Reviews for A Friend
Artwing7 chapter 1 . 1/26/2016
That was so cute! I really liked this story! Good job, I agree Toothless does seem like he would be fun to cuddle with. :)
Make war not love. war is fun chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
cute story
Pinnatus chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
This may be short but it is full of emotion.

Poor Hiccup! D':

I can imagine him screaming because he feels like a disappointment and a phony. Toothless though can make anything better! :)

Nice writing style and description. The insertion of the movie quotes really adds to the hurt feeling Hiccup is experiencing and it is a nice ode to the movie. Great job!
The Shadowless Nuance chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
It's really good : ) I can totally see this happening in the movie, particularly compounded with 'its not what you look like that he can't stand, it's what on the inside!' Not particularly tactful on Gobber's part. Good job
kittenlover chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww www
dontshowthistomyfriends chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
I would love to see this in the movie, just Toothless making Hiccup happier in his time of need. Awesome oneshot, I loved him! D
Kibacoe chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
This made me really sad but extremely happy at the same time. Sad, because the story was utterly heartbreaking, but happy because I love angsty, dark stories. With hurt and comfort.

And I agree with you, Hiccup was obviously not a happy boy. Under all that stress I know I wouldve cried :/ I wonder what it would be like if Httyd was made more adult like? /hums

but sadly, it won't happen ;-;

BUT GREAT STORY!
musiclover99 chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
That *sniff* was beautiful. And yes, Toothless would be awesome to cuddle. Better than even a pillow pet! XD

I wrote a fic that has that whole "why do the gods hate me?" kinda feeling, more on the sad side though. Its called Alone, and I hope you'll read it!
merrygould chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
How do you feel about alfredo sauce? XD

This part...I melted:

"So the dragon endures the too-tight embrace and the loathsome sniffling noises throughout the night until early morning because he loves Hiccup. He doesn't it because he wants to, not because he has too. He loves him more than anything, and feels anxiety as the boy leaves just before early dawn- after a great many thanks -to venture back to his village, to face another day pretending to be something he's not."

The way you describe Toothless' thoughts. They sound so innocent coming from him in such a way.
Prieva chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
This was really poignant, and it actually made me kind of sad. Like you, I thought that movie definitely had the potential to be a lot more angsty than it was; but yes, it is a 'kid's movie', so they couldn't have something as real and honest as this, eh? (That was sarcasm).

Despite that though, this was awesome, and I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you for posting.
Xtraitor chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Aww that was so touching. I never thought about it, Hiccup being depressed I mean. It makes me kind of sad, but good story nonetheless. I enjoyed it.
111 chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
love it
Khodgi01 chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Sometimes I wish the children's movie makers would decide to be less... censored, I guess, and portray the true emotions of a struggling character. It would make it feel more... whole, you know? Especially with 'belonging' movies, like 'How to Train Your Dragon'.

Sorry if the 'belonging' thing makes no sense. It's a concept we had to study for two years back in high school - ruins some movies lol. Now every time I see a 'belonging' movie I critique it. The emotions in HTTYD were a bit shallow as a result. No one would be able to endure what Hiccup did without being more depressed or bitter. Your story is brilliant, portraying that :)
ani chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
wow... it's nice to see that tiny flash of temper we got flare up at a very obvious point. you got them both across well within a valid point. (but speaking from experience after a few years you just don't care.)
Fishyicon chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Aw, absolutely adorable, short buddy. Got to love the bromance. But I have a question-if it's bromance for two guys, what about two female best friends? Just kind of wondering. You know, for us. 3

Great work, hon! You know I love to see your stuff. I can't wait for some more. Keep on writing!

~Fishy