Reviews for Le Fantome
M.W chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Finally, a well-written, thoughtful and respectfully done LOTM fic. So many of these stories tend to try and recreate Alice into a romanticized trope, or into a different character with their version of "stronger", but here you portray Alice struggling and rebuilding herself wonderfully. I always thought the subtle portrayal of Alice's and Uncas' connection (whatever that may be) was one of the most powerful interactions in the movie, but I have always wished to see a meaningful interaction between Alice and Chingachgook, and I loved that you ended on that note. Beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Beautiful! I've always loved the silence of Uncas and Alice's exchanges and to have the same with his ghost, it gives me too many feels! Keep up the amazing work, I would love to read more LotM from you! :)
Starrika chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Wow. This was beautiful and poetic - very dark, but it drew you in. As the reader, I felt I *was* Alice, reading this. You've got a gift!
assiage chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
This was lovely! I read it several times and adored the characterization. I have a few questions however, I would appreciate it so much if your could reply when you have the time. So, most of the characters died? Is that what had happened, and Alice lived? Are those truly phantoms she is hearing, of Cora, Nathaniel, Duncan? I was also confused as to whether Uncas was really dead or not. Thank you for writing this and hopefully clearing things up for me c:
bethsaida chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Definitely one of the more inventive LOTM alternate endings, exploring how things might have turned out had Alice followed Magua instead of jumping to her death. Beautiful writing and characterization - Alice becomes a ghost and holds conversations with those who are dead or absent. There were a few points I thought could have been a little clearer (What was the relationship between Alice and Magua at the camp? What happened on the cliff? Was Uncas really alive with Chingachgook at the end, or was he another phantom of her imagination?), but overall a wonderful piece of work. Thanks for sharing!
nkurej chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Fascinating! I love stories that make me think and feel at the same time. Nicely written.
weezer42 chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
just goes to prove that excellent writing transcends fringe fandom's...

deep and abiding...thank you for sharing
i.m. nell chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
You write a dear lovely Alice that holds an inner strength that we might not otherwise have known. Thanks for this version.