Reviews for Remembrance Day
Noodles Bamboodles chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
This IS really sad, especially how they blocked Batman's memory completely of Dick. That's just terrible :(

But I want to comment, that they actually DID have Dick's back-story in The Dark Knight Strikes Again. I had to look this up, 'cause I didn't really understand it when I read it, but Dick dressed up as Joker, killed some lesser known heroes (Martian Manhunter included) because he had been (as quoted from Wikipedia) "driven insane after years of radical gene therapy by Luthor and others" and "genetically manipulated to possess a powerful healing factor and is criminally insane. Batman shows nothing but contempt for his former sidekick and plans his death the moment they face each other. Batman hurls himself and Grayson into a miles-deep crevasse filled with lava and blows up the entire cave, igniting an underground volcano and destroying everything. He is saved by Superman at the last minute." "The Dark Knight states that he sacked him 'For incompetence. For cowardice'"

Although in DKR, Batman does reminisce about their time together ("Batman shows signs of fatherly love towards him, but decides to hide them."), Batman is also willing to kill him the moment they come face-to-face in the Batcave.

There's also a prequel to the DK stories called All-Star Batman and Robin that explains their relationship more.
Batnightwings chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
Depressing story, but very well written, thank you for sharing.

I really can't see Barbara and Dick becoming suicidial, that just doesn't fit their character in my opinion, no matter what fate throws at them. I also can't see the Titans just standing by and do nothing to stop them, sorry that is just out of character to me.

As to Frank Millers Dark Knight, in my humble opinion Dick is mentioned.

Read page 4 of book one, panels six and seven:

panel six:

Gordon to Bruce: Spoken to Dick lately?

panel seven:

Bruce to Gordon: Not for seven years, Jim. You know that.

Gordon to Bruce: Still, huh? I'm dam sorry about that. Especially with what happened to Jason...

I always thought this was about our beloved Mr. Grayson. *g*

After reading Millers Dark Knight Strikes Sgain, I do agree, he doesn't seem to like the first Boy Wonder. Well, his loss.
Creative Spark chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
It was sad and depressing. But it was good. Though I can't see Richard with Thomas for his child's name. I don't know why, I just can't. *shrugs* It was good though.

-Creative Spark
Rogue Knight1 chapter 1 . 8/26/2002
Sad. But actually, Dick is mentioned in a peripheral way in DKR. At least twice, Batman talks to him inside his head.
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 8/8/2002
Remembrance Day makes a perfect sense, including that Dick would ask J'onn to wipe all memory of himself, Babs and their tragically dead child from Bruce's and Alfred's minds - b/c it would be possibly the thing that could truly break Batman AND Alfred - who previously stood up to things that would have killed *Superman*. I don't see any problem with the logic you used here, and that motivation to take the action Dick took is entirely in line with *why* someone might choose to end things during a particularly bad moment.

Tracey
Cassandra Chalice chapter 1 . 4/16/2002
Thank you. That is the one thing that bugs me most about FM's TDK stuff. You're right, of course, that it is not a happy explanation, but at least it's better than "FM doesn't like Dick Grayson." The writing is transparent to the story, by the way: I didn't notice anything between me and your character's universe (which is a high compliment!)
Elli chapter 1 . 3/29/2002
This would explain a lot of things. I hate the fact that in the future that Dick is ignored, and although hiding Dick's entire existence would probably be a tremendous job, your idea works great. Hope to read more of your fics soon.
John Westcott chapter 1 . 3/23/2002
An interesting an imaginitive take on why Dick doesn't appear in Miller's Dark Knight books. Though I'm not sure I agree with it (I really don't see Dick and Barbara killing themselves or The Titans allowing it to happen), it is, as always, extremely well written and sad in the extreme. In a way, it does keep with the tone of the Miller books (I own the first one, never read the sequel), very, very, dark indeed. Don't misunderstand my comments. I may not agree with your future explanation of Dick's absence, but I don't have to agree with it completely to know that it's always a tremendous treat to read your work.
blakdove chapter 1 . 3/20/2002
this is so sad /: ...but very good.
Jen chapter 1 . 3/20/2002
oh man...that was...just...WOW. kudos.