Reviews for Waiting
drkstormynite chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
Love this!

This gives such a great look into Dean's head and heart.

Good stuff this.

Thanks Muffy.
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Love me some Dean introspection.

With Sam out cold for 10 days (as Like a Virgin told us), these are exactly the kind of thoughts I can see going through Dean's head as he waits for his brother to wake up. And you are so right: patience is not one of our elder Mr. Winchester's strong suits. *g*

"...quiet men who can suddenly become... something else." - This hits the nail on the head when it comes to Sam; he's a gentle soul by nature but life has given him a temper and when he snaps, even without demon blood or soulessness, he can be dangerous indeed.

Thanks for listening when Dean would not shut up, and sharing his rambles with us. :)

Cheers, Sculls
supernatfem76 chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Great job writing in Dean's point of view about having Death give Sam his soul back. It is a hard thing when your siblings grow up. You can't help but remember how it was when you were younger but as your sisters or brothers grow up, they change. Sometimes they change for the better and sometimes for the worst and there is nothing you can to do about that. You just have to love them the way they are.
rog457 chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
What a great one-shot. I can absolutely hear Dean saying these things while sitting watching Sam probably with a drink in front of him.

If force of personality can get something done then Dean will certainly get "his" Sammy back.

Loved it
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
This was fantastic. Fits perfectly with that clip. Even with all the ups and downs and agony, and sometimes things I don't like, I'm still looking forward to tomorrow's episode.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Wonderfully written. Loved how you got into Dean's head and had him analyze his motives and what he was told by others. How he came to the conclusion that he was right and even told Sam, although a sleeping Sam, he was wrong, because he believed the others, not him, Dean. What is happening here is so real. We all have been there, where others tried to convince us we were wrong and we had to carefully pick everything apart to make the doubts go away. Thanks for writing and sharing this. Hugs, Vonnie
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
I hate waiting, too. :( It just really sux! One would think we'd get used to it, but hardly ever do. This particular wait is probably the worst Dean's ever had, too.

I'm really excited for this ep and am THRILLED that they start where they left off and not a few days/weeks later. :D

Good one. :)
sylia91 chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Excellent as always. I don't get the controvery about getting Sam's soul back into his body. Yes it is very damaged and may well kill him or worse but even that is finite and he would very deservedly go to heaven. But leave his soul where it is would be eternal torment in the cage with Lucifer and Michael undergoing never ending continous torture with no hope of relief and leave an increasingly dangerous souless killing machine that likely would have to be put down at some point. I'm not seeing much of a difficult decsion here.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Yeah, Sam will beat this other problem! ) He always does!

I'm hoping for Like a Virgin to be way better than it looks xD I hope I'm not wrong

Kisses and good fanfic Big Brother Dean always appeals to me

Rosetta
ROBINV chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Very angsty and super-good. Enjoyed every well-crafted word!

Love,

Robin
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
AW, this wad really good - you write Dean really well, I must say;-) And I am DYING to see what happens when Sam wakes up - I hope we get the mother of all hugs! (maybe that's wishful thinking...) Anyway, this was great - I really felt Dean's anxiety and love for his little brother (and his denial!) Good job!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
I haven't watched any clips for the upcoming episode besides the previews for the next episode.

I think you did a good job writing Dean. Sam has already proven to Dean that he is not a good man without his soul. I think Sam's soul is what makes him Dean's brother and yes, Dean did help in raising Sam into the good man he can be at times.

I'm sorry I didn't understand the section where Sam needed to forgive Dean because Dean chased halfway across the country to find him. Unless it is because of the different times Sam has left and Dean continues to always search for him.

I hope that Sam is OK too, because I miss the brothers.

Enjoyed reading your story, but Dean also depressed me as he stood vigil waiting for Sam to wake up and hopefully the return of his brother.

Thanks for sharing your story with us

Until next time, take care.
infinite shadow chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
I love this one shot. There are so many things in here that ring true, and speak so much of Dean, but this in particular:

How can I tell him, it wasn't my precious Sammy's soul in hell I was worried about, but the totality of my Sam. My brother. All the parts. Sam. The man that has been with me since he was returned, the man with Sam's memories, and the soul being tortured in hell.

I loved all of this but the best part was I could hear Dean speaking the entire time I was reading this. I'm so glad you decided to share this story with us.

Can't wait for the next posting hon!

infinite shadow
judyann chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
OK Muffy you got me all so excited for Friday's episode! I love that story and you told Dean's point of view amazingly! Amazing little story! Can't wait for enjoy! Enjoy the episode I know I will!
borgmama1of5 chapter 1 . 1/25/2011