Reviews for Rainbow
Lseirsei.64 chapter 12 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
They look like a rainbow, Mai thinks, a rainbow that bridges the river so the lovers can meet. And indeed, there is sudden joy in the music and the dancers' movements become gentler, almost flirty. The umbrellas twirl merrily and each Kimono Girl seems to be engaged in her own dance with a partner, though she remains perfectly in sync with the others. Mai is again reminded of a rainbow, though this time the rainbow just seems to represent the joy of seeing the sun again after a large rainstorm.

Lnisnnis-77 chapter 3 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Her hometown lacks the atmosphere present in Ecruteak, though she is not sure how to describe it.

Herfby.62 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
The last notes of the song play, and both music and dancers come to a stop. There is a brief moment of silence, and then, a huge roar of applause. Even the pokémon, who have not stirred throughout the performance, join in their owners' cheering with their own cries of approval. The Kimono Girls bow gracefully and decline an encore. Afterwards, they retreat to the back of the stage, allowing the curtains to fall, hiding them from view once more. Mai brings her hands to her face and is surprised to find they are wet with tears.

Esonmon.83 chapter 10 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
"I thank all of you for coming," he says in a loud voice, without using a microphone. "My introduction to you will be quite short. As you all know, Ecruteak City is known for its beauty, and I daresay there will be nothing that embodies the notion of beauty more than the dancing of our top dancers. Please, let us welcome our Kimono Girls!"

AlinhtX16 chapter 13 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
The clues and answers are in the details, some more obvious than others. I am not always fair when I dispense information so please keep me honest. Please also feel free to ask me questions and comments/suggestions are all welcome as well.

Boring -.-
Eimph-28 chapter 2 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Mother smiles, a cold smile that contains too many shades of meanings to discern.

What a beautiful piece of literatur.
SarPanaceacea 38 chapter 12 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Mai glances up to stare directly at a haunter. She is startled, though not frightened. Wild pokémon in the National Park sometimes talk to humans. Why not the wild ghost pokémon in Ecruteak City?

MaIisp.17 chapter 12 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
I have a fascination with Ecruteak City, though this fic went through countless drafts over the course of a few years before I realized what story I wanted to tell.

RRamsaNaruto64 chapter 10 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Mai wakes up shivering, remembering little of the dream aside from the feel of her mother's breath against her ear and the words she would later recall with different eyes.

Aersani.62 chapter 7 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
"Actually, you will see them dance today," Keiko says. "The Elder always makes sure that they perform during the Obon Festival. There will be a big stage set up here after lunch."

I'm too curious
Rakoko21 chapter 11 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Mai is relatively quiet for the rest of the night, trying and failing to understand the encounter with the haunter. It had been so sure that it knew her, and yet she was equally sure that it was wrong. By the time she gets up to leave with everyone else, however, she is outwardly her normal self again, having resolved to put the incident out of her mind.

VTriumiumph 73 chapter 12 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
Through the car window, she stares in amazement at the people strolling about in kimonos, the streets lined with machiya, and the town squares populated by trees and fountains. The Dance Theater is more of the same. A few miles north of the pokémon center, it boasts a collection of traditional buildings that sprawl over a hundred acres of manicured green. On her first night, as she watches the stars in the courtyard of her dormitory, Mai could almost imagine that she has arrived in a different era.

Sopmpophp-38 chapter 12 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
To Hana's visible disappointment, she also mentions that Kimono Girls do not spend all their time at the Dance Theater. Instead they travel very often to other cities and regions for performances and media appearances. Outside the public eye, the Kimono Girls are very private. They never give interviews and few are privileged to know them personally.

Ssuke76 chapter 8 . 10/13/2018

Now onto the actual review:
The next morning, the magic of Ecruteak fades somewhat as Mai sets out to explore the city in earnest. Here and there, she catches glimpses that give away the city's modern identity. Like the handful of skyscrapers that tower over shrines, or the newly constructed stores displaying sleek products from Devon and Silph. There are also the tourists and pokémon trainers, who look and dress in a distinctly different style from the native townspeople.

Nice!