Reviews for Dazed and Confused
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011

Thank you for dealing with that episode in a very logical way. Show leaves so much out, but then that does leave room for awesome fic. :D

Dean's emptiness at the beginning here makes perfect sense after what we saw. We know, too, that Sam isn't the same person he was in those memories of his. He grew up in every way. We always hurt the ones we love, tho, and bless him for trying so hard to make it up to his brother.

Of course Sam wasn't going to leave! Not really. He did get himself outside, tho, where he could do something to help Dean. :D

Dean slowly realizing that he wasn't really empty inside and that Sam was still the most important thing in the world to him was beautiful to behold. I'd really like to see the events at Pastor Jim's play out, should the mood strike you at some point. :D

Nicely done. :)
Ash8 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Wonderful as usual. We needed this conversation on the show. And sam with the amulet \o/. Thanks so much for sharing. 3
Madebyme chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
There was so much content here, touching on so many important issues in so few words - I don't know how you do it!

Famine's words about Dean were powerful but I felt like the show kind of glossed over their importance and the repercussions they must have had. But you really developed on that here, how Dean's state of mind really drives his behaviour and thought process especially when it comes to Sam. So thank you for expanding on that, you do it so well its pretty much canon as far as I'm concerned!

I also appreciated how you dealt with the issue of Sam's heaven. When I watched the episode I honestly felt like those were true highlights for Sam but that Zachariah must have skewed the context, pick and mixing them in order to hurt Dean. But again this was never really made clear, not like his manipulation of Mary. And you really brought that to light here, having Sam clear up the situation and spell it out, I really wish this is something that the show could have done.

I'm sure that everyone has mentioned the amulet because I think that scene really stuck in most people's throat. Will they ever fix that? Who knows but seeing it around Sam's neck in your fic and Dean catching a glimpse was the perfect way to do it, befitting of the show and the characters.

The ending was all kinds of brilliant and I loved the whole 'okay' section, a perfect example of the boys 'talking' without words just a quiet understanding. This fic was wonderful and I could go on and on but I'll leave it here in fear of boring you. But this had everything and more, from demons to blood and a hint of an upbeat ending! Perfect. Thanks so much for sharing. Take care, Abbi
ariex04 chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
I'm so glad Sam and Dean get a chance to heal some of their pain and relationship issues in this story. Great job with it!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
I liked the reversal of where the boys are in the first half of season 6 in this story - namely Dean being the one who doesn't care and doesn't feel anything. I always thought the show kind of left Famine's pronouncement that Dean was "dead inside" without a proper explanation, so it was nice that you fleshed it out a bit more here.

I also loved how you pointed out how that wouldn't have been Sam's Heaven any more than Dean's would have been with his parents fighting. That's a really good point, and one I'd not really considered before.

I also liked the idea that the demons might have prodded the hunters in the boys' direction in order to try and get rid of Dean. I'm glad you didn't make them possessed though! And I'm also glad the boys didn't gank them in the end, as they would have made them every bit as bad as they were.

Thought provoking stuff. Makes me want to go watch the episode again!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 1/26/2011

Dean was really upset in the end of that episode... I'm still sorry the amulet never returned ( I wish they'll make Sam give it back to him someday, when they are closer than they are nowadays

Well, good one

See you around

Zaphire chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Perfect ending to that episode... MAN WHY cant Sara hire you to write... I hate the current storyline for SN...:(

oh well... loved this add on... and they way you wrote out all the conflicting emotions... very realistic...thumbs up
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
OOOjhhhhh AWESOME! :)

This was,this was...AMAMZIINGG! :)

I loved how Dean felt nothing and then the faith came back! and oh! Sam wearing the amulet...beautiful!

You got the brothers perfect! :)

Thank you!
Jane88 chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Great one, always wondered what happened before 99 Problems. Just amazing how you filled the missing pieces between these episodes. And I loved how Dean saw Sam wearing the amulet. And your idea of Deans emotions coming back slowly.

Thanks a lot for another wonderful one shot, never get tired of reading yours.
Wallflowergirl chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
When Sam walked out, I thought there must be something up his sleeve - there was no way he was going to just leave Dean! I loved how he trapped and exorcised them and proved to Dean he wasn't going to abandon him.

And, of course, I love that Sam had rescued the amulet...
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Another wonderful story.

I like the hunt, though in typical Winchester fashion it didn't go according to plan.

I knew that Sam wouldn't leave Dean behind, but it was still a wonderful moment when he returned to rescue his brother.

Nice touch when the amulet came into view around Sam's neck and Dean saw it. I like how at the end of this story Dean was feeling something again, even if it was just a dull ache inside him.

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Von chapter 1 . 1/25/2011

This is wonderful! It's been so sad without you lately. :D This is exactly the kind of story I've been needing to help balance the shockingly skewed recent reasons. Thank you!

I'm very sad to see you no longer seem to be inspired much - or perhaps you have other commitments. But this was perfect and I'm very grateful! Thanks!
freakin'applepie chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Thank you for the amazing story!

One of the many great qualities in your writing is that it's real. There are a lot of great tags out there to tie up loose ends, but none can compare to how your stories are something that one can actually imagine happening in canon. It's incorporating the little details, the small reactions and nuances we all can recognize that make me feel like the episode didn't end, just expanded into a different media through your fingertips. It's just the right amount of perfect. And mentioning the amulet tying the end into the next episode was pure genius. Seriously! It's a work of art. Thank you for sharing it.
Eris1031 chapter 1 . 1/25/2011