Reviews for Danse Macabre
Stansa chapter 6 . 1/4/2014
It is realy good! Plez wright more!,
It'sASecret chapter 6 . 10/26/2012
Violin! It has to be a violin! Sorry I'm a total sucker for the classics. What I found funny though is that I play clarinet :) I'm not very good but it's a beautiful instrument and I should at her much more often than I do ' But anywho, I am so rediculously in love with each and every one of your phantom pieces. You are a truly gifted writer :) I don't know of you get told that very often but you should. I am absolutely in love with your characters and megXeric is now in my top three favorite pairings ever, right up there with hades and Persephone and the other one that I just forgot x3 I was pleasantly surprised by your ability to take the same scene and show it from so many different perspectives bravo madame. You have an amazing gift. I know this isnt productive or realistic in the least bit i am completely in love with your Eric's. I feel sorry for all the future guys I may date. They have A really high bar to deal with x3 I eagerly await updates from you on these amazing masterpieces. And I'm with meg on this one. You can't create something this beautiful without having a beautiful soul. I can't wait to read more of your work :) but I guess I'll have to seeing as It hasn't been written/posted yet ;)
nicole813711 chapter 6 . 9/5/2012
Excellent! I hope you update soon or find the motivation to continue!
EchoCIDE chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Absolutely grand! I know I haven't reviewed any of your other stories so far but I have been meaning too, been so busy you know. I am in complete awe of your work though, I have to say and I love where you were going with this. Trust when I say that I understand your plight when it comes to posting substandard work, as most of mine has been kind of...well, subpar in my belief. This is the main reason why I haven't posted any of my POTO stories, I just believe that I could really do much better and won't post until I get it in line. It's been kind of a fear really but enough about that. I noted on your profile that you have been stricken down with the ailments known as life and writer's block - an annoying little thing to be sure - but I do hope that when you finally return to use you will find your way with this. I know that anything you write will be great and so I hope you continue with this as well as all of your stories. Especially Change of Key. Thanks for writing such wonderful pieces and I do hope your life clears up soon!
Rose Jane Cullen chapter 6 . 3/16/2011
OMG, I have no words to explain how I loved the story, I was eager to read Meg / Erik since I saw Phantom of the Opera, you write very well and I dare say you have become my favorite writer of this couple. I'm loving the story and I hope that soon you have more inspiration to continue it and I really want to read Phantom Untitled Story, Key Change, Our Strange Duet, mainly because I saw the fanvid of the Key Change and fell in love, hope you update soon or when you can

Nightmare Asylum chapter 6 . 3/12/2011

*sobs in a corner* Why must it end there?

*continues to sob in her corner*
Rialaea chapter 6 . 3/11/2011
Ah, one of the more credible renditions I've come across. I look forward to the continuation.
Call it Maglc chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Intriguing! I can't wait to read more! :)
sisteroffive16 chapter 4 . 2/13/2011
AWESOME! update soon! well written.
StrawberryStoleYourCookie chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
This is really really good writing. I love how you portray Erik...This is amazing so far!
TorchWooder98 chapter 6 . 2/6/2011
So when are we gonna se more off Adele in the more...modern setting?
suscintilla chapter 6 . 2/6/2011
Oh squee how I missed thee! Ace by name...

Arabella Poisson!The Fish Woman! Methinks Adele is NOT going to be her bessie mate.

I really like how Meg so wants to help him but realises his is a problem she can't fix and then she twigs the transphantomication thing that he does and correctly recognises it for yet another mask - God the man is an onion!

So what's his most important feature then Meg! He has a soul yay and the poor thing doesn't even realise. Love that he's so totally undone by her praise of his talents and that he can't figure out how to thank her but yet REALLY wants to. (can you hear me squee-ing across the miles!)

Your treatment of the Erik/Antoinette rift was very well done...a brief but sincerely meant apology combined with the kind of loaded look ONLY Erik can deliver was enough to pull Antoinette back from her causticness.

I love his little normal moment of trying to sort his appearance out and I just wanted to hug him when he was trying to fix his hair - it would KILL him to be so unkempt, especially when he needs every bit of armour he can get his hands on...ah but he now has Meg of Paris!

Ok the drawing of himself that Meg found and all of the other ones she saw - wow. The descriptions were stunning and the insight it gives Meg into the man she's coming to know were genius. I think we all know that ALW wanted the film version to be more about Erik's self imposed solitude rather than one necessitated by his appearance (or if not then should - don't start me on the "sunburn" brigade). He THOUGHT his face was far worse that it actually was and the mind is a powerful tool as he demonstrates all the time...he has managed to convince himself that the man he sees in his mind is the reality. As you've pointed out in a PM, it likely was much worse as a child and he has merely grown into his face.

In a word...perfect.
animevideogame freak chapter 5 . 2/4/2011
i like the story so far update soon please
suscintilla chapter 5 . 2/2/2011
Oh WOW! Before I even start let me say this MORE MORE MORE!

The little scene between Meg & her mum is lovely, esp with Meg going all coy, twisting her foot (knowing full well her mother won't be impressed) and then just blurting out as much information as possible before Antoinette has a chance to tell her off...still a little of the girl left in her! Love the description of Mme Giry's eyes and how she can make people tell her stuff without asking!

I love how you've explained the big chasm between Erik and Antoinette - totally get the sense that he would feel rightly put out when she legged it with her man leaving him to his own devices. Explains a little why he started getting mischievous and went full on OG.

His nightmare was brilliant! I love that he ran through a few costume changes before he settled on the right version of her - ie the closest he probably felt to having her within his grasp and how you've described Bambi was legendary. Coy and flirty, all come-to-bed eyes and suggestive smiles and poor Erik was completely under her spell. Then the scheming treacherous wench feeds him to the lions...brilliantly done how you altered it from what actaully happened to pull in his fears from childhood and the whole "Devils Child" thing. Wonder will Meg have spotted that and maybe will have to ask him about it later?

And well...oh she is a darling! Wrapping her teency arms around him and running her fingers through his hair (squee'd madly at that bit) - such an innate, natural behaviour for her and she wouldn't have even thought twice about it, probably having done similar for countless wee ballet girls over the years.

I absolutely loved Antoinettes reaction to that scene too - she realises that Erik has caved completely and latched onto Meg and vice versa and although she's kinda terrified in case he goes "off his meds" with her etc, she knows a)Meg's committed now to his cause and won't be moved and b) Meg's probably his only chance now at getting back to what passes for normal with him.

Her little bit at the end was precious where she leaves them in peace as she knows he wouldn't want her to see him like that. It shows that she really does care about him and that he would be mortified, she knows appearances and his whole OG persona thing is very important to him. It was beautfully done.

Every single bit of this was stellar and much as you are with TOATP, I'm treating this as the "squeequel" that ALW should've done (don't start me off again on LND).

He's got the dancing girl so bring on the music...
Vorel laraek chapter 5 . 2/1/2011
Wow. I have to admit, I never saw the 2004 movie - I'm brazening through mainly on the basis of the original book, but it seems to be working.

Moving on, I love the writing here, and the way you make the pairing work. You've taken a truly broken character and managed to convey that *without* exccessive angst, and for that, I salute you.

Can't wait to see whaich instruments he picked!