Reviews for A Switched Chance
colindw chapter 15 . 9/24
I really like this story, I your characterization of Harry and Hermione is excellent especially their gender confusion on being stuck in each other's bodies. I tend to like time travel do-over stories and this is a twist I've not seen before.
I find it slightly strange that Harry and Hermione would be so trusting of the Baron considering that the castle ghosts are supposed to be answerable to the Headmaster, or is that not true in this story?
Also - I'd be annoyed at the Baron, he's basically saying that bad things happen when you try change history and when asked for specifics refers them to a morality tale for children - not terribly helpful.
Commenting on the fairy tale itself, once is an accident, twice is a co-incidence, three times is enemy action - meaning that in the protagonist's place I'd conclude that my plans were being deliberately thwarted by some malevolent entity and look for ways of turning the tables.
The Baron misses the 3 ethical points I'd want to bring up - which H& Hr have not apparently considered in the story.
1 - If your time travel re-writes history, all the people in the original timeline have ceased to exist and you're the biggest mass murderer ever - oops.
2 - If instead the time travel creates a new branch of history, then the original branch now lacks the one person who has a chance at defeating Voldemort - so everybody else in that timeline is screwed. Oops.
3 - What happened to the original 11 year old Harry and Hermione who's bodies were taken over? Did they die? Were they expelled from their bodies to walk the world as ghosts? Stuck in the back of Sky and Leia's minds unable to influence events? It would be interesting to know - or even just have Sky and Leia wonder what happened.
Anyway - once again - this a great story and many thanks for taking the trouble to write and post it.
Halar chapter 2 . 9/16
wait hold up. What happens if one of them need the restroom. That would be super weird and then if they have to start puberty in each others bodys. not good.
rekrula chapter 7 . 9/16
Nick names just confuse the story more. I like it but doubt I will finish now.
Archie the Great chapter 15 . 9/7
holy wow. I just discovered this story and i have to say that it is amazing. this is the best time travel story that i have read so far. i love the fact that harry and hermione are finding themselves as leia and sky. i personally hope that they won't switch back as their previous characters and will grow into who they are now.
bryan314 chapter 15 . 8/10
Enjoying this so far. Not usually into gender reversals, but I like this take.

Thank you for the entertainment!
The Real Chys Lattes chapter 15 . 8/10
Aaaah, marathon read this fic. Love it. I tried to favorite it and it didn't show up in my favorites list! Odd.
KaiserCat chapter 15 . 7/31
This fic is super enjoyable to read, thank you. :3
Nytefyre chapter 15 . 7/17
The effort in writing the fairy tale was worth it. What a wonderful story and the different ways they react to it are spot on.

Thanks for writing and sharing.
hypnoticageregression chapter 15 . 6/25
Thanks for writing this x
hypnoticageregression chapter 10 . 6/15
Hello! I realise your note on Ch-10 requesting feedback re: including the small details or not... small details all the way. They build the world.
DarkViolet7258 chapter 15 . 6/11
I wonder if the only price is that they are switched
indanthrene-gecko chapter 15 . 6/7
I love this story. It'a a new twist on time travel. It's refreshing.

You capture Hermione's curiousness so well.

In earlier chapters, you showed Harry wondering about growing breasts and menstruation; it would be intersting to see how Hermione deals with the male stuff.
elej chapter 15 . 6/3
Wow, that was a great story. Does sound like a proper folklore in the wizarding world. Enjoying this fic immensely. Keep up the good work!
Brenden1k chapter 15 . 5/11
Can the author show the potioners chloride trifloride and other exciting elements?
purrfus chapter 15 . 4/26
A teaching story is a careful balance of fact and fancy. Kudos.