Reviews for Rainbow
Saberas-67 chapter 9 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
The next morning, the magic of Ecruteak fades somewhat as Mai sets out to explore the city in earnest. Here and there, she catches glimpses that give away the city's modern identity. Like the handful of skyscrapers that tower over shrines, or the newly constructed stores displaying sleek products from Devon and Silph. There are also the tourists and pokémon trainers, who look and dress in a distinctly different style from the native townspeople.

Misanisonnis.92 chapter 6 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
The clues and answers are in the details, some more obvious than others. I am not always fair when I dispense information so please keep me honest. Please also feel free to ask me questions and comments/suggestions are all welcome as well.

this is gold...
ShumrumphX74 chapter 3 . 10/13/2018

Enjoy.

Tayloji-50 chapter 12 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Every moment that the Kimono Girls make is delicate and deliberate. Mai feels chills down her back. She knows enough about traditional dance to know that it is very nuanced. The smallest of gestures can tell a whole story on its own, whether it is the curl of a finger or the tilt of an arm. Though their style of dancing is introverted, with little eye contact with the audience, the Kimono Girls nevertheless draw everyone into their story. In this dance, they seem to portray young women searching for someone across a large river, a love story perhaps. The music grows more sorrowful as the dance speeds up, until all that could be seen of the dancers are the blur of their kimonos and umbrellas.

Lrah.13 chapter 16 . 10/13/2018

"Hello," she says.

ThmaberX94 chapter 4 . 10/13/2018

Lseirsei.64 chapter 7 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
"Then –" Keiko stops herself, too tactful to press on.

Lnisnnis-77 chapter 4 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
They have lunch in a nearby restaurant run by friends of Keiko's family. Over rice, miso soup, and grilled magikarp, Keiko tells them more about the Kimono Girls. There are generally five to seven full-fledged Kimono Girls, she explains, but the exact number is not fixed and changes from generation to generation. Only the very top dancers in each incoming year can even be considered to become a Kimono Girl. Once selected, they will keep their positions until they retire.

Sassukr-6 chapter 11 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
"Wow!" Mai is impressed. "I wish I could see the Kimono Girls dance in person too."

Herfby.62 chapter 16 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
He disappears, just as Keiko comes. She looks around curiously. "I didn't know wild ghosts talk to humans," she says, her sentence clearly a question even without the inflection.

Amazing!
Esonmon.83 chapter 9 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
"You must be careful," Mother says sharply.

Impossible.
MisaMisn 90 chapter 4 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
"Actually, you will see them dance today," Keiko says. "The Elder always makes sure that they perform during the Obon Festival. There will be a big stage set up here after lunch."

AlinhtX16 chapter 9 . 10/13/2018

Eimph-28 chapter 9 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
The explanation comes to Mai naturally, though she has not stopped to think of a reason until then. "I am going to the Kimono Dance Theater," she says. "I am one of five girls selected this year."

I'm too curious
Sceacea 47 chapter 6 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Mai stares at her, having expected Mother to be proud. She is frozen in place as Mother steps close and cups her cheeks. Up close, her resemblance to the woman in Mai's pictures fades. Her face is too pale, her lips are too red, and her eyes are an empty lifeless black. Her hands are very, very cold.

What a beautiful piece of literatur.
222 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »