Reviews for This Deadly Innocence
nhrc chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
as i wrote once before:

I have no words to declare
Just that I'm all bitter weeping
Your novel left me only Feelings & water
* * * * * * *
And a little jealous that what happened three times that night (and again in the morning) - you have saved for yourself.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
I am stunned... it was so incredibly intense... the ramifications for the Vulcan future. I keep thinking ahead to the Kohlinahr, and I feel sick. The destruction of the planet and the culture in ST:2009 is a mercy killing.

Sorry for the downer. It was an amazing story. Incredibly thought provoking.

-ADROSC-
HyenaGreyscale chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
You... vile... vile author. Hour i have spend reading, laughing aloud, and crying over this story, AND I GET NO LEMONS?! Vile.

Guest chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
OMG! I love this story! So thank you. I tracked it down on the internet yeeears ago because it was recommended someplace, and I'm too old to be a ridiculous fangirl, but there you go.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I read the whole thing and the emotional experience is amazing. You paint a very real portrayal of what it's like to love someone and spend time with them deeply trying to forge a spiritual marriage. I love this story.
Nichalia chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Interesting story. There are a few inaccuracies, and the two characters are somewhat AU and very... Young-seeming?... A cute read, anyway!
Snakequeen-in-Norway chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
My first thought when McCoy presented his ideas to Jim was that that is exactly what WE have been doing to them, and to other characters, as long as we (as writers) have been writing this kind of thing. I ADORE the only-realize/express-how-one-character-feels-about-another-when-one-almost-dies idea. I'm a sucker for sickfics. I thrive on this kind of stuff, and you've kind of just pointed out to me what kind of rather twisted stuff it really is. Not that that's a bad thing. In fact, the premise allowed for the K/S stuff to work in a way that it often just doesn't. Although it obviously became physical slash, it focused firstly on the emotional connection that they have, regardless of whether the line is crossed into actual slash or not. There were parts of it that were a little clunky (& I'm not quite sure why Jim had to laugh like a character from an Archie comic) but the level at which you sustained it for such a long period of time was quite good. I have yet to try working with these characters outside of my head (though I very well might) but I know that they are very difficult characters to work with because the precision required is immense.

Oh, I really liked the way you did Spock's trains of thought too.

I would very much like to see them return to Bones after this though.

-SQ
Zephairy chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
This story is so sweet! The idea how Spock and Jim express their love for each other unconsciously is kind of unique. Never read anything like it before. Also the development of their relationship is explained pretty well and in much detail.

Thank you for sharing this!
KrissyNightwish17 chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Excellent story. Fascinating and so well written. :-) I'd just like to know how McCoy and the rest of the Enterprise crew react.
Yossarian22 chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
This was really good! I really enjoyed it! What I likdd most was that for the most part, they were pretty much in character, which is obviously a challenge a lot of people face when writing Kirk/Spock. I just wish you would have tied it up a little better. The ending was a bit anticlimatic.
Lizzy0305 chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
I wanted to say so many things while reading.. I wanted to tell how much I love your style of writing, how much I laughed sometimes (oooh McCoy, I just love him), how beautiful this story was and a lot of other things. But now I'm speechless. Only thing I can say is amazing. Truly amazing. I've never read anything like this before...
Kayleigh-talitha chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I have read this on the K/S archive and never left you something. I'm glad I can rectify the situation now because it deserves its praises.

I don't even know where to start, your characters are true to as they should be, you write fluently and detailed with such flair for beauty I often reread sentences just to enjoy them again. My favourite part had to be about Jim's height, or more, lack thereof. I rp Jim and I have him wear the heeled boots as well and Spock's realisation and sudden urge to protect was so adorable!
Rhumba2 chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your stories today.

You write lyrically and with great intensity - it was an absolute pleasure to read them and this one

- thoughtful, sensitive and seriously, wonderfully beautiful.

Thank you for putting these up.
DammitJim chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Really sweet! Loved the little dinosaurs and mammoths!
Spockaholic chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
I know I already have access to this fic on the K/S Archives, but nevertheless, I was immensely thrilled to see it posted here. This was one of the first pieces of fanfiction I ever read, and to this day it remains the one that I recommend to people looking for amazing stories.

There are probably about a zillion wonderful things I could say about this story, but for me the one thing that keeps me reading it over and over again is the beauty and dignity you bring to the K/S relationship. As much as I enjoy a good smut story once in a while, there is something to be said about a relationship grounded on trust and affection. It's stories like this that helped me to see slash fiction as more than just a novelty, and I honestly believe that I would never have even attempted to write for the K/S fandom if I did not have touchstones such as this fic to inspire me. Thank you so much for posting it here :)