but you do it. Nice job.

sapphireswimming chapter 3 . 5/28/2011
The title on this one was absolutely perfect. :D

Tucker x Jazz is a really interesting pairing. I haven't seen too much of it done yet and it's easy to mess up since there's such a fine balance between friendship, affection, and the fear of Danny finding out. :) But I think you carried it off well here. They are so sweet together and you are rooting for them the whole time.

I really liked the bit at the end from Maddie's point of view. Haha. It's always fun when she knows something that no one thinks she knows. And good for her, keeping watch for them.

sapphireswimming chapter 2 . 5/27/2011
Ah. I really enjoyed how this one turned out. The story telling through Sam watching with her own strong opinions on the sideline was a really interesting view and effective technique.

Ember's back story was really interesting, but it definitely didn't feel like an overload of information like it can so easily become. So congrats on avoiding that pitfall. :)

I felt really, really bad for Sam in this piece. I think you can't help it since you are seeing all of the events through her eyes, but the Danny x Ember worked really, really well. I haven't read much of that pairing, but this was a good one-shot.

More later...

sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Nice. I really like this first chapter.

The pacing and descriptions worked well together and didn't go too fast or seem too forced, so that was good.

The pairing itself worked really well, I thought. I always like seeing Valerie's interactions with Phantom. They are so complex, but if someone just gives that girl a whack on that thick skull of hers, like Danny did in this story, and she can start on a new slate, there are quite a few possibilities. It was great that you could start exploring them here.

I was sort of put off while wondering where Phantom got so much money and how he had an account as a ghost, and then how he was able to fit so many papers into the petals of a rose. But all is fair in the hands of an author, so I didn't worry too much and just enjoyed the story for what it was.

The events in the plot really allow Valerie to get started back on her feet with all of her lessons learned and without the negative qualities that have hounded her character throughout the show. So many possibilities!

And yes, I really liked that concluding sentence. A fun oneshot!

DBack47 chapter 8 . 4/4/2011
Wooooahuoghat! That came out of my blind spot, did not see it coming WHAT so ever! Yet it actually makes sense. Somebody had to hire Spectra, and why not the dog wagging, drooling male teacher?

Um...thank you for credit? As realistic as this is, considering I am a boy and understand what it is to drool at girls (oh trust me, I do it every day) its the kind of matter that can put me...Lancer in a rehab center (if it goes that far)

Please, I don't mean to set off any touchy feelings here. Beauty is only skin deep! As hard as it is to realize sometimes for us boys, some of us are NOT all drool and instinct. Thankfully, as the chapter is aptly named, Lancer kept it buried and "Strictly Professional" so excellent story. Come to think of it, its the only Spectral pairing that is believable without some twisted, sicko story. One thing I will like to point out is just how bare you left the story. I wasn't even aware that it was Spectra till the last few words, but then again, you did write less that 400 words. My only advice is pack in the description and exercise the impact of the story to its full potential. Not that the reader is incapable of thinking what you are, but always make sure the detail and description is adequate. Still, fine writing as usual and Lancer was perfect. The pinnacle of the chapter was how Lancer was in character and VERY realistic. Hey, he's a boy too, and I am glad you gave him typical boy instincts. Cause otherwise...let's not go there okay?

PS: NO I AM NOT A TWISTED WHORE! DON'T YOU DARE GET HUNG UP ON MY WORDS 'I do it everyday' because NO! I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD A GIRL FRIEND AND EVEN I DID...alright calm down DBack, I just want to clarify that I am not a online predator of any sort, nor do I do illicit things. I am just a boy and I cannot help my boyish attractions at highschool. Its like girls having vivid imaginations when the picture of Jacob Black is passed around. kay? See ya, I mean write you around!

PPS: I'm really sorry if what I wrote was a little strong, so yell at me if you wish.
Codiak chapter 8 . 4/4/2011
I was not expecting this one. LOL. ;)
The-Lost-Wanderer-07 chapter 8 . 4/3/2011
Interesting... never really would have thought of this coupling. Definitely a crack-pairing of this show's universe. But be careful with the crack pairings, most people get turned off from readings those. There's a chance of people actually liking them too though. I mean look at Nonny the Anon One. She practically got the Tucker and Jazz pairing off the ground. And it wasn't a canon pairing.

Anyways twas a fun read! Keep up the good work.
The-Lost-Wanderer-07 chapter 7 . 3/30/2011
Ohhh! I really liked this chapter. To be honest I was a really strict DxS, but I've mellowed out in the end. But those two are always going to be my OTP. Anyways awesome chapter, I had a feeling he'd fall for her. Either I'm getting better at predicting these kind of things, or your writing is so good that I picked up on the little hints. :)

I don't think your last couple chapters were crappy, rushed... maybe? But definitely not 'CRAPPY'. I rather much enjoyed these two chapters, thank you very much. :)

Now if your writing continues to get more awesome-er, I might have to add you the favs.

Ah! One quick thing. I think it be super stellar if you changed the ages on these pairings. You know, instead of keeping them in high school maybe have them in college? You could write them as young adults, or possibly elderly? Who know except you, but it be really fun as a read to see that.
Codiak chapter 7 . 3/30/2011
Poor Tucker!

And may I say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY(EARLY...)!

Also, my friend's birthday is on April 1. Yeah. It was hilarious when I tried telling my other friend...