Reviews for Meet Me On the Equinox
dragonbreather4568 chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
I am fighting tears. That was beautiful. I did not listen to it with the song that you were inspired by, however. I am in love with the soundtrack to this movie and I read it to the third track on the album, Lonely Christmas. If you don't remember it you should look it up.
CarminaxBuranax chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
My heart was pounding so hard when I read this, and it is so sad. I can't bear it. I don't know how you write these things without going insane.
smartyjonescrzy chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Oh, God, I'm soooo happy I stumbled upon this! This was absolutely beautiful! I am so immensely proud of you for writing this - every word was perfect! Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT!

I can only guess this means you've somehow gotten hold of Blue-Eyed Child of Fortune. There was so much in here that made me think of it. You captured Robert's and Annie's intimate relationship perfectly - and Robert's premonitions about his death and his feelings toward it were perfect. He knew he was going to die in the assault on Fort Wagner. He seemed really sick about it for a few days, then, right before the day of reckoning arrived, he seemed to come to terms with it all and take it in stride - transcending in very short order from scared boy to brave man to gallant hero. You captured this brilliantly! Bravo!

You got Annie's devotion nailed about as good as anyone could - her voice is muted, of course, because Robert honored her wishes by destroying every letter she wrote to him immediately after he read it. But you knew it had to be intense - she survived him by nearly forty years and died still as his widow shortly after the turn of the century. Her devotion had to be deep. I love how you perfectly captured her heart going with Robert to the grave.

It was funny how you mentioned meeting Lincoln as one of Robert's regrets. Did you know that Robert actually DID get to meet the president? It was in his pre-54th days, shortly after he'd joined the war effort and was stationed in DC as part of the 7th New York. He knew a friend, who knew a friend, who was the drinking buddy of someone who slept with someone's ex-wife...j/k. ;) Anywho, he somehow managed to meet the President, who received him and one of his regimental friends in the Oval Office. Robert described in one of his letters how brilliant Lincoln was, and how well-spoke he was, too (not at all like them Illinois country-folk he thought the President would resemble). He also stated in said letter that it was such a pity, as Lincoln had to be one of the ugliest men he'd ever seen! How's that for funny trivia?

Have I told you just how much I LOVED this wonderful little piece! Added to Favorites! This just rocked, everything was terrific, well-researched, beautiful, poetic...and heart-breaking. A DAYUM FINE piece of writing. This is incredible. You ROCK! :D

smarty
dress4m chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
This was really good, and when I saw you'd posted a new story I was pumped! (I love all of your stories, by the way) i really like the feeling and emotion behind his words in his last letter to Annie.