Reviews for Dazed and Confused
rizlow chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
This story was recommended to me during a discussion on Dark Side of the Moon-I absolutely love it! I have always been so upset with Sam in that episode, and never thought of the angle that maybe their memories were manipulated to hurt each other. I love that thought, and I'll be thinking of that the next time I watch that episode. It actually brought tears to my eyes when I read that Sam had the amulet... Wonderful story, you write the brothers so well. Thanks for an eye-opening point of view!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Oh man, I love all of the things you've done here. First of all, I wondered what might go down with Walt and Roy after they killed the Winchesters. Dean going after them like this? I was waiting to see that, even if it didn't end the way Dean was expecting. And the numb emptiness inside him at the beginning where his emotions have switched off and he just doesn't care anymore came across perfectly and very believably.

And then they walk into this den of demons and it's not what they were prepared for and Dean was going to sacrifice himself, as always, but it was different this time and he expected Sam to walk away (like that would ever happen) and was actually surprised when he came back and did the exorcism and then they were able to somehow get out of there and then Dean understood when he saw the amulet (YES, I couldn't believe that he dropped it in the first place but Sam wouldn't have left it there, no) and it just all fit together so perfectly.
zekeschance chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
I can't believe I hadn't seen this story before now! You brought up all the points I thought of when I saw that devastating episode. Granted, those were moments in Sam's life that happened but I don't think those would have been his "heaven" moments. And Mary and John fighting in Dean's heaven? Would not have happened. So thankful you brought all of that up. I would have thought at that point Dean would have figured out he was being manipulated but he never did. And just decided to give up on Sam. But your story spelled it out and brought them back together in true Winchester fashion. You conveyed how they can say so much to each other with just a few words. And Dean catching sight of the amulet around Sam's neck? Pure genius and I know Sam would not just let the symbol, and all he basically has left, of their brotherhood stay in the trash. Just a very unique and Winchester style of writing and I loved. Thank you so much.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Great story. I just wish you could have wrote the fight with the demons at Pastor Jim's place. Now that would have been awesome. But it is still good.
azerjaban chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Amazing story. I love the depth of emotions you show. The descriptions of Deans and how it progressed throughout the story. Great characterization too. Thnx for the amazing read.
Zyanya chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
That's what we need a good fixing between those two, that's why we really need a seventh season...you really have a great imagination...:)
amyblair chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Lovely job - I liked the Duke Boys reference. Made me smile, although for some reason the Impala morphed into the General for a few seconds in my mind...

I enjoyed how Dean's opinion changes over this story, how pain gets healed a little. I loved the brief glimpse of the amulet (I truly hope that it returns before season 6 ends) and I like how you had Sam say that it wasn't his Heaven. That they were trying to split them up.

Honestly, I really think this needs a Chapter 2. I think you've only done it once or twice in all your writing, but this... I want to know how they get rid of the demons on their tail. I want to know what happens when they get to Blue Earth. I want to know more. Which may be the point. But, really, I want to know.

Great story. And I'm adding a story alert, you know, just incase you take my advice. :)
Disneymagic chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Dean's devestation after their trip to heaven was so heart-breaking. You could actually see all his hope and his faith in Sam draining out of him. You did a fantastic job of getting into Dean's mind at that point and showong how empty of everything he was, how utterly emotionless he felt.

And of course Sam wouldn't leave him to a pack of demons. The fact that he didn't know that just shows how broken he was by then.

Both brothers have had their moments of giving up, luckily they don't happen at the same time.

Enjoyed this! Thanks.
SensiblyTainted chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Lol! I was wondering when someone would point that out. That it wasn't Sam's heaven anymore than that was Dean's... I wish they had said so in the show, but it was totally abandoned. Sucks. But this version totally redeemed that episode for me. Thanks!
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Awesome bridge between Dark Side of the Moon and 99 Problems. I’d hoped someone would ‘fill in the blanks’ that led to that amazing chase scene which launched ‘99.’ Thanks for granting that wish. *g*

Thanks also for having Sam pick up the amulet; I think we’re all hoping that happened –it’ll be interesting to see if Gamble & Co. are of the same mind.

Loved how you climbed inside Dean’s head in this fic, especially when he was at such a low point in his relationship with Sam. But, despite all the crap they go through – or, perhaps, especially because of it – the love is still there and comes roaring to the fore when Sam is threatened. You captured Dean, and all his complexities, perfectly.

Heart-rending, but incredibly satisfying at the same time.

Cheers, Sculls
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Wonderful story. I loved that you expanded on how Dean felt dead inside. When he walked out of that motel room, it was written all over his face. Famine realized how empty Dean was, and watching Sam's memories, and God's disengagement sealed the deal.

Loved the twist that demons were in the cabin instead of Walt and Roy. I would have loved to see if Dean would have gone through with his threat to kill them, though.

So glad that Sam stuck by Dean and found a way to help him even if he got himself injured in the process. Too bad we aren't witnessing that this season with SoullessSam so far.

As always, fabulous writing. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. The episode ending just begged for a tag such as this. Until next time...
Landwing chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Yeah, the whole time during this episode, it really felt like a nasty set-up. They got to "Heaven", and I kept thinking, 'This isn't Heaven. This is a slide show with a side of "Meet Joe Black"!' One thing that pretty much anyone who believes in Heaven looks forward to is reuniting with loved ones who died before you and knowing they're there and will never go away again. So when Dean found himself alone without Sam, the warning bells went off and kept going off. Plus, the memories kept doing a compare-and-contrast thing between Sam's motivations and Dean's. Basically, I figured that it was Zachariah manipulating things in order to split Sam and Dean up again, as you said. Unfortunately, I realized Dean would be more susceptible to Zachariah's manipulations than Sam would. And the end of the episode showed that. This was a good bridge between the two episodes. I really wondered if Dean at least would go after the two hunters that shot them. And in the following episode I wondered how they'd wound up with so many demons on their tails. I was grateful that you and many other authors had at least Sam hold onto the necklace, even if it wouldn't help Castiel find God anymore. Maybe Dean's not ready to even want it back yet, but it's good that you have Sam refusing to let even the symbol of their brotherhood be thrown away. It sets the stage nicely for Dean refusing to let Michael in at the last second. I still maintain that the biggest draw of this series for me was seeing the Winchester brothers' relationship done right. Once they lose sight of that, I will stop watching the show and turn to the fanfiction out there to find it again. And that's just how it'll be. So, yet again, well done.
Illucida chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
This was nice. I loved the ending. Kinda got me chocked up.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
I. LOVE. THIS!

Thank you for dealing with that episode in a very logical way. Show leaves so much out, but then that does leave room for awesome fic. :D

Dean's emptiness at the beginning here makes perfect sense after what we saw. We know, too, that Sam isn't the same person he was in those memories of his. He grew up in every way. We always hurt the ones we love, tho, and bless him for trying so hard to make it up to his brother.

Of course Sam wasn't going to leave! Not really. He did get himself outside, tho, where he could do something to help Dean. :D

Dean slowly realizing that he wasn't really empty inside and that Sam was still the most important thing in the world to him was beautiful to behold. I'd really like to see the events at Pastor Jim's play out, should the mood strike you at some point. :D

Nicely done. :)
Ash8 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Wonderful as usual. We needed this conversation on the show. And sam with the amulet \o/. Thanks so much for sharing. 3
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »