Reviews for Rainbow
MaIisp.17 chapter 15 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
"Have you seen the Kimono Girls perform in person then?"

Give me a break :(
RRamsaNaruto64 chapter 13 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Mai scrutinizes the dancers before her more carefully, but having only trained in ballet, she could only tell that the dance looks quite similar to the Bon Odori in Goldenrod City. She turns back to Keiko.

What is that?

Hey there.

Amazing!
VTriumiumph 73 chapter 14 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
I have a fascination with Ecruteak City, though this fic went through countless drafts over the course of a few years before I realized what story I wanted to tell.

What is that?
Sopmpophp-38 chapter 14 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Mai brightens. "I can't wait!"

I'm too curious
KirtX63 chapter 12 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
"Have you seen the Kimono Girls perform in person then?"

Boring -.-
TaySophorphia65 chapter 3 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
"But you will, obviously," cuts in a different voice. Hana, Chiyo, and Akina have joined them. "We are Kimono Girl trainees now," Hana continues, "so I expect we will see the Kimono Girls all the time once classes start."

I'm too curious
Tattletalewin80 chapter 12 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Fortunately for them, their arrival coincides with the Obon Festival, one of Ecruteak's most famous events that draw many from all over the world. A giant carnival is set up in the middle of the city, complete with themed rides and food stands. Music blares over loudspeakers. Now and then, different groups of young women dressed in yukata would encourage everyone to start dancing to a modernized and abridged version of the Bon Odori.

Come on...
EmiyEmaX71 chapter 2 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Every moment that the Kimono Girls make is delicate and deliberate. Mai feels chills down her back. She knows enough about traditional dance to know that it is very nuanced. The smallest of gestures can tell a whole story on its own, whether it is the curl of a finger or the tilt of an arm. Though their style of dancing is introverted, with little eye contact with the audience, the Kimono Girls nevertheless draw everyone into their story. In this dance, they seem to portray young women searching for someone across a large river, a love story perhaps. The music grows more sorrowful as the dance speeds up, until all that could be seen of the dancers are the blur of their kimonos and umbrellas.

Are u serious?!
TayberX67 chapter 7 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Keiko nods proudly. "Of course! My old dance school is a little sister school to the Dance Theater. We perform in some of the same shows. Occasionally some of the top dancers would even come and instruct us, and of course the headmistress would come herself every once in a while to scout future recruits, like me."

Nice!
TaylaylommaX44 chapter 2 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
On the last night of the Obon Festival, the girls sit at the edge of Poliwag Pond to wait for the Daimonji. The last ray of the sun fades and shadows fall. The night is cool and a scent of the earlier rain lingers in the air. Curls of smoke rise in the distance; the natives are burning one last round of incense for ancestors and their pokémon.

Are u serious?!
Erwirer 34 chapter 9 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
The night before Mai leaves for the Ecruteak City, she performs atop a pagoda. It is autumn, the surrounding trees resplendent in red and gold. There is no music save the faint chimes of a bell, and all around her lays the landscape of a crumbling metropolis. It is only when she catches sight of Mother, watching her amidst an otherwise faceless audience, that she realizes she is merely dreaming. Mother has been dead for years.

Cool!
SampaImp 47 chapter 9 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
"I thank all of you for coming," he says in a loud voice, without using a microphone. "My introduction to you will be quite short. As you all know, Ecruteak City is known for its beauty, and I daresay there will be nothing that embodies the notion of beauty more than the dancing of our top dancers. Please, let us welcome our Kimono Girls!"

Amazing!
Lighahura81 chapter 4 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
"Why are you dancing, Mai?" she asks.

Boring -.-