Reviews for The Ups and Downs of Photography

red
x.keepingthemoon.x chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
naww :) this is great!
Melbi chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
That was good! Quite sad. Thanks )
compartmentalize chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
i never envisioned a hotch/reid pairing. but this story was so well executed, so true to the characters' ticks and general personalities that it was totally believable. the depiction of chief strauss was the perfect love-to-hate, merciless, bureaucratic witch. few can simulate the witty, quirky Garcia, but yours was passable: "the unending fountain that is Dr. Reid." Ha! Her gift to Spencer was really sweet, and it summed up the plot very nicely. I also liked that you left Aaron's lines up for interpretation towards the end, that you never explained if the kiss had indeed meant something to him. The conversation between him and Spencer that followed was tantalizingly ambiguous.

please continue with the story, i'd love to read the outcome!
RIPCURL.aus chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
I actually set this prompt, and I am sure glad I did now. I totally love this!

I loved the ending, and the beginning, i like the way it was set out. reminded me of 100.

Nicely done!
Thelostone2013 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
This was well done! I really enjoyed it! The formatting was a little confusing, but one of the other reviewers mentioned it, so I don't feel the need to say anything on that matter. Your Garcia was lovely - I can absolutely see her taking those pictures! I simply adore that Reid knew it was Hotch's first smile since Haley... Beautifully written!
Shadow Cat17 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Lovely story!
nebula2 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
I'm not a fan of slashing the CM characters so we'll ignore my feelings on the that subject. Putting that aside, I thought the story was very well written and believable. I can so see Garcia taking the pictures and then it ending up on Strauss' desk. How the two of them handle the interviews with Strauss was very well done.

""It didn't mean anything because it can't mean anything," Hotch elaborated." - such a very well written line for him. Well done!

The ending was very sweet. Even ignoring the slash implications its true because the team members are family.

Constructive Criticism: I find your transitions rough a lot of time and feel like that pulls me from the story while I'm reading it. Some of it could be fixed with your formatting. I know when I write, I put breaks of white space between sections which likes to eat when its uploaded. I try to remember to go in and put linebreaks in after uploaded the chapter. Other symbols can be used to do that too. An example of a spot that could benefit with some kind of break indicator is :

"Anything, sir!"

Hotch walked into his office and stated without preamble, "The cameras are down in here, courtesy of Garcia, for about the next five minutes."

I had to stop and re-read this a couple of times because I missed the reference to his office. I didn't realize at first that Hotch had left Garcia's office and headed for his own. I realize you did make mention of it but it goes by so quick that it took me a bit to find it, which is why I said I think the transitions are rough. Because you are jumping from one place to another - some kind of section break - (I've used this ~*~ at times) works well.

Also, a little later when Reid leaves, you write 'He left' and then go into Reid sitting at his desk. Well how did he leave - slowly, in a rush? Did he notice other people in the bullpen as he made his way to his desk? Answering those questions would smooth out that transition.

Overall though, nice little story. It was fun to Reid and you did a good job with working in the prompts.
RoseLaurel chapter 1 . 1/26/2011