Reviews for A Switched Chance
ManaketeSmoocher chapter 15 . 9/12
Your writing is immensely enjoyable (even if the pronouns and ‘who’s who’ was confusing in the beginning) and I’m glad I stuck around!
elej chapter 3 . 9/11
Read this story a while back and enjoyed it. Rereading now.

Noted a mistake. I think you meant 'dominant/recessive genes', not 'dominant/submissive'.
ConstanceJ chapter 15 . 8/6
Cool
Please continue
RSegovia chapter 15 . 6/7
I'm really enjoying this. I think you did a good job with the Butterfly Effect fairy tale, and you even managed to write house elf grammar without resorting to Gollum-speak, as so many fanfiction writers do. I notice you also used my favorite Lord of the Rings quote!

There seems to be more going on with Harry and Hermione than a simple mind or body swap. The dual-wood wands make me think that they're each a mix of both people. The body is an essential part of a person's identity. It's very interesting (and much more pleasant to read) to see how they're settling into their new gender identities and adjusting to the differences they've created. At least they finally caught Pettigrew!

I'm excited to see what will happen next. Thanks for sharing!
annasfanfic chapter 15 . 5/24
Aftermath Man chapter 15 . 4/27
Bloody fantastic read and I saddens me to see it has not been updated in near a year. RL must have gotten in the way but I sincerely hope that this story will be continued at some point. You by far above all others in my personal opinion have done the best when dealing with time travel in the HP universe. I cannot stress enough how much I was and am enraptured by this telling, I simply could not put it down.
love10ben chapter 1 . 4/25
dg
good fic :33
JumpingToaster chapter 9 . 3/4
Those who have read or seen enough fiction of any sort knows that trying to keep things canon to in order to keep one's future knowledge valid is pretty much nothing more than a shot in the dark hoping it hits the dices and then hope the dices come up snake eyes. Yeah, things may remain the same or they may not. Even if they remain the same many things will be different and one might not necessarily know what the changes might be. Well, they made their choices here and the consequences is on their heads.

...and I am also hoping they switch back. It is part of the story but still slightly distracting.
Snape gets way too big of a pass in the fandom imo. He not only joins the Death Eaters, he becomes a member of the inner circle, and the Death Eaters are a clear allegory to the Nazis. In the first war, as terrible as it was, Voldemort hadn't taken over Hogwarts and the Ministry either so while there was immense pressure people weren't forced to choose a side. I have some sympathy for Draco, who grew up in a house where blood supremacy was espoused every day and never met a muggle, but not Snape, who despite his terrible childhood knew there were good muggles, as Lily was clearly happy with her parents, and decided to join anyway. Abuse and being bullied as a teenager is awful, but it's no excuse for his actions.

I give him credit as I give credit to some of the SS members who tried to kill Hitler in that they did something very brave but it certainly didn't erase their previous horrendous activities.
Dab Quirid chapter 15 . 1/17
I like it, solid plot, everyone seems in character (until character development - which also makes sense in its progression).

The gender-bending is depicted in a reasonable way, with both characters' ways of coping with the change being both distinct from each other and showing a gradual progression. It is very rare to find a gender-bender story this well done.

The fairytale reminds me of two other timetravel-stories* I know.
*Both are in moving pictures format, though

Regarding the switch: Polyjuice-potion is still a thing. I know that it's neither practical, efficient nor feasible at this point, but I doubt they wouldn't have at least thought of it, especially in the beginning.

Hope this will get updated again.
all forms of fluff chapter 15 . 1/14
I think I like this story. But I can't for the life of me see where it is going. On the one hand the idea of the first few chapters is interesting. Harry and Hermione having to deal with being in the other's body should be a very interesting story. The fact that they are adults in children's bodies makes it less cool. In the beginning it was interesting. learning how to deal with their home life, organizing the kids, even their wands changing. It all started off good or interesting. Then you got to Hogwarts. And it was at first, interesting. But then you have them competing against children, and not being the clear winner. By this I mean Theodor Nott. I can believe that an eleven year old son of an aristocrat is a better in the social standing games then a seventeen year old bookish muggleborn But its all of the other things. Harry acting like a kid, I can understand the emotional blows of seeing people who were dead back to being alive. Of caring about how Parvati will react to losing a hair pin Leia had already listened about all that morning being lost. But They should already know the source material. Problems with their magic or not nothing they are learning in first year should be a challenge for them. Then you splice in all this about souls and minds and bodies. Which is interesting and I really want to hear about it. But your having eleven year old children participating in the conversation. To the reader this is okay we know the kids aren't really kids. But the adults don't know that.

At this point in the story I just can't see where you're heading with this story. You've put so many irons in the fire that its all getting to be entirely too much to keep track of. It mostly has to do with the fact that you have first years pulling this off. Yes they aren't actually first years but your dedicating so much time to this year that it seems like your never going to advance past it. And if you aren't then that's going to create larger problems down the road. I would offer suggestions but at this point it would sound like I knew how to tell your story better then you, which I don't. But I do hope that the next chapter at least gives us some clue as to how long this story is supposed to be. You've already been posting it for five years, and I wonder if you even know how it's going to end yourself.

God that sounds harsh as I do like the story. I enjoyed how you slowly transitioned Harry into thinking as a girl, how you don't even bring attention to it except at the starting A/N. I enjoy the humor your manufacturing, even if I hate twin talk. But the gags are getting repetitive. There is only so much chasing of Peeves before you come off as a bully to the guy. But then that is the nature of a prankster. Thank your for sharing it with us, I hope its updated soon.
animusand chapter 10 . 1/6
Details are great. The originals also spend chapters on a day then seem to skip weeks in passing. So far so good.
Lanzecki chapter 15 . 12/26/2017
A truly fantastic story, from one who could well become a mistress of storytelling. Thank you, and I look forward to the next instalment!